Author Topic: Let's hear it!  (Read 1761932 times)

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
Re: Let's hear it!
« Reply #1005 on: November 18, 2006, 07:44:20 pm »
Over the semester I've been using a yo yo as a stress reliever while doing difficult homework and assignments.  The one I have is a fixed axle modified design (this means, its a cross between imperial and butterfly) and its only useful for throwing and catching ... it does not sleep.  I've got pretty good at it ... I can even throw the yo yo, up, down, and horizontally.  Last week I decided to get a real trick yoyo and ordered a Spintastics Tornado 2 which has a modified design and a ball bearing for sleeping.  Anyways, I just got it today and I am so excited.  It's so mesmerizing to play with ... I learned how to do rock the cradle ... maybe next semester with more frustration I will be a master at most of the tricks.

An adorable giant isopod!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: November 18, 2006, 08:09:33 pm »
Third grade I got an obsession with yo-yos. I got really good with mine.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 18, 2006, 11:47:51 pm »
Woot. I finally convinced my parents to buy me insurance. :)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 18, 2006, 11:58:49 pm »
Woot. I finally convinced my parents to buy me insurance. :)

They were letting you drive without it? That's pretty fuckin' nuts.

Hell, I am already under my parents' insurance. If I get in an accident (and it gets reported) I have to buy my own. :)

(At which point, I'm buying a bicycle.)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 19, 2006, 03:26:51 pm »
wow, im surprised I didnt post here last night.

I was drinking 1pm-12am.  ... trashed 3-6, 9-1230 ... rest was buzzed

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 19, 2006, 05:29:04 pm »
Over the semester I've been using a yo yo as a stress reliever while doing difficult homework and assignments.  The one I have is a fixed axle modified design (this means, its a cross between imperial and butterfly) and its only useful for throwing and catching ... it does not sleep.  I've got pretty good at it ... I can even throw the yo yo, up, down, and horizontally.  Last week I decided to get a real trick yoyo and ordered a Spintastics Tornado 2 which has a modified design and a ball bearing for sleeping.  Anyways, I just got it today and I am so excited.  It's so mesmerizing to play with ... I learned how to do rock the cradle ... maybe next semester with more frustration I will be a master at most of the tricks.

I found my old yo-yo a week or so ago and was using it for a bit

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 19, 2006, 07:31:52 pm »
So I've been working four weeks now.. and no paycheck yet. I talked to the manager and the Kroger Headquarters apparently messed up. He gave me a cash advance, meaning, instead of a check, I get actual cash. So, when I do get a paycheck [two weeks from now], he's going to minus how much I got from the check. He did a rough estimate of 40 hours x 6.50, which equals 260. Because of taxes, I got roughly $171. I never expected taxes to be so freaking much.

Anyways, I'm still happy. I've never held a $100 bill before.  :D

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 19, 2006, 07:34:05 pm »
Ah... our skip is growin' up so fast.
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #1013 on: November 19, 2006, 07:39:32 pm »
So I've been working four weeks now.. and no paycheck yet. I talked to the manager and the Kroger Headquarters apparently messed up. He gave me a cash advance, meaning, instead of a check, I get actual cash. So, when I do get a paycheck [two weeks from now], he's going to minus how much I got from the check. He did a rough estimate of 40 hours x 6.50, which equals 260. Because of taxes, I got roughly $171. I never expected taxes to be so freaking much.

It's probably due to how you filed your taxes. You'll probably get a large return check.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 19, 2006, 09:01:16 pm »

It's probably due to how you filed your taxes. You'll probably get a large return check.

No, I had a choice while filling out my application of whether to: receive more money now and less during tax returns or receive less money now and more during tax returns. Of course, I chose more money now.  ;)

Anyways, this Friday is Black Friday, I'll probably spend about $100 of it.
Have you guys heard of Black Friday? I've asked a couple of people and they seemed unfamiliar with it.

I'm opening a checking account tomorrow at Chase! I get $50 deposit into my account when I open up a checking account. Yay! :).

trust

« Reply #1015 on: November 19, 2006, 09:07:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure every American knows what black friday is. Maybe not by that name, but they'll recognize the day after Thanksgiving as being when all of the hot items they have surpluses of go on drastic sales. I'm camping out with my friend so he can get a camera. I don't know if I'm going to get anything yet.

On my taxes I did it where I get more money now too, and on my paycheck I only have ever paid social security and medicare. No other taxes, so thus I usually only have like $20 taken out. I don't know if this is an error on my part, my companies part, the IRS, or none at all. My mom said it's fine and that she has people at her work who have taxes like that and the worst that can happen is that I'll have to pay the difference in the Spring. No big.

Is that for 1 or 2 weeks? For two weeks that is a really small check, you should ask for some more hours.

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 19, 2006, 09:27:45 pm »
I'm pretty sure every American knows what black friday is. Maybe not by that name, but they'll recognize the day after Thanksgiving as being when all of the hot items they have surpluses of go on drastic sales. I'm camping out with my friend so he can get a camera. I don't know if I'm going to get anything yet.

On my taxes I did it where I get more money now too, and on my paycheck I only have ever paid social security and medicare. No other taxes, so thus I usually only have like $20 taken out. I don't know if this is an error on my part, my companies part, the IRS, or none at all. My mom said it's fine and that she has people at her work who have taxes like that and the worst that can happen is that I'll have to pay the difference in the Spring. No big.

Is that for 1 or 2 weeks? For two weeks that is a really small check, you should ask for some more hours.

Oh, I see. I'm thinking of setting up a wireless network in my house. I'm also wanting to buy myself a camera  :P.

Huh, that's odd. I have to pay medicare (side question: with medicare, they only pay for when I get hurt on the job? They don't pay for things like regular doctor appointments, dental, or eye care?), Union (side question: what are the benefits of being in the Union anyway?), social security, and income taxes.

The majority of the reason I wanted to get a job was for hangout money. I constantly ask my parents for money and I feel bad. If I work too much, I won't ever have time to hangout. These past weeks, I've been working all day Saturday [9 hour shifts; my employer apparently doesn't abide by the minor laws] and Sundays. I already feel like I'm wasting my life away.
This is for three weeks. But remember, I probably worked 40-50ish hours, but he wasn't entirely sure about how much I worked, so I told him 40 hours. I didn't want to tell him too many hours, then when I do get a paycheck, I'd have to pay him money.

trust

« Reply #1017 on: November 19, 2006, 10:30:39 pm »
Medicare doesn't go to you, unless you're over 65 anyway. If you get hurt on the job that'd be workers compensation. I don't know what benefits kroger has.

Unions suck, they're just ways for liberals to get more money out of hardworking people. They were good 100 years ago, but I don't see a point now. They're supposed to fight for better workign conditions and wages and stuff.

Don't let the job take over your life though; mine has and it sucks. My paychecks can be large, but I am always working.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:32:42 pm by OG Trust »

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 20, 2006, 01:25:09 pm »
Don't let the job take over your life though; mine has and it sucks. My paychecks can be large, but I am always working.

Wait until you have to pay tuition.  That's when everything kicks up, and your time to hang out is reduced significantly.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 20, 2006, 02:21:53 pm »

Wait until you have to pay tuition.  That's when everything kicks up, and your time to hang out is reduced significantly.
Yay New Mexico lottery scholarships.  I heart our little system for NM Universities when you graduated from a NM highschool.

During law school I plan to just take out a lot of student loans and graduate with the average of $65k of debt,  I dont want to push myself too much and have my grades drop or something