Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762125 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #9345 on: March 18, 2011, 02:42:50 am »
Let it be heard:

I drank a good amount of tasty-tasty wine last night and bought shit online. I hope I made good selections.

...and so it was heard
I paid $200 for a (really really nice) set of lockpicks and a clear-sided lock this week. It can't be worse than that. :)

true. you're still into lock picking stuffs?

It's fun to play with, yeah.

I'm starting to get interested in Urban Exploration, so it can maybe sorta come in handy. But trespassing + having lockpicks on me would be a bad thing compared to just trespassing or just carrying picks (which is legal)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: March 19, 2011, 01:41:46 pm »
I just heard Star Wars is getting released to theaters in 3d. I'm not thrilled about the 3d, but I am excited to be able to see the original trilogy in theaters. Maybe IMAX :)
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: March 21, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »
lead has finally lost it and simultaneously developed a foot fetish

(3:09:14 PM) lead: and plus, being hungry im a former fat kid
(3:09:18 PM) lead: so foot excites me

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: March 24, 2011, 08:59:37 am »
I'll possibly be asking this waitress out on a date tomorrow if she's working... waitresses' motives are difficult to discern when they flirt with you, but oh well, I don't have anything to lose and need to build up a thicker skin to rejection by women.

lead has finally lost it and simultaneously developed a foot fetish

(3:09:14 PM) lead: and plus, being hungry im a former fat kid
(3:09:18 PM) lead: so foot excites me

lol, the first statement leaves some context to be desired, but lol at the follow on statement to that.

I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: March 29, 2011, 05:42:11 pm »
Rant expressing my irritation:

I turned in a paper about 6-8 weeks ago (so long ago that I no longer remember much about it). Anyhow, our prof was supposed to have back the papers today, and "go over them" with us. She was out of town Thurs-Sun night (in Vegas for a conference...and fun). Today we went over our papers...without her having handed them back. I have no recollection of what I wrote, so I have no idea how today's criticism applies. Further, at one point she just straight up said "they were sucky." Thats helpful...constructive criticism is good. Calling our papers "sucky" means nothing. Further, it seems to me that if everyone is fucking up on something, there is likely something wrong with the instruction we are receiving. KTHNXBAI.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: April 01, 2011, 05:08:43 am »
I'll possibly be asking this waitress out on a date tomorrow if she's working... waitresses' motives are difficult to discern when they flirt with you, but oh well, I don't have anything to lose and need to build up a thicker skin to rejection by women.

Just based on everything you've written, I'm not sure why you haven't tried an online dating site (if you haven't).

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9351 on: April 01, 2011, 08:47:32 am »

Just based on everything you've written, I'm not sure why you haven't tried an online dating site (if you haven't).

I've met a couple good friends through online dating, though no relationships (yet?). I'm pretty happy with it. :)

(Things are a little different when you're looking for guys, though, because in my life guys tend to default to 'friend', even if they're gay. *shrug* I like making friends so I don't mind)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:53:02 am by iago »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: April 01, 2011, 12:21:52 pm »

I've met a couple good friends through online dating, though no relationships (yet?). I'm pretty happy with it. :)

(Things are a little different when you're looking for guys, though, because in my life guys tend to default to 'friend', even if they're gay. *shrug* I like making friends so I don't mind)
That is so GAY of you to say that!

Wait, this isn't quite as insulting as I'd have hoped. :(
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: April 01, 2011, 08:19:26 pm »

I have perused some online dating sites, but as far as local women on such sites, I'd be better off doing it the old fashioned way until I can move someplace more populace.  The "Free online dating sites", the vast majority of local women around my age are surprisingly baby's mommas and uneducated... the online dating sites that require paid subscriptions to communicate, there are more women that I'd be interested in even these handful tend to not be looking for someone like myself (aka someone talller, white, etc. etc.).  I'll try online dating again once I get the hell out of the sticks and move someplace with a larger singles population.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: April 05, 2011, 05:17:11 pm »
Bah, having a nervous breakdown this week... major deadline I must meet by Friday... not sure I can meet it and have a lot of people with high expectations on me having it done... just came home to take a nap, too stressed out and tired, but will be going back to the office in a couple hours for the rest of the night, sigh.  I'm sure I could get it done in time, but it's my perfectionist coding and difficulty in coping with being forced to write shitty code for the sake of meeting deadlines that just gets me all torn up inside.  I hate writing poor code when I know I can write better.  It really bugs me to death.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:18:44 pm by while1 »

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: April 05, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
Simple answer: Do you like money? Failing to meet deadlines is the easiest way to no longer be making money.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:17 pm »
Simple answer: Do you like money? Failing to meet deadlines is the easiest way to no longer be making money.

While that may be the easiest way in a general sense, for me in this case not meeting this particular deadline won't result in no longer making money, rather it will mean my technical lead won't be so quick in the near future to recommend me to be tasked to work on something of such high importance and priority as this.  Meaning, I care more about losing the confidence and high esteem of my superiors and senior team members with regards to my competence level and abilities relative to my peers.

Anyways, after putting in a few hours tonight, I've completed a good chunk which as long as things go smoothly this point forward and I can maintain a steady pace of progress, I should be OK.  Just hoping all this use of Reflection will negligibly impact the overall scalability and performance... it's giving me huge gains with respect to code maintainability and greatly reducing code size... just hoping the trade off is worth it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:49:07 pm by while1 »

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: April 07, 2011, 12:07:52 am »
Good luck I have faith.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: April 13, 2011, 07:10:37 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGLFtAicts

It is what it is. I enjoy how I captured the guitars.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:07:09 pm by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: April 13, 2011, 01:46:29 pm »
Argued with woman last night about politics and vietnam/iraq. I let it be, and dropped the subject because, as usual, she wouldnt concede a thing. However, she brought it up again about 30 seconds before I took her to the airport...she'll be home sunday night (conference on suicide in Portland).

I told her (half jokingly) that I'd have a paper ready when she gets back. I've done the research, and found one single report that evidences my whole simple argument, but I dont know if I should show her...I'll likely just piss her off.

The reason I want to show her is because I want her to take me seriously. She discredited my assertion because (1) I didnt serve in vietnam/iraq; (2) she talks with vets who have [about 12 of them]; (3) I've only talked to friends that have served, so they might be as truthful [wtf?]; (4) I've only read "the headlines" about iraq [but I've read FAR more than "just the headlines].
Basically, I want to show her that while he is usu right on small stuff, I am almost always correct in any argument I make about history/politics.

The dispute:
We watched a movie about vietnam. In bed, she was saying she didnt know much about it (e.g., she didnt realize that Saigon fell...when I asked why, she said because there is still the DMZ...she was obviously confused, so I corrected her). I went further to say that Vietnam was a shitty war because of all the politics bridling the military, and restricting the efficiency of the military, just like Iraq. Apparently she's never heard of politics hampering "our efforts" in Vietnam or Iraq. I went on to explain ROEs (Rules of Engagement) in Iraq, and that soldiers generally cannot fire unless they warn first. She gave me a few examples of her patients, stating that they shot kids in the face that threw rocks. I did not dispute that (nor do I now), but I simply argued that generally, the rule was to warn first. I saw she wasnt going to concede shit, even though I concede that "her guys" might have had specific unit rules, so I dropped it.

Right before I drove her to the airport today, she said "You really annoyed me last night." She then proceeded to tell me I couldnt be right because she had more one-on-one experience with vets, whereas my talking with friends was possibly inaccurate. Further, my "reading the headlines" wasnt enough to counter her "reading books" about the "war."

In support of my position, I quote to you page 14 of this document
Soldiers in Operation Iraqi Freedom were just as likely to experience receiving incoming artillerym, rocket and mortar fire, receiving small arms fire, being in threatening situations where the couldn't respond due to the ROE...

That document, in one sentence, shows I am correct in my assertion about ROEs, and should be rather credible because it is a Mental Health doc.

Why are women so nuts?...