Author Topic: Babies aborted for not being perfect  (Read 3911 times)

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Babies aborted for not being perfect
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:40:29 pm »
Babies aborted for not being perfect

"The ethical storm over abortions has been renewed as it emerged that terminations are being carried out for minor, treatable birth defects. Late terminations have been performed in recent years because the babies had club feet, official figures show."

Read article...

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
Re: Babies aborted for not being perfect
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:50:48 pm »
I think it's wrong to abort babies for anything other than rape/can't care for it, these people who are aborting late term, healthy babies deserve to have thier reproductive organs disabled.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 02:24:36 am »
The law really needs to close the loophole.  Aren't late term abortions usually only allowed when there is a severe risk to the mother or the baby?  If the problems are able to be corrected, they do not pose a severe risk and should not be grounds for abortions in late term.
errr... something like that...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 02:37:32 am »
Dude if my baby has webbed fingers I'm making him join swim team - not aborting him.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:32:48 am »
Dude if my baby has webbed fingers I'm making him join swim team - not aborting him.
What if your kid is missing toes or finger?  Maybe you kid only has 3 finger per hand...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:33:21 pm »
What if your kid is missing toes or finger?  Maybe you kid only has 3 finger per hand...

You have to look at it from a christan stand point I guess. Who has the right to play God or divine sprit? To some people Web feet might be a god sent and a spiritual mark. Too society I guess he would be casted out and would live a life of teasing and mocking. I am really in the middle on this debate. Like Gamesnake said the only reason for an abortion would be either rape/can't care for it, even then you could still give it up for adoption and the child could still live a full life.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:36:55 pm »
I think I support abortion...I dont agree with it though (if that makes sense)

I think everyone has the right to life & should be able to experience this world
BUT
I dont want a little kid growing up unwanted & hated & a knowing they were just some mistake/fluke/unwanted......that is way too sad to have happen & their arent enough good people adopting, foster homes suck.  Some of the foster parents are only in it for the money even!

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 01:45:51 pm »
Murderers.

So?  You can still live without two fingers per hand.  The person still has the ability to make a difference in the world, and is still one of Gods children.  If someone aborted a baby because of a defect like this, I would probably go in and tie her tubes and give the guy a vasectomy.

I dont want a little kid growing up unwanted & hated & a knowing they were just some mistake/fluke/unwanted......that is way too sad to have happen & their arent enough good people adopting, foster homes suck.  Some of the foster parents are only in it for the money even!
There are a lot of people trying to adopt children.  For example, my parents are currently trying to adopt a child and have been for almost a year now.  They have so far been unsuccesful because their profile hasn't been the one choosen.  There is compitition in domestic adoption, so adoption shouldn't be too much of an issue.  And foster homes I know little about, so I can't put up an arguement for that.  But, here are some outcomes of foster care: http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/pubs/factsheets/fosterdlinks.cfm#four.  I doubt all foster home cares suck.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 01:51:17 pm »
not all suck, but some do because people are evil.  i dont understand how people can just use others to get what they want without caring :(

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 04:39:44 pm »
not all suck, but some do because people are evil.  i dont understand how people can just use others to get what they want without caring :(
Well ofcourse.. People are not always kind to one another and are very greedy... It is to be expected.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 07:41:46 pm »
Well ofcourse.. People are not always kind to one another and are very greedy... It is to be expected.
People suck.....thats why I support abortion.  I dont want an innocent child to have experience people or maybe even to grow up & become one of those mean people.  There are few good ones left it seems

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 09:40:00 pm »
People suck.....thats why I support abortion.  I dont want an innocent child to have experience people or maybe even to grow up & become one of those mean people.  There are few good ones left it seems

In general, I support the right for someone to choose whether they wany to abort or not.  I think it's arbitrary that pro-lifers choose to draw the line at a fertilized egg, and in many cases they [pro-lifers] can't defend their position beyond saying "it's just wrong," or "ending human life is wrong."  Of course, the former response cannot be adequately exemplified, and the latter response is inevitably met with a consideration of at what point one should consider human "life" valuable: why a fertilized egg, why not a sperm, etc?  (Note, a fertilized egg will require a lot of intervention to become a developed baby, as will a sperm.  Neither will become human life through some moderately self-sustaining process).   I also think that people who say aborting in the early stages of pregnancy is "murder" are using "loaded language," as iago would put it, and are more venting an irrational hatred rather than thinking logically.

Aside from *all of that*, it's obvious that abortion is an issue of major controversy.  The public is not even close to being able to decide on whether or not it is morally wrong, or in what cases it is morally wrong.  For that reason alone, to legislate based on a moral opinion that a strong majority of people do not hold, would be absolutely ludicrous.  I think it's funny that conservatives in general are "pro-life," because in a way their opinion is being tugged in opposite directions between two loyalties: one is non-secular, and one is the conservative ideology.   In a way it's hypocritical -- they are pro-government intervention.... and Crazed always talks about "liberal hypocrisy."  Realize most of these labels are political propaganda planted in your minds :P.  Note: I am not particularly "left-wing."

**However**, I feel that aborting a baby in late stages of development for minor birth defects is fairly outrageous, and that anyone who does so is disgustingly self-centred and superficial.  Whether or not I think it should be stopped is something I would have to consider.  My gut reaction is "yes," but then again, it's not good to form legislative opinions based on immediate emotional reactions.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 09:45:06 pm »
Rule: most Christian pro-life supporters justify their beliefs through means of religions texts, which is obviously not helpful unless you share their beliefs.  These people don't have an arbitrary perception of when life begins, but it's also not necessarily logically justified.

there's a bible passage which says something similar to "I've loved you since you were conceived," which obviously implies "you" (and effectively all other people) should be considered humans at the moment of conception.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 09:55:02 pm »
I will admit and agree, regarding abortion I am TOTALLY hypocritical.  I know the child shouldnt die, yet I support killing it...its confusing, should the kid live & experience this beautiful world...or should we not allow the kid to experience this hell that is our world.......

Killing the baby IS wrong, though.