Author Topic: Foolproof -- Wow!  (Read 3339 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Foolproof -- Wow!
« on: November 06, 2005, 03:10:47 am »
I was flipping through channels, and found a movie on called Foolproof.  Since I had nothing better to do, and the description made it sound all right, I decided to watch it.  And I have to say, I was very VERY impressed.  It's one of the best movies I've ever seen. 

The story begins with 3 friends who plan robberies together.  They will case a store/building, find all the security systems, do all the preperations, and attempt a fake break-in (using equivalent technology, and timers for guard patrols and stuff, but at another location).  However, they end up being forced to plan and commit a real robbery. 

The way the story unfolds, and the way the characters develop, was very impressive.  From the beginning right to the end, I was glued to the TV. 

At one point, they showed an envelope full of money.  I was thinking to myself, "Those look like Canadian $100 bills...." so I looked it up and, sure enough, it's a Canadian movie.  I feel so proud today! :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Foolproof -- Wow!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 11:38:49 am »
"I love the one where you tried to figure out how to pinch the Stanley Cup. It's very... Canadian." --  I'm going to have to buy this movie.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 12:58:51 pm »
Sounds good, I'll check if I have it around.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 01:26:58 pm »
"I love the one where you tried to figure out how to pinch the Stanley Cup. It's very... Canadian." --  I'm going to have to buy this movie.
Haha, yeah, I laughed out loud when they said that.  My mom came awhile later and asked if I was watching a comedy, "What's so funny?"

I really loved the way it ended, too, and I loved the way they built tension between the main characters.  Next time I go to the store I'm going to buy it. :)

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 05:44:21 pm »
It's checked out at my local movie store, I'll rent it when I see it in there. <3 iago. Thanks for the tip.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 05:36:32 pm »
I bought it today; cad$18 (that's around $14 for you Americans).  Hooray for cheap Canadian movies :)

I went to 2 HMVs, and a CDPlus, then finally found it as Best Buy.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 06:39:27 pm »
I bought it today; cad$18 (that's around $14 for you Americans).  Hooray for cheap Canadian movies :)

I went to 2 HMVs, and a CDPlus, then finally found it as Best Buy.
Thats what you get for not phoning ahead!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 10:54:30 pm »
Well, they're all on my bikeride home from school.  It's a long ride.  There was still a Future Shop and 2 Wal Marts and a couple other stores :)

Btw, I was going to say, I'd rip it and post it somewhere privately, but we all need to support Canadian movies more, so I'm not going to:P