Author Topic: School sued over same-sex fairy tale  (Read 21466 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: School sued over same-sex fairy tale
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2006, 09:12:08 pm »
Shush you.  Indians also take up resources, take up jobs, and are the cause of children getting teased.  ;-)
Just because we accept $5 a week of payment for faulty tech support doesn't mean you can be mad at us!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2006, 09:21:35 pm »
You're not singling them out because we say they are inferior, we're singling them out but they have a disease.  I haven't said we should kill them, just that we need to stop this disease.
How do you suggest you stop the disease of homosexuality, then? 

Let's say that homosexuality IS a disease.  Should kids not learn about what cancer is? 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2006, 09:24:53 pm »
You're not singling them out because we say they are inferior, we're singling them out but they have a disease.  I haven't said we should kill them, just that we need to stop this disease.
How do you suggest you stop the disease of homosexuality, then? 

Let's say that homosexuality IS a disease.  Should kids not learn about what cancer is? 

No, I'm saying it should be taught like it is, something bad.
You have to accept people for what they are, but you should also try to help them become better.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2006, 09:25:59 pm »
You have to accept people for what they are, but you should also try to help them become better.

How is homosexuality a disease, exactly?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2006, 09:33:29 pm »

How is homosexuality a disease, exactly?
A mental disease.

Homosexuality (either by choice or genetic w/e in the brain) is maladaptive and doesn't further society.  Mental diseases don't help people, it is something wrong in our head that makes us worse off (liberalism;)).  If homosexuality isn't a disease how is ADD, schizophrenia, and anything else a mental disease?
Something is wrong, something needs to be fixed, we need to help them.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2006, 10:21:25 pm »
A mental disease.

Homosexuality (either by choice or genetic w/e in the brain) is maladaptive and doesn't further society.  Mental diseases don't help people, it is something wrong in our head that makes us worse off (liberalism;)).  If homosexuality isn't a disease how is ADD, schizophrenia, and anything else a mental disease?

ADD and schizophrenia are proven medical conditions. 

Being gay, in my mind, is more akin to how some people like sour candy and some people hate sour candy.  There's no real reason why one person enjoys one flavour and another person enjoys another, it's just how they are. 

If you're implying that liberalism is the same as homosexuality, then I think your point is more damaged than ever.  Liberalism is nothing like homosexuality, a person makes a conscious decision about which, if any, political stance to take.  Although I think that making that stance is stupid, that's besides the point.  Homosexuals, on the other hand, don't have a choice.  It's the same way I never chose to enjoy spicy food, it's just the way I am (nature or nurture?  Well, I was never encouraged to like hot sause, and my parents certainly don't, so where else could it come from?)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2006, 10:25:01 pm »
100 years ago, would you have said "I'll teach my kid about black people when I see fit"?  What's wrong with the subject of gay people?  It's not like they're showing ass-fucking pictures. 

That's not a very good analogy.  This is a matter of sexual preference, not racism.

Because it'll lead to curiosity.  Curiosity will eventually lead to the discovery of unwanted knowledge.  Again, I'll teach my kids about homosexuality when I want.  If the school decides to do it without my consent, maybe I will sue them. :P

Homosexuals who do not "recover" to be heterosexuals generally have a hormone imbalance.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »
That's not a very good analogy.  This is a matter of sexual preference, not racism.

Because it'll lead to curiosity.  Curiosity will eventually lead to the discovery of unwanted knowledge.  Again, I'll teach my kids about homosexuality when I want.  If the school decides to do it without my consent, maybe I will sue them. :P

Homosexuals who do not "recover" to be heterosexuals generally have a hormone imbalance.

What "unwanted knowledge"?  When I hear a fairytale about a prince and a princess falling in love, I don't go reading about "fucking".  Are you talking about the knowledge that somebody doesn't necessarily have to be with a woman to be happy?  What's unwanted about that?

It's very close to rasicm.  It's a group of people who are singled out and made fun of by most others.  My grandma still points and complains about niggers, and my friend still points and complains about fags.  Do you not see a parallel?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39:01 pm »
What "unwanted knowledge"?  When I hear a fairytale about a prince and a princess falling in love, I don't go reading about "fucking".  Are you talking about the knowledge that somebody doesn't necessarily have to be with a woman to be happy?  What's unwanted about that?

That's because it's natural.  When sex is finally discussed with the young child, I don't want to have to tell him or her about gay fucking as well.  I think that should be a seperate topic.

I see your point, but homosexuality defies the norm.  As I've already said, that deviation causes curiousity.

It's very close to rasicm.  It's a group of people who are singled out and made fun of by most others.  My grandma still points and complains about niggers, and my friend still points and complains about fags.  Do you not see a parallel?

Yes, but they're for different reasons.  Homosexuality is a choice.  Race is not.  You aren't born a homosexual.  You are born with the ethnicity of your biological parents.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2006, 10:40:44 pm »
I agree with Sidoh, I mean you have to deal with blacks at a young age. It's not like you're going to have a gay kid in 1st grade.
These things should be explained in the home as they occur. I think the same would go for sex talks but that's something else.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2006, 10:49:41 pm »
Homosexuality is not a choice, is not a disease, and is not only about sex.  Your narrow minds anger me,

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2006, 10:53:46 pm »
Homosexuality is not a choice

Yes ... it ... is.

By definition, homosexuality is someone who has sexual intercourse with someone of the same gender.  Sounds like it's only about sex to me. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 11:03:16 pm »
A mental disease.

ADD and schizophrenia are proven medical conditions. 

Being gay, in my mind, is more akin to how some people like sour candy and some people hate sour candy.  There's no real reason why one person enjoys one flavour and another person enjoys another, it's just how they are. 

If you're implying that liberalism is the same as homosexuality, then I think your point is more damaged than ever.  Liberalism is nothing like homosexuality, a person makes a conscious decision about which, if any, political stance to take.  Although I think that making that stance is stupid, that's besides the point.  Homosexuals, on the other hand, don't have a choice.  It's the same way I never chose to enjoy spicy food, it's just the way I am (nature or nurture?  Well, I was never encouraged to like hot sause, and my parents certainly don't, so where else could it come from?)
Ok, the liberalism thing was jokingly.

As for sour vs. sweet preference, neither of those help society more than the other, they are equal.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2006, 11:34:30 pm »
Do not make this a political debate, please, it's a culture topic..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2006, 11:37:27 pm »
Do not make this a political debate, please, it's a culture topic..

Politics often dictate culture.