Author Topic: Microsoft Origami  (Read 9819 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Microsoft Origami
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 02:30:58 pm »
But I can use a CTP. Like I said, I could care less if you believe it. "Wait till Vista" :)

That's what I thought.  You can't.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 06:40:59 pm »
What do you mean I cant? It's already hurting Linux, it's obvious with XGL they are just trying to catch up.
Mac will be hurt eventually since it's never been exposed to viruses it is bound to get ripped by them. Although Mac vs Windows will be a collosal fight I'm thinking Windows will come out on top. I'm not trying to convince anyone here, you can continue to believe and hold on to that dieing operating system, come november we will see. :)
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 07:06:54 pm »
What do you mean I cant? It's already hurting Linux, it's obvious with XGL they are just trying to catch up.

Prove it.

Mac will be hurt eventually since it's never been exposed to viruses it is bound to get ripped by them.

They'll get over it.  Macintosh is a multi-billion dolar company too.  They'll figure something out.

Although Mac vs Windows will be a collosal fight I'm thinking Windows will come out on top.

In terms of users and market shares, Windows is already on top.  There's no arugment there.  I don't see what this "fight to the death" you're talking about is going to add up to.  It's an on-going battle.  Vista is simply a new weapon.  It may change some things, but it's not going to end the war.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here

Sure sounds like it to me.

you can continue to believe and hold on to that dieing operating system, come november we will see. :)

It's not dying.  You just think it is.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 07:14:29 pm »

Prove it.

Look at it's development? The reason it was started because they saw what Vista and Mac had..Linux has always been catching up graphics wise.

Mac will be hurt eventually since it's never been exposed to viruses it is bound to get ripped by them.

They'll get over it.  Macintosh is a multi-billion dolar company too.  They'll figure something out.

Nah, they may but Microsoft will have the edge of security on them. Vista is secure and has been exposed the the process of checking code for exploits. Things like NVS (For RSS IE7 feeds to make them nice) and stuff show that they've changed how they think due to security issues in XP. Microsoft has turned their act around and it's going to be costly for others who capitalized on their weaknesses.

Although Mac vs Windows will be a collosal fight I'm thinking Windows will come out on top.

In terms of users and market shares, Windows is already on top.  There's no arugment there.  I don't see what this "fight to the death" you're talking about is going to add up to.  It's an on-going battle.  Vista is simply a new weapon.  It may change some things, but it's not going to end the war.

Never said it was going to end the war, it's battle. Microsoft to me seems well suited and same for Mac.

I'm not trying to convince anyone here

Sure sounds like it to me.
[/quote]

No, as I could care less what you think in the end. You're asking questions and I'm answering them.

you can continue to believe and hold on to that dieing operating system, come november we will see. :)

It's not dying.  You just think it is.

Yes because the fact that the OS as a whole has made little or no progress in 1992 is life right? One step forward two steps backwards.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 07:19:31 pm »
Look at it's development? The reason it was started because they saw what Vista and Mac had..Linux has always been catching up graphics wise.

That's speculation, not proof.

Nah, they may but Microsoft will have the edge of security on them. Vista is secure and has been exposed the the process of checking code for exploits. Things like NVS (For RSS IE7 feeds to make them nice) and stuff show that they've changed how they think due to security issues in XP. Microsoft has turned their act around and it's going to be costly for others who capitalized on their weaknesses.

I don't care.  It doesn't matter.  Apple will survive.

Never said it was going to end the war, it's battle. Microsoft to me seems well suited and same for Mac.

Then why did you bring it up?

No, as I could care less what you think in the end. You're asking questions and I'm answering them.

Your eternal vigilance for Microsoft (even--no, especially--when it doesn't make sense) is enough for me to say that with little room for doubt.

Yes because the fact that the OS as a whole has made little or no progress in 1992 is life right? One step forward two steps backwards.

It's made no progress?  Are you an idiot?

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 07:28:24 pm »

That's speculation, not proof.

Okay because to you the obvious isn't proof. Whatever.

I don't care.  It doesn't matter.  Apple will survive.

Again, whatever now you're just dodging.

Then why did you bring it up?

Because it's going to happen?

Your eternal vigilance for Microsoft (even--no, especially--when it doesn't make sense) is enough for me to say that with little room for doubt.

I'm going to stick to something I like in the good or the bad, I don't jump on bandwagons.

It's made no progress?  Are you an idiot?

No, but it's made no progres.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 07:32:11 pm »

Look up the word "speculation" in a dictionary.  You can think whatever you want.  That doesn't mean I have to think the same thing.

Isn't that the point of an argument?  If you think the release of Vista is going to crush Macintosh/Apple, you're stupid.

* Sidoh bashes his head repeadedly on his desk.

I'm going to stick to something I like in the good or the bad, I don't jump on bandwagons.

You think I use Linux because I jumped on a bandwagon?  Fool.

Way to not read what I said.

http://slackware.com/changelog/current.php?cpu=i386

That's one changelog.  Looks like progress to me.  What would you call that?

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2006, 07:39:22 pm »

Look up the word "speculation" in a dictionary.  You can think whatever you want.  That doesn't mean I have to think the same thing.

You're saying I have no proof how is what you said now even relevant? You're now disregarding obvious proof. I think this is pretty much a lost cause for you.

Isn't that the point of an argument?  If you think the release of Vista is going to crush Macintosh/Apple, you're stupid.

No when you just give up on arguments and reply "Bah I'm done" or "whatever" it's dodging or running from the argument.

* Sidoh bashes his head repeadedly on his desk.

Do it again, may open some eyes. :)

You think I use Linux because I jumped on a bandwagon?  Fool.

I didn't say that, read. Stop pulling things out of your ass.

Way to not read what I said.

http://slackware.com/changelog/current.php?cpu=i386

That's one changelog.  Looks like progress to me.  What would you call that?

What are you talking about I did read.
I'm saying no I'm not an idiot and it still has made no progress..

Now in response to that:
Most are upgrades, recompilations, patches, fixes, blahblah <insert unstable os thing here>

Nothing new.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2006, 07:45:05 pm »
You're saying I have no proof how is what you said now even relevant? You're now disregarding obvious proof. I think this is pretty much a lost cause for you.

Speculation.  There, I did it for you; read the definition.

No when you just give up on arguments and reply "Bah I'm done" or "whatever" it's dodging or running from the argument.

Making an argument that's obviously stupid to anyone who has any sort of societical sense is worse.  There's no point in arguing something like this.  If you want to believe it, that's fine by me.

For that to happen, I'd have to create some prying device which exerts more force than it does to accelerate a tank to light speed.

I'm not pulling things out of my ass.  I'm reading what you said.  You said you didn't jump on a bandwagon.  That seems to be an obvious implication that someone else (since I'm really the only one currently) in the argument did. 

STOP DODGING THE ARGUMENT WARRIOR, GOD.

Now in response to that:
Most are upgrades, recompilations, patches, fixes, blahblah <insert unstable os thing here>

Nothing new.

How are changes not new?  How do you say that the implementation of improved portions of the OS doesn't constitute progress?  I'll ask this again:

Are you stupid?

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 07:52:16 pm »

as a : assumption of unusual business risk in hopes of obtaining commensurate gain b : a transaction involving such speculation

I read it, how does that do you any good? Here I'll link random shit in here too:
Click here to search for common sense

Making an argument that's obviously stupid to anyone who has any sort of societical sense is worse.  There's no point in arguing something like this.  If you want to believe it, that's fine by me.

Hey, I actually follow the news and things that happen. I read more MS and Apple arguments than you could count. I think it's more than what you're giving it credit for. I provided a solid argument and the best you could respond with was "whatever". Face it, you ran out of slick things to say and you're resorting to dodging arguments.

For that to happen, I'd have to create some prying device which exerts more force than it does to accelerate a tank to light speed.

So you just called yourself hopelessly blind? I'll agree there.

I'm not pulling things out of my ass.  I'm reading what you said.  You said you didn't jump on a bandwagon.  That seems to be an obvious implication that someone else (since I'm really the only one currently) in the argument did. 

STOP DODGING THE ARGUMENT WARRIOR, GOD.

You can interpret it however you want. I didn't mean that and you're still trying to push on that I did? Please you should spend your time coming up with smarter responses instead of digging yourself deeper in the dirt.

Now in response to that:

Nothing new.

How are changes not new?  How do you say that the implementation of improved portions of the OS doesn't constitute progress?  I'll ask this again:

Are you stupid?

Not enough progress for 1992-2006[/n]
Look at Microsoft in 1992, then again in 2006..blew them out of the water.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2006, 08:09:33 pm »

as a : assumption of unusual business risk in hopes of obtaining commensurate gain b : a transaction involving such speculation

I read it, how does that do you any good? Here I'll link random shit in here too:

He means you're assuming, you're not providing proof.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 08:15:00 pm »

How the hell is providing evidence assuming? He refuses the accept the evidence.
Not my problem his.

Either way he lost and I think he realized it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 08:34:43 pm »

Alright, thanks for answering my question.  Though implicit, it was answered nonetheless.  You're stupid.  Here's why:

You thinking that Linux is constantly playing a game of catchup with Microsoft is speculation.  Perhaps their advancements are incidental?  Perhaps they're fighting their own war with their own bugs implementing their own features instead of trying to constantly compete with Microsoft?  Sure, they'll add some of the same functionality to their OS, but they're not trying to make it another Windows.

Speculation =/= Proof

Hey, I actually follow the news and things that happen. I read more MS and Apple arguments than you could count. I think it's more than what you're giving it credit for. I provided a solid argument and the best you could respond with was "whatever". Face it, you ran out of slick things to say and you're resorting to dodging arguments.

I'm not resorting to anything, Warrior.  If you can show me some statistic that predicts beyond some shadow of a belief that Apple will fall to Vista, I'll stop this argument.  Until then, there's no point having it.  I'm asking for proof; give it to me.

No.  I'm calling you hopelessly--no, impossibly--blind.

You can interpret it however you want. I didn't mean that and you're still trying to push on that I did? Please you should spend your time coming up with smarter responses instead of digging yourself deeper in the dirt.

How can you possibly not see how I interpreted your post?  I am being intelligent; that's where you're failing.

Then why do webservers still use Linux?  Why do I find my Linux server faster, more efficient, more flexible and more versatile than the exact same machine with Windows software on it?  Microsoft didn't blow Linux out of the water.

E-fucking-xactly.

How the hell is providing evidence assuming? He refuses the accept the evidence.
Not my problem his.

You provided subjective speculation, not proof, for the last time.  I want objective facts.

I didn't lose.

And by the way: retort, please.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 08:37:26 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2006, 12:15:09 am »

Alright, thanks for answering my question.  Though implicit, it was answered nonetheless.  You're stupid.  Here's why:

You thinking that Linux is constantly playing a game of catchup with Microsoft is speculation.  Perhaps their advancements are incidental?  Perhaps they're fighting their own war with their own bugs implementing their own features instead of trying to constantly compete with Microsoft?  Sure, they'll add some of the same functionality to their OS, but they're not trying to make it another Windows.

Then they should stop using XGL when trying to defend their shitty OS. They can't say they arn't trying to compete, they bash it every chance they get it's obviously a competition to them. To us, we just set the bar for them to jump up and try to reach. Only thing is most of the time they reach it with a single hand and act as if they are doing pullups.

I'm not resorting to anything, Warrior.  If you can show me some statistic that predicts beyond some shadow of a belief that Apple will fall to Vista, I'll stop this argument.  Until then, there's no point having it.  I'm asking for proof; give it to me.

How the hell should I be able to get proof for Leapord or Vista when they arn't out? Other than extensive research (and I mean extensive) there is nothing public to base it off. However when you compare Apple, Windows, and Linux it's pretty obvious which two come out in the last round swinging. Apple vs Windows. Technology war? Apple vs Windows. Desktop war? Apple vs Windows. I've stressed it more than enough that when it comes to the desktop, Linux cannot even compete. There just is no room for it. You can ship Ubuntu up the countries ass and they wont run it. Why? Because they will get Vista at a reduced price with 10 times the features and 10 times less complication.

No.  I'm calling you hopelessly--no, impossibly--blind.

So I can't possibly be blind? Thanks.

How can you possibly not see how I interpreted your post?  I am being intelligent; that's where you're failing.

Remember, there is nothing wrong with misinterpretations It's your fault. :)

Then why do webservers still use Linux?  Why do I find my Linux server faster, more efficient, more flexible and more versatile than the exact same machine with Windows software on it?  Microsoft didn't blow Linux out of the water.
[/qupte]

Because Windows is meant to be a desktop OS. Let's go out and ask 10 random people what desktop OS they use? If even two of them use Linux i'll be amazed.

E-fucking-xactly.

Not my problem his.

You provided subjective speculation, not proof, for the last time.  I want objective facts.

I didn't lose.

I don't know if you're just retarded or if you're just stupid. If you can't see how obvious it is they are playing catchup (note you even admitted it above) then you're just being an idiot for the sake of argument, again not out of character for you.

And by the way: retort, please.

Eh, I didn't even see that.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2006, 12:54:11 am »
Warrior, yet again, you amaze me with your ability to totally miss the point.  Congratulations.  Can you please just give up posting here? Your absolutely denseness is starting to annoy the hell out of me, and I don't think anybody here is being fooled.  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you're making yourself look like a jackass. 

Personal frustrations behind, let's look at your glowing mistakes:

No I had read up on Origami before, that article was information I had seen elsewhere already. Just because you're late at reading articles don't assume everyone else is. Give me a break. This is you on your usual senslessly bash microsoft trips.

The target audience is obviously people looking for a portable solution yet are willing to give up some quality for ease of use. I wouldn't call a laptop exactly "pocket portable" and it will probably be cheaper than a PDA. It's an affordable solution.
You had read about the product, but I was talking about a particular issue with the product.  That is, its uselessness.  The articles I posted are important for the context.  Since you totally and blatantly missed the context on your first reply, it's more than obvious that you, indeed, did NOT understand it. 

Also, WTF do you mean cheaper than a PDA?  Are you on crack?  Origami's pricerange is $500 - $1000.  According to a search on Best Buy's website, the average cost of a PDA is $50.  Are you seriously saying that they're going to sell it for under $50? 

Also, it's 8"x4"x1.5".  That's a little bit big for fitting in a pocket, isn't it?  I don't know what kind of pockets you have, but it's sure bigger than mine. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 01:10:20 am by iago »