Author Topic: XBox 360 + eBay + morons = $$$  (Read 15500 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: XBox 360 + eBay + morons = $$$
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2005, 02:08:23 am »
So what, the buyer should learn to read. If it was me I would have spent his damn money already. Nothing wrong with it, I mean I AM auctioning a legal PHOTO and I DO start the bid low, if it goes high it isn't my fault.

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2005, 03:04:48 am »
Wow, you're not that deep, are you? Just because you didn't legally steal something, doesn't mean you didn't still steal it in that same sense.

Ooohhh, insults. I'm getting all hot.

Theft (also known as stealing) is, in general, the wrongful taking of someone else's property without that person's willful consent. In law, it is usually the broadest term for a crime against property. It is a general term that encompasses offences such as burglary, embezzlement, larceny, looting, robbery, trespassing, shoplifting, intrusion, fraud (theft by deception), and sometimes criminal conversion. Legally, theft is generally considered to be synonymous with larceny.

So, in your world, stealing has a diffrent meaning? Well, I'd like to inform you that we don't live in your world. We live in that thing called 'reality' and in reality the definition stated above holds true.

Like Warrior said, people are selling pictures. Legally. People are also selling them for a low price, which disproves any intent you had to scam them. How is it stealing when someone bids $600 on said pictures? That's right, it's not

Italics catchs your eye. ITALICS.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2005, 08:41:32 am »
Wow, you're not that deep, are you? Just because you didn't legally steal something, doesn't mean you didn't still steal it in that same sense.

Ooohhh, insults. I'm getting all hot.
How is that an insult?
Theft (also known as stealing) is, in general, the wrongful taking of someone else's property without that person's willful consent. In law, it is usually the broadest term for a crime against property. It is a general term that encompasses offences such as burglary, embezzlement, larceny, looting, robbery, trespassing, shoplifting, intrusion, fraud (theft by deception), and sometimes criminal conversion. Legally, theft is generally considered to be synonymous with larceny.

So, in your world, stealing has a diffrent meaning? Well, I'd like to inform you that we don't live in your world. We live in that thing called 'reality' and in reality the definition stated above holds true.

Like Warrior said, people are selling pictures. Legally. People are also selling them for a low price, which disproves any intent you had to scam them. How is it stealing when someone bids $600 on said pictures? That's right, it's not

Italics catchs your eye. ITALICS.
Theft (also known as stealing) is, in general, the wrongful taking of someone else's property
That's what I meant by it being stealing in the same sense, but for now on, I'll just say "wrongfully taking their money" just becuase you refused to think about what I meant. You're wrongfully taking their money, and you don't deserve it as well. Happy?
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline TheSickEmpire

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2005, 04:49:41 am »
That's what I meant by it being stealing in the same sense, but for now on, I'll just say "wrongfully taking their money" just becuase you refused to think about what I meant. You're wrongfully taking their money, and you don't deserve it as well. Happy?

There's no two 'senses' of stealing, also your 'new' definition is still wrong.

Theft (also known as stealing) is, in general, the wrongful taking of someone else's property

k

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2005, 08:37:40 am »

There's no two 'senses' of stealing
...Wow, are you kidding me? I made a connection between what was going on here and the definition of stealing, and what I meant by "in the same sense" is that something similar here is going on. You're wrongfully taking something.

also your 'new' definition is still wrong.

k
...I never said that was my definition, learn how to read. I've tried to explain many many times, but you're just playing dumb so just drop it. If you actually read properly you would notice that this is what I was trying to say: You're wrongfully taking their money, and you don't deserve it as well. Happy?

Also, don't come back saying that it's not in the same 'sense' again, I honestly don't care about that and never did. The point I was trying to make is in bold and above me, and everyone else but you understood it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2005, 01:18:50 pm »
Alright, this is starting to get out of hand.  Take it elsewhere, please.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2005, 02:34:08 pm »

...Wow, are you kidding me? I made a connection between what was going on here and the definition of stealing, and what I meant by "in the same sense" is that something similar here is going on. You're wrongfully taking something.

k
...I never said that was my definition, learn how to read. I've tried to explain many many times, but you're just playing dumb so just drop it. If you actually read properly you would notice that this is what I was trying to say: You're wrongfully taking their money, and you don't deserve it as well. Happy?

Also, don't come back saying that it's not in the same 'sense' again, I honestly don't care about that and never did. The point I was trying to make is in bold and above me, and everyone else but you understood it.

Where did you get that definition from bro?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 03:44:32 pm »
If it isn't theft then it isn't theft. Theres nothing dishonorable about selling stuff on ebay.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 04:51:15 pm »

k

Where did you get that definition from bro?
Wow. I'm done.