Author Topic: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.  (Read 37824 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Hey I'm a new GOTH girl.
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2006, 12:04:25 am »
About that, I'm dressing a black blazer, black tank top, black dress pants, and black dress socks to school tomorrow, but I'm not gothic. It's kinda weird.
You're not gothic if you don't attempt to make yourself look like death warmed over and you don't try to tell people how nobody understands how you feel.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2006, 12:07:43 am »
And if you'll notice, he found himself wrong.  That takes a hell of a lot more intelligence than being wrong and not knowing why.

Of course I noticed, you 'tard (jk :P), I wrote it in my damn post!  You said "saying something really stupid" makes someone unintelligent:

How can someone that's said something really stupid be considered intelligent? O_o

I didn't call him an unintelligent, useless moron.  Hell, I'll agree that he's better with Linux than I am.  I just inferred that he's stupid in his beliefs.  The question is: what else is he good at?  Sure, he's good with computers.  Can he do anything else?  Intelligence, to me, isn't being good at only one thing; it's being more or less well-rounded.

Intelligence is mental capacity, despite whatever you understand it to be.  Since I'm sure you'll agree that Computer Science is a relatively difficult subject, I hope you will undrestand my claim of his intelligence.

...and I stand by my original response: he's an asshole.

Intelligence is useless if nobody will listen to you.

I never said he wasn't an asshole!  I don't see where you said he was an asshole anyway.  I saw where you said his reason for not typing wtih grammatical flow was stupid.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:09:42 am by Sidoh »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2006, 12:11:05 am »
Goth gurl chick person, are you a stereotypical satan worshipper that does lots of drugs and smokes?

If the answer to the above is yes, then Joe, when are you dating her?...isn't it against your beliefs to date her since she is all anti-God, pro-Satan?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2006, 12:13:31 am »
Goth gurl chick person, are you a stereotypical satan worshipper that does lots of drugs and smokes?

If the answer to the above is yes, then Joe, when are you dating her?...isn't it against your beliefs to date her since she is all anti-God, pro-Satan?

Goth is lifestyle, not a religion.  I've often heard Satan Worshipers refered to as Gothics, but I'm not entirely sure if that's correct.

Goth is similar to Emo in relational definition.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2006, 12:17:43 am »

The answer is no. She's Christian.

EDIT -
I've never heard of an emo Christian before, because if you're emo you think nobody cares but if you're Christian you know God cares. They contradict.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:20:21 am by Joe »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2006, 12:41:53 am »
Goths are alright I've come to see, you just need to talk to them. This goth kid I talk to is an alright guy...scary but alright.

Incidientially if Goths were judged by their clothes instead of their beliefs then I would be one. My favorite color to wear is black.
I have a black dickies with a black shirt under, black dickie pants black socks black shoes black boxers and black gym shorts.

Yes, I am the shit.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2006, 12:48:05 am »
I stand by my original claim: I believe he's quite intelligent.
Since this arguement was started by my post about people with bad grammar usually don't argue well, I'd like to point out that your saying he's intelligent, which has nothing to do with the ability to debate. I'd estimate that at LEAST 90% of the population (just a guess) is intelligent under Sidoh's definition, and has the potential to learn how to debate. The only thing is though, my post was saying that people with bad grammar suck at debating. I said absolutely nothing about people with bad grammar not being intelligent, so your point really doesn't belong in this arguement.
About that, I'm dressing a black blazer, black tank top, black dress pants, and black dress socks to school tomorrow, but I'm not gothic. It's kinda weird.
You're not gothic if you don't attempt to make yourself look like death warmed over and you don't try to tell people how nobody understands how you feel.
I love you! Although, I think Maddox covered the definition of a "goth" the best.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:06 am »
Since this arguement was started by my post about people with bad grammar usually don't argue well, I'd like to point out that your saying he's intelligent, which has nothing to do with the ability to debate.

Intelligence is a powerful constituent of success in debate.  If you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the subject matters relating to the argument, you'd have a rather hard time being successful in a debate.

I'd estimate that at LEAST 90% of the population (just a guess) is intelligent under Sidoh's definition, and has the potential to learn how to debate.

It depends if we're speaking strictly about the formal definition. ;)

The only thing is though, my post was saying that people with bad grammar suck at debating. I said absolutely nothing about people with bad grammar not being intelligent, so your point really doesn't belong in this arguement.

And I said that c0n made great points in debate (whilest using bad grammar), especially in arguments pertaining Linux and lower level programming.  I've seen him argue with Teh User before.  While it seemed to me that Teh User did better (mostly because Teh User is extremely intelligent/learned, I'd say), he still had valid points and he definitely didn't "suck" at argument.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2006, 01:05:52 am »
Since this arguement was started by my post about people with bad grammar usually don't argue well, I'd like to point out that your saying he's intelligent, which has nothing to do with the ability to debate.

Intelligence is a powerful constituent of success in debate.  If you don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the subject matters relating to the argument, you'd have a rather hard time being successful in a debate.
Yes, but if you don't have the experience of debating, which the majority people who have bad grammar don't (refer to my logic in my previous post for that), you'll still suck.
[
The only thing is though, my post was saying that people with bad grammar suck at debating. I said absolutely nothing about people with bad grammar not being intelligent, so your point really doesn't belong in this arguement.

And I said that c0n made great points in debate (whilest using bad grammar), especially in arguments pertaining Linux and lower level programming.  I've seen him argue with Teh User before.  While it seemed to me that Teh User did better (mostly because Teh User is extremely intelligent/learned, I'd say), he still had valid points and he definitely didn't "suck" at argument.
Oh, I must've missed that post. My mistake.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2006, 08:10:42 am »

I'd estimate that at LEAST 90% of the population (just a guess) is intelligent under Sidoh's definition, and has the potential to learn how to debate.

It depends if we're speaking strictly about the formal definition. ;)

I never win an argument against you, even if you're arguing that my point is wrong and then re-providing my point calling it true. Are you calling me stupid?

Crap.. don't answer that.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2006, 01:26:19 pm »
Haha, you guys are so weird..

@Joe: Emo kids can be Christian.  I know of some.

@Everyone else: Why are we talking about c0n?  I think you should focus on the new peson in THEIR introduction thread. But that's just me. :D

Anyways.. does this gothic girl still visit these forums, or is she like 95% of the people who sign up here and leave the second day?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2006, 01:33:38 pm »
Haha, you guys are so weird..

^_^

Anyways.. does this gothic girl still visit these forums, or is she like 95% of the people who sign up here and leave the second day?

We scare them off by posting criticism in their introduction forums.  :-[

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2006, 01:49:23 pm »

We scare them off by posting criticism in their introduction forums.  :-[
I've noticed. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2006, 02:10:31 pm »
@Everyone else: Why are we talking about c0n?  I think you should focus on the new peson in THEIR introduction thread. But that's just me. :D
I just like to annoy Sidoh.   :D
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2006, 02:38:18 pm »
I just like to annoy Sidoh.   :D