Author Topic: "You know, if I was a girl I would date him."  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: "You know, if I was a girl I would date him."
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 02:33:46 am »
Since there are conflicting definitions, we should remove the ambiguity by coming up with our own.  I suggest we let "heterosexual" mean interested in the opposite sex, and "heterosexual++" refer to sexual intercourse.

At a very young age I think we develop feelings towards the opposite sex.  I know that I liked girls before I hit puberty.

The crazed comment was referring to threads on the Valhalla Legends forum.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 02:45:22 am »
Since there are conflicting definitions, we should remove the ambiguity by coming up with our own.  I suggest we let "heterosexual" mean interested in the opposite sex, and "heterosexual++" refer to sexual intercourse.

Hm... then comes another problem: what do we call virgins? >_>

ASEXUALS!

At a very young age I think we develop feelings towards the opposite sex.  I know that I liked girls before I hit puberty.

Yeah, but did you want to pound them?  Even the definition that disagrees with the one I tend to use says homosexuality and heterosexuality deals with sexual tendancies,.

The crazed comment was referring to threads on the Valhalla Legends forum.

I don't visit the vL forums.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 08:17:59 am »

Hm... then comes another problem: what do we call virgins? >_>

ASEXUALS!

You're still obviously taking the wrong meaning.  A virgin is still a heterosexual or a homosexual, depending on what turns him on.  I suppose if nothing turned him on that would make him an asexual, but that's not what you said. 

The problem here IS a failure to communicate.  I subscribe to Rule's definition.  Homosexuality is not about having sex with another man, there are lots of homosexuals who have never done so.  Homosexuality is about being attracted to other men.  If you just want to talk about having sex, then obviously it's a choice, but you don't choose to be attracted.  Whether it's genetic predisposition or the environment they grew up in doesn't really matter, it still isn't a choice. 

That's what I was trying to explain in that fairy tale thread.  It's not about two princes fucking each other, it's about them falling in love.  There's a HUGE difference when discussing what is appropriate for children. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2006, 10:43:03 am »
You're still obviously taking the wrong meaning.  A virgin is still a heterosexual or a homosexual, depending on what turns him on.  I suppose if nothing turned him on that would make him an asexual, but that's not what you said. 

What makes my definition wrong?  It's also in the dictionary.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/homosexual see for yourself.

The problem here IS a failure to communicate.  I subscribe to Rule's definition.  Homosexuality is not about having sex with another man, there are lots of homosexuals who have never done so.  Homosexuality is about being attracted to other men.  If you just want to talk about having sex, then obviously it's a choice, but you don't choose to be attracted.  Whether it's genetic predisposition or the environment they grew up in doesn't really matter, it still isn't a choice. 

Of course that isn't a choice, that's blatantly obvious.  However, my definition is in the dictionary too.  I fail to see any wrong in using it.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2006, 12:39:04 pm »

Some people at a very young age Mature faster then others. There is nothing wrong with that just that your Hormone were kicking in at a very young age.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 12:43:13 pm by ZeroX »
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2006, 11:24:56 pm »

What makes my definition wrong?  It's also in the dictionary.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/homosexual see for yourself.

I didn't say your definition is wrong, I said you're using the wrong definition.  I don't care if a guy screws a guy or a girl.  It doesn't make a big difference in the end.  What matters is how the person feels in the long run. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2006, 11:30:27 pm »
I didn't say your definition is wrong, I said you're using the wrong definition. 

They're both in the dictionary.  Why's one more correct than the other?

I don't care if a guy screws a guy or a girl.  It doesn't make a big difference in the end.  What matters is how the person feels in the long run. 

It doesn't matter if you care or not; they're both in the dictionary.  What you think isn't going to change that. ;)

Since sexual intercourse is the epitome of all intimate feelings, I think it plays an incontestably important role in this subject.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2006, 01:07:58 am »
Since sexual intercourse is the epitome of all intimate feelings, I think it plays an incontestably important role in this subject.

I don't.  I'm not sexually attracted to men. If I made the choice to have sex with a man (for whatever reason), I wouldn't enjoy it, and I don't think I'd be considered gay by the commonly accepted definition of "homosexual."

All that matters is whether you're attracted towards the same or opposite sex.  Whether you act on it doesn't say anything about your sexual orientation or not.  Most homosexuals don't WANT to be attracted to men; they are homosexual because they are attracted to men.  This is the commonly accepted definition.  Ask any of your real life friends if you'd be considered "homosexual" if you were (strongly) sexually attracted to men, and see what they say.

To answer your earlier question, yes I was sexually interested in girls before I hit puberty.  I couldn't impregnate them, but I was interested in having sexual relations with them (which encompasses: kissing, etc), and I think most of my friends were too.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:12:05 am by Rule »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2006, 01:14:49 am »
Despite your best efforts, none of your logic demystifies the fact that the definition I prefer to use is in the dictionary.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2006, 01:19:48 am »
Despite your best efforts, none of your logic demystifies the fact that the definition I prefer to use is in the dictionary.

Quote from: Webster's
Homosexual, adjective
1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex         
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between persons of the same sex

1 is still the common definition.  Definition 2 is associated with the action of having a particular type of sex (e.g. he is having homosexual sex).  Definition 1 is used to describe people with a certain sexual preference.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:25:22 am by Rule »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2006, 02:03:35 am »
Haha, yeah.  I've realized I'm wrong for a while, but I like structured argument, as I'm sure most people on those boards will tell you.

I had another point, but I think it's wrong too, haha.  I'm too tired to post it at the moment anyway. ;p