Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1762052 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #585 on: August 06, 2006, 04:28:56 pm »
Her reasoning: 1) she wanted to see what it would be like and 2) her friend asked her to steal the earrings for her but she said no, so Scarlett said to at least take something for herself. Lauren returned to the stoor 2 times and says she wanted to put the pair of earrings back but didn't want Scarlett to think she was "funky." The made me upset too, damn peer pressure.

I envy you. She lied, which means if she'd lie about something this useless who knows what she'd lie about? Other boyfriends?

I would have done the exact same thing as you.

If we had karma, you'd get a much deserved +1.

I had to go to work sick yesterday, which was no fun at all. I'm completely out of energy and missed a staff meeting because of 6 hours of kitchen bussing. Trust me, it may look easy, but 6 hours of the same crap is tiring and energy consuming in the end.

My boss didn't give a shit that I was sick, and the 2 people that could cover for me refused to cover for me. One person's reasoning was "i am a bad kitchen busser."

Well, tough shit for my boss. As of this Tuesday (I get to kitchen bus) I am quitting. I plan to work Friday (since I get tipped) but I refuse to go in the day after, since I hate kitchen bussing and no one wants to help me out. I mean, I have to quit anyway since I am going home in a week or so, but this just pushes the logic of quitting even if I had decided to stay (which I wouldn't). I mean, if I can't get anybody to cover for me when I am not feeling well, what if something important comes up and no one will cover me? I refuse to work with fuckholes.

As much as I hate lying (and I never lied once during the interview, he just forgot to ask if I was staying. I said I moved out here (and 3 months out here is temporarily moving), and I am moving back. He didn't even ask what school I was going to. He just asked if I was a junior.) I think I am gonna say I am moving Saturday, so if he wants me to work Friday I can but there's no way I can work Saturday. I just don't want to work the fucking kitchen on Saturday. :P

And if he gives me shit about "2 week notice", I'll simply state if I knew about it 2 weeks ago I would have told him. In the end, I refuse to work in an establishment with fellow employees who are not willing to cover for me, yet expect me to cover for them.

EDIT -- Turns out my account does not generate interest. Maybe I'll set up a savings account... they waive all monthly fees if you put $300 in it. And you can easily move money from that into a checking account (which my card is linked to) so eh? :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:59:36 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

« Reply #586 on: August 06, 2006, 06:23:56 pm »
Woooo, big news.

I was still mad at Lauren and I finally told my mom about it to make sure I hadn't overreacted. Well, my mom was in a similar situation when she was younger (only her friend stole something but the store STRIP searched them both) and she wanted to tell Lauren that story and what could have happened. I went to Laurens house and asked her mom if she could come over my house for a few minutes (to avoid Lauren saying no) so Lauren had to listen to that. Then I take her home and shes like "I want to go to the mall." Well, we go and she leaves the earrings she stole and the two she bought in the store and leaves. We get back to her house and I tell her that I want her to tell her mom about what she did. She's against it but agrees that it'd be for the best...but she was worried she wouldn't be able to see me anymore. Well, that's not the case. Her mom called me and thanked me for how I handled everything. She told Lauren that she didn't deserve me and that I was on a moral high ground. As of now Lauren has not been punished, but last night her parents went to a birthday party so...

BUT: Lauren's mom told me that Scarlett is never allowed back in their house, nor is Lauren ever allowed at Scarletts. I severely dislike Scarlett so this is good for me. Lauren told me that even though she will eventually miss Scarlett...she decided to not be her friend (not sure how true this is) anymore. Which is good. Scarletts old best friend, Calli (picture posted somewhere), and Scarlett had a big falling out at the start of the school year...and Scarlett basically turned Lauren against her (but now they don't dislike each other since I'm bestfriends with Callis boyfriend and all.) But I explained to Lauren that Scarlett will turn whoever her next bestfriend is against Lauren, and she agreed with me though she said she doesn't WANT to beleive it...but she knows its true.

==================================================

So then at work last night I was working a banquet and I was taking soda over to another building. Well, I got out of the work van and forgot to put it in park and it started rolling forward toward the building, so I reached backed in and attempted to put it in park, well it went into reverse and it backed over my foot. It brought me down and my left leg was pinned under the tire and my right leg scraped along the ground...and my left hip scraped on the undercarriage. I was able to push the brake with my  hand though. Well, I continued what I was doing but then it started to hurt. The owner of the hotels son was an EMT and he treated me. I couldn't get in touch with my parents so I went to Laurens house since its really close to my work..and I ended up staying the night. Lauren and I aren't fighting anymore although she acknowledges I won't fully trust her again. I went to the hospital today, although it hurt way bad last night...I was able to walk on it fine today. However, I have a sprain in my lower leg (which is actually where the tire rolled over) and a contusion in my ankle area. Calli made me a whole bunch of brownies.

I also got a new TV for my room (yay no tax weekend) and a Laptop yesterday.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2006, 06:30:02 pm »
She doesn't deserve you. Once a liar, always a liar. That's my take on it.

Your choice, really; personally, I'da moved on. I can see falling to peer pressure (some choices I've made were because of it) but at least I am honest about it. Piracy, trying pot, drinking, etc.. If people wanna get mad and stop being your friend or whatever, because of the choices you've made, they aren't good friends in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:32:00 pm by Newby »
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2006, 07:23:45 pm »
If people wanna get mad and stop being your friend or whatever, because of the choices you've made, they aren't good friends in the first place.

Aren't you suggesting that he do just that?

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2006, 07:40:35 pm »
Newby: The point of leaving 2 weeks notice is so that they have the time to find someone new to replace you. If you leave them up shit creek, they'll do the same when you want another job and need them to put in a good word. It's worth it not to burn bridges.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2006, 08:51:50 pm »
If people wanna get mad and stop being your friend or whatever, because of the choices you've made, they aren't good friends in the first place.

Aren't you suggesting that he do just that?

No. She blatantly lied to him more than once before fessing up. If she was upfront and honest about it in the first place he'd be fine.

Newby: The point of leaving 2 weeks notice is so that they have the time to find someone new to replace you. If you leave them up shit creek, they'll do the same when you want another job and need them to put in a good word. It's worth it not to burn bridges.

Gee, when I apply to another job, suddenly I find myself having not have worked there and not putting them down as a recommendation. Unless it is in the restaurant business, in which case I'll put it down.

Besides, I only take three slots in the schedule. Two of them can be worked by the guy who works the other 5, and if he can't fill both of them one of the spoiler bussers in the front can take a kitchen shift for a change.

And the one up front pays $50 easy, so anyone that wants $ will take it.

On second thought, I *could* say "I will be back during winter, spring, and summer break, so when I am in town I can call you and take some shifts if you'd like." which would avoid me quitting and I could make some money during break. But odds are that wouldn't fly and he'd just say "I have to fire you" or something, which means I couldn't have the satisfaction of quitting. :(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 10:37:34 pm by Newby »
- Newby

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2006, 10:07:27 pm »
2 Fridays ago, day before we go backpacking, my $180 sunglasses break (they were a combination of gift certificates) so I called Oakley about getting them fixed, 2-3 weeks.  I called Cabelas about exchanging them, 2-3 weeks.  BUT, they said I could just order a new pair ($180 charged to my credit card) & then return the old broken ones.
COOL!

I got the new ones saturday & over the weekend I got everything ready to send away the broken ones.  Didnt have time monday (with getting ready & all) to send them away so I just left the box & everything in my room.
Today the trash got taken.  Guess what was in the trash?...my box with my $180 sunglasses to return :(

trust

« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2006, 10:49:06 pm »
Ouch that sucks CrAz3D, sorry about that.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2006, 10:56:26 pm »
Worst part is that I got mad (didnt say anything mean or whatever) but just my mom seeing me mad that I lost $200 cause she threw it away got her sad...now I feel mad + horrible.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2006, 11:47:46 pm »
I'm positive it's not tha value of the earings that bothered him... it's the concept. I hope you're able to see that...

I understand where he's coming from, but I myself don't have a problem with screwing major companies out of a few dollars. :)

On a side note, are you going to change your name to OG Sidoh now? You're spelling words like "the" with an accent ("tha").
I think its more that she lied to him...not that she stole (although that's f'd too)

once lies start they just start to grow & snowball...

trust, sounds like things were rocky in the past few weeks, hopefully you have a clean break up (swift, no mess, dont have to keep dealing with it)

Not true. If you address it and place emphasis on how important it is to you in a relationship, then more than likely, if the other person respects you enough, they'll oblige and respect your wishes. Of course, the agreement has to be mutual.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2006, 11:54:56 pm »
She doesn't deserve you. Once a liar, always a liar. That's my take on it.

Your choice, really; personally, I'da moved on. I can see falling to peer pressure (some choices I've made were because of it) but at least I am honest about it. Piracy, trying pot, drinking, etc.. If people wanna get mad and stop being your friend or whatever, because of the choices you've made, they aren't good friends in the first place.

So based on your logic, we are all liars seeing as to how we've all lied at some point in our lives.

The fact is that she told the truth even if it did take some nagging. Her conscience must have been killing her enough, and by Trust actually getting his mom to talk to Lauren, I would think it had an effect on her. From what Trust wrote, it seems like she did take it pretty hard on herself, and she is trying to make amends.

Personally, I respect it more that she is owning up to her mistake(s).
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 07, 2006, 12:01:18 am »
It is nice she owns up to her mistakes, but still, the question begs: when can you trust her ever again?
- Newby

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 07, 2006, 12:17:44 am »
It is nice she owns up to her mistakes, but still, the question begs: when can you trust her ever again?
it was somewhat of a small lie...not like she lied to you about sleeping with some other guy.  I'm sure its "get over-able" eventually

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:15 am »

Have faith in her. If you think so little of her, then every action of hers that you observe will seem like a deceitful one.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 07, 2006, 01:39:50 am »
it was somewhat of a small lie...not like she lied to you about sleeping with some other guy.  I'm sure its "get over-able" eventually

I'm not saying it isn't hard to get over.

But if she was scared enough to lie about something that small, and refused to admit it after repeated accusations, just imagine something on a larger scale... she'd never admit it!

Perhaps Trust nipped this problem before it exploded into something worse. That's always a chance. If he hadn't have "punished" her like he did, she may think it was OK to lie and would continue to do so.

I dunno, though.
- Newby