Author Topic: Rain sucks  (Read 2189 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Rain sucks
« on: January 03, 2006, 08:41:39 pm »
Well, it rained all day today, and all day yesterday.  The result?  Half of my bus route was flooded and the rail lines were fucked (more later).  It took 2.5 hours to get home.  On public transit.  Arg?  Indeed.  Some unruly passengers just happened to be riding today, and they got quite belligerant when the bus driver told them they couldn't get off into a street flooded about a foot.  The morons fought with him, but they lost.  One guy went as far as saying "my house is right over there", even though he didn't get off for a few more miles ("got"...well, the driver kicked him off for being a dick, which made my day).

If any of you live in a place that occasionally gets flooding, and has rail lines, you might have noticed that flooded rails cause the barries to drop and the lights to flash.  We waited at a crossing for 20 minutes waiting for a fucking train or someone ahead of us to move so we could turn around.  I despise crossing the rails in the first place, but this was rediculous.

Hrm.

</rant>

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Rain sucks
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:54:14 pm »
Most of our rails are elevated a good bit.

I would've thought that the rail sensors were affected by pressure/weight, not some stupid conection thing.

I like it when it rains here, we need it bad.  Plus its fun to play in the mud w/my trucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 08:57:01 pm »
That's a lot of rain!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 09:48:00 pm »
Most of our rails are elevated a good bit.

I would've thought that the rail sensors were affected by pressure/weight, not some stupid conection thing.

I like it when it rains here, we need it bad.  Plus its fun to play in the mud w/my trucky.
It's not connection, because I've thrown steel rods across the rails plenty, and nothing happened.  It's weird, and only happens with flood waters (snow, etc... doesn't? it's weird) :\

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »
It's not connection, because I've thrown steel rods across the rails plenty, and nothing happened.  It's weird, and only happens with flood waters (snow, etc... doesn't? it's weird) :\

Maybe it's under the rails or something?  Dunno.  It wouldn't make sense if it's not connection under those conditions.  I kind of doubt it's pressure sensing because that seems like it would be subject to more invalid readings than a "complete-the-circuit" type apparatus.