Author Topic: Gaming Online -- Another Idea  (Read 2756 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Gaming Online -- Another Idea
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:07:34 am »
I had a thought today. 

What about a forum-based mission?  Combats would be difficult, and may require real-time, but story development can be done on a forum thread/board.  It's like the chess-by-mail-style of game, and might be interesting.  If we have lots of time, people might put more thought into the conversations with NPCs and the actions they take. 

It would be in addition to the online game I already discussed, though, not instead of it. 

Offline Sidoh

• MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Gaming Online -- Another Idea
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:48:08 pm »
I had a thought today. 

What about a forum-based mission?  Combats would be difficult, and may require real-time, but story development can be done on a forum thread/board.  It's like the chess-by-mail-style of game, and might be interesting.  If we have lots of time, people might put more thought into the conversations with NPCs and the actions they take. 

It would be in addition to the online game I already discussed, though, not instead of it. 

Hmm, that actually sounds like a pretty good idea.  Like you said, though, I think combat would be too difficult/slow to bare with.  I think it would be an awesome way to develop a background story, though! :)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Online -- Another Idea
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 05:08:26 pm »
that is actually a great idea. I like the idea that we will have time to plan out our actions and take it slow.