Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1760936 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #9540 on: November 06, 2011, 03:03:02 pm »
+1 on the exercise thing. In the last couple years, I've dropped like 50+ pounds and 6" of waistline. Starting to feel better about myself. Honestly, a big part of it was the process of "coming out" and being proud of who I am. Who knew?
I've lost an inch or two on my waist from starting weight lifting. Which sucks, because I already don't fit in Western clothes. -_-
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: November 10, 2011, 07:17:42 pm »
@iago, sorry if this is too personal, but "coming out"?

@deadly, western clothes?  like...wranglers & shit?  You aint shopping properly, then.  "western" clothes, from what I've found, have the best selection of sizes.  small waist + tall to fat + short.

@me, I'm up to a 36" waist :(.  When I started college I was a 28-29.  Around 2008 I started to put on fat :(...weird, cuz thats when I first went to the gym.  Then I stopped gym, drank, and the weight REALLY packed on.  I'm now 5'10" and 170lbs.  I dislike.

Side note:  I'm house/animal sitting for Dani.  This neighborhood is shit, and domestic dispute are so common next door that I dont call the cops.  last Friday there was a fire truck and ambulance next door.  This friday, I heard yelling outside, so I checked out the window and noticed the dispute was actually across the street...it was a hispanic couple.  She was pushing him and yelling.  I looked down to dial 911, and when I looked back up, I saw her on the ground.  She eventually got back up and he was all "aww sorry" looking and she was leaning against the wall of a house (not their house, cuz that house has been for sale since July 2010 or earlier).  she couldnt walk well.  I called for this dispute cuz I care.  The next door people are scum white trash that hopefully kill each other off/OD (rapists, murders, drug dealers, etc are next door - I'm glad I no longer live here).  I figured I'd walk out (mediate it/break it up/whatever), but I saw them getting all apology-like to each other, so I figured the cops could handle it.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: November 10, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »
@deadly, western clothes?  like...wranglers & shit?  You aint shopping properly, then.  "western" clothes, from what I've found, have the best selection of sizes.  small waist + tall to fat + short.
Clothes sized for Americans, sorry.
Unless you're: short and stout, tall, or anywhere in between, you won't fit without getting stuff tailored down.
To date, I've found *ONE* pair of jeans in my life that I can wear without a belt holding them up, and they were raw denim.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: November 10, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »
I'm apparently horribly ignorant.  WhereTF are you?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9544 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:34 pm »
@iago, sorry if this is too personal, but "coming out"?
Did you miss the memo? :)

also, nothing's too personal!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9545 on: November 11, 2011, 11:45:04 pm »
Who's gonna be in or around SF in late December / early January?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:04 pm »
also, nothing's too personal!

I know this is sort of a figure of a speech, but still....  really? nothing at all? :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: November 12, 2011, 01:51:19 pm »
Wouldn't matter. Clothes proportionally sized for a 5'5" person don't exist, unless he's got a huge waist. Contrastingly, in Asian countries where the average height is closer to mine, I can find stuff that actually fits.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9548 on: November 12, 2011, 02:51:07 pm »
Wouldn't matter. Clothes proportionally sized for a 5'5" person don't exist, unless he's got a huge waist. Contrastingly, in Asian countries where the average height is closer to mine, I can find stuff that actually fits.
shop at abercrombie. their clothes are pretty much designed for azns.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: November 12, 2011, 07:22:55 pm »
I don't know, I might as well custom design a tee-shirt that says "DOUCHE" in big letters and wear that instead. Amounts to the same thing, but would be cheaper...

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9550 on: November 12, 2011, 07:36:49 pm »
I don't know, I might as well custom design a tee-shirt that says "DOUCHE" in big letters and wear that instead. Amounts to the same thing, but would be cheaper...

At least it'd fit? I thought that's what you were worried about. ;)

This nonsense about abercrombie => douche sort of confuses me. The quality of their clothing is significantly higher. So is the cost. Get stuff on clearance, and you no longer have to worry about the cost.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: November 12, 2011, 08:18:44 pm »
This nonsense about abercrombie => douche sort of confuses me. The quality of their clothing is significantly higher. So is the cost. Get stuff on clearance, and you no longer have to worry about the cost.
Significantly higher than what? I can assure you any brands I buy wouldn't be on that list.

Also, any shirt that's plastered with the company's name in size 80 font screams "douche bro" to me. Then again, I've stopped finding t-shirts appealing.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9552 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:53 pm »
Significantly higher than what? I can assure you any brands I buy wouldn't be on that list.

Also, any shirt that's plastered with the company's name in size 80 font screams "douche bro" to me. Then again, I've stopped finding t-shirts appealing.

Mostly everything I've tried? Abercrombie isn't the best quality, but it's certainly above average. I'd never buy something at full price there; that'd be ridiculous.

Then don't buy a shirt that has the name plastered on it. They have plenty of clothing with no mention of their name (although they usually have the moose on them. i happen to like moose, so that's a plus for me :) ).

I don't really care, honestly. I'm just sort of irked when people say something like THAT STORE IS FOR DOUCHES MAN

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: November 12, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »
Then don't buy a shirt that has the name plastered on it. They have plenty of clothing with no mention of their name (although they usually have the moose on them. i happen to like moose, so that's a plus for me :) ).
Even after the moose wrecked your mom's car? Really? You should hate moose; unless, of course, the moose is of the peppered jerky variety.

For shirts, I tend to shop JC Penney or Macy's. They have a fairly good variety, and the sales can be amazing (80-90% off). I've never seen quite those sales at American Eagle or Abercrombie. I also have fond memories of the JC Penney mother-store.
errr... something like that...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:27 pm »
Mostly everything I've tried? Abercrombie isn't the best quality, but it's certainly above average. I'd never buy something at full price there; that'd be ridiculous.
Fair enough. I don't really go to Abercrombie, Express, etc. anymore so I liken them all to each other. Slowly phasing out the stuff I bought from there with nicer things I find at Saks, Neiman Marcus, certain online retailers, etc.

The only clothes I remember seeing were on bros with bigass Abercrombie text on them. Heh. I'm sure I've met people that wear other A&F clothing, but I don't remember.

I don't really care, honestly. I'm just sort of irked when people say something like THAT STORE IS FOR DOUCHES MAN
SIDOHS TURNED INTO A DOUCHE BRO, GOTTA DEFEND HIS OWN KIND!

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed