Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1768616 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #900 on: October 04, 2006, 11:51:14 pm »
I bought a suit today!
And shoes!

I need to find a nice shirt & tie to go with my black/grey pinstriped suit.

I've spent $560? today...ouch, still need tie & shirt

trust

« Reply #901 on: October 05, 2006, 07:30:09 am »
The Vineyard Vines Stars and Stripes tie is nice.

Link

I'm guessing this is for your political endeavors, so that red one would be really nice. (I have it.)

You could also get the little GOP Elephant

Then again, $65 in my opinion is expensive for a tie, but I like ties and I plan on keeping and wearing them for a long time so I'm willing to pay that, and afaik the ones I said are handmade in America which is a plus. Plus they're professional and fun at the same time, and not too common.

Edit: Oh, and suprisingly enough T.J. Maxx if you have one near you (or a simple type of overstocked store) has some really nice ties sometimes. I've heard of finding Brooks Brothers there as well as the usual stock of Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, I have a nice DKNY tie from there that I really like too. They have dress shirts too (Tommy, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, and I think some of the Trump collection.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:56:17 am by OG Trust »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 05, 2006, 09:57:56 am »
shirt is more what I'm worrying about...I think I'd look odd in a suit & tie...no shirt ;)

I've found so few shirts so far, too :(

trust

« Reply #903 on: October 05, 2006, 08:12:31 pm »
You're probably better off ordering online.

trust

« Reply #904 on: October 05, 2006, 11:14:47 pm »
Wow, today was pretty darn good. I got some stuff from Hampden-Sydney College, which I applied Early Decision to. Note that I won't know if I was accepted until mid-December, and the deadline is November 15th. Well, anyway, they sent my parents a financial aid packet of information and they sent me some stuff consisting of: a letter from the dean thanking me for my interest, she wrote a little note at the  bottom of the one to my parents that said "We are so pleased with Matthew's interest." The underlined part was underlined in red. Then on the letter to me she also wrote a note on the bottom and part of the back, which read:

"Matthew, thank you for submitting such a well done essay about the influence that President Bush has had on your life. You have a depth of understanding that is rare for your age. All good wishes as you continue your senior year at Granby!"

They also sent me a poster, which can be seen here, along with two Sydney stickers I already had (the one with their Latin motto and the HSC oval, and you can se my Laura Bush autograph.)

And, what really interests me is: They sent me an academic course selection book. Not just a book of majors, an actual course book. Why would they send me one of those if they weren't seriously considering accepting me? I'm going to write her  letter thinking her for her kind words and such. I'm really excited, I think this looks really good for me.

Opinions?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 07, 2006, 01:49:12 am »
They want your parents' money.

trust

« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2006, 02:03:49 am »
They want your parents' money.

What? How do you gather that?

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2006, 02:41:09 am »
From what I know, the largest barrier to going to Hampden-Sydney is financial, not academic: it's academically more difficult to get into state schools like UVa.  Since you probably exceed the rather low academic requirements, HS will continuously flatter both you and your parents for money -- before you go there (in hope of receiving your future tuition payments), while you're attending, and after you've graduated.  Of course they will only directly ask for money in the latter two situations.

And yes, you'll get in; I'm 95% sure.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 02:43:28 am by Rule »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2006, 05:09:56 am »
Yay for my laptop being back & being fixed!

Boo for my mind still not being where it should be in regards to girls...

trust

« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2006, 10:23:26 am »
From what I know, the largest barrier to going to Hampden-Sydney is financial, not academic: it's academically more difficult to get into state schools like UVa.  Since you probably exceed the rather low academic requirements, HS will continuously flatter both you and your parents for money -- before you go there (in hope of receiving your future tuition payments), while you're attending, and after you've graduated.  Of course they will only directly ask for money in the latter two situations.

And yes, you'll get in; I'm 95% sure.

I hope I get in. I don't meet the academic requirements for the state schools.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2006, 12:36:59 pm »
Yay for my laptop being back & being fixed!
In regards to my previous post about my laptop, FUCK YOU BESTBUY YOU DIRTY POS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD!
So when I put my laptop down lastnight I noticed that the left front felt odd...so I looked & part of it is crack & all out of whack!
DIRTY MOTHER FUCKERS!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 08, 2006, 12:48:55 pm »
oooh hey.

so last night, uh, yeah.
We at a friends (with friends, obviously) partying it up.  I invite over a girl I've been talking to recently (I dated her end of my senior year for a bit, then I broke it off uncool like, bad me:(), we all party on.  Her & I end up outside having fun in the drizzling rain, yay for that.
I spose she isn't mad anymore ;)

My black friend "got his booze and a white girl"...LOL!  Well, I found it funny that he said that.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #912 on: October 10, 2006, 08:01:58 am »
W0rd, I get cell phone signal at my desk at 7AM. Must be magnetic interference or something that makes me not get it in the afternoon.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 10, 2006, 09:24:50 am »
I just took my Dodge Durrango in for an oil change. It should be ready this afternoon sometime.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 10, 2006, 05:27:33 pm »
I just took my Dodge Durrango in for an oil change. It should be ready this afternoon sometime.
I should get my oil changed in my Accord...it was supposed to be done Nov 2004, before I bought my truck (Nov 22nd, 2004...8pm-ish).