Author Topic: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.  (Read 37824 times)

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2006, 11:05:45 pm »
You guys got owned again.

Someone's whipped...

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 11:34:12 pm »
Yeah, back about the grammar thing. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but once she started talking correctly, she seemed like 1,000,000x smarter.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2006, 11:42:05 pm »
Yeah, back about the grammar thing. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but once she started talking correctly, she seemed like 1,000,000x smarter.

Stereotyping and social standards within our community.  There are many other communities that view "our" ways of communicating unusual compared to her's.  When in Rome...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:43:39 pm by Lord[nK] »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2006, 11:50:45 pm »
.. is a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie.

On a side note, I love you MyndFyre.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2006, 11:57:14 pm »

Stereotyping and social standards within our community.  There are many other communities that view "our" ways of communicating unusual compared to her's.  When in Rome...
Usually people who don't type with correct grammar on the internet come from communities which don't discuss issues that require a lot of intelligence, so they obviously don't have as much experience in debating issues such as these, and the majority of the time suck at debating. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen somebody with horrible grammar on the internet actually debate well. So, in this case it's actually a pretty valid stereotype.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 12:34:48 am »
So when I call you Bill, I am right!  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 12:35:18 am »
You guys got owned again.

Someone's whipped...
In more ways than one!
What makes you think that?
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches

I suddenly lose my brain?
No, I don't think you *suddenly* lost your brain.  I think whether you've had it is what's really dubious.

Do you know her in RL?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 12:54:57 am by CrAz3D »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 12:38:46 am »

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2006, 02:11:17 am »
Do you know her in RL?
That comment was directed at Joe.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2006, 05:16:24 am »

Usually people who don't type with correct grammar on the internet come from communities which don't discuss issues that require a lot of intelligence, so they obviously don't have as much experience in debating issues such as these, and the majority of the time suck at debating.

I'm assuming that these statistics are coming from a reputable source and not just you talking out of your ass?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2006, 08:10:06 am »
Do you know her in RL?
That comment was directed at Joe.

I have no clue what comment we're talking about here, so for the one in a million chance of answering the right one, yes, I know her in real life.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2006, 09:39:23 am »

Usually people who don't type with correct grammar on the internet come from communities which don't discuss issues that require a lot of intelligence, so they obviously don't have as much experience in debating issues such as these, and the majority of the time suck at debating.

I'm assuming that these statistics are coming from a reputable source and not just you talking out of your ass?
For all the time I've been at StealthBot.net, not a SINGLE PERSON who I've seen that types grammatically incorrect has debated well. Believe me if you want, but I have no reason to lie.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2006, 09:45:57 am »
For all the time I've been at StealthBot.net, not a SINGLE PERSON who I've seen that types grammatically incorrect has debated well. Believe me if you want, but I have no reason to lie.

I'm sure you know c0n.  Despite his obvious attitude problem, I think he's fairly good at arguing.  He doesn't type grammatically correct.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2006, 11:12:35 am »

I'm sure you know c0n.  Despite his obvious attitude problem, I think he's fairly good at arguing.  He doesn't type grammatically correct.

Attitude problem + good grammar = me not even considering whether he makes good arguments.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2006, 12:45:08 pm »
Attitude problem + good grammar = me not even considering whether he makes good arguments.

Why?  Seems kind of bias and stupid to me. :P

I actually think c0n makes some great points, given it's a subject he's actually willing to participate in a reasonable argument.