Author Topic: Feral Druid tree.  (Read 2927 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Feral Druid tree.
« on: July 12, 2006, 08:14:15 pm »
I personally think you cant get much better in the PvP then a feral druid with full Rank 14 gear.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids/talents.html?01400530100000003232121323102151050000000000000

I was thinking that for our guild since its a PvP/twink guild atm. That I just make a feral druid since I have seen rank 11 druids take out rank 14 warriors and rouges in like 20 seconds.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:17:39 pm by ZeroX »
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Feral Druid tree.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 08:30:35 pm »
Rank should never be associated with skill.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:36:04 pm »
Rank should never be associated with skill.

Dosent matter how much skill you have. No way in hell could a level 60 warrior with so so gear. Ever dream to beat a Rank 14 Warrior with full epic gear. I mean the game is a gear base game. You cant deny that.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 08:38:01 pm »
Dosent matter how much skill you have. No way in hell could a level 60 warrior with so so gear. Ever dream to beat a Rank 14 Warrior with full epic gear. I mean the game is a gear base game. You cant deny that.

Skill is how you apply the gear you have.  Without skill, a mage in all greens could beat you. :P

I can beat a Warrior in full epics.  I can beat a Rogue with Thunderfury.  Gear is nothing next to skill. ;P

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 08:42:57 pm »

Skill is how you apply the gear you have.  Without skill, a mage in all greens could beat you. :P

I can beat a Warrior in full epics.  I can beat a Rogue with Thunderfury.  Gear is nothing next to skill. ;P

Well I mean if you buy a rank 14 rouge on ebay and never played WoW before then of course you could own him. Iam talking about the people that have played the game from 1-60 and still arent that good with epic gear that they got from their guild mates and they have owned some of the best Pallys I have ever seen but there gear wasent that great.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 09:31:19 pm »
Well I mean if you buy a rank 14 rouge on ebay and never played WoW before then of course you could own him. Iam talking about the people that have played the game from 1-60 and still arent that good with epic gear that they got from their guild mates and they have owned some of the best Pallys I have ever seen but there gear wasent that great.

Paladins are the gods of WSG.  See the reasons I posted above.  Warriors may be killing machines, but they don't have heals, they don't have blessings, they don't have increased movement rates and they don't have immunity shields.  Did I mention they don't have heals?

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 07:32:24 pm »
WTF are ranks?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 08:24:00 pm »
WTF are ranks?

It's a direct representation of your Honor Ranking.  When you PvP, you get Honor.  You get it from killing a player within 10 levels of the opposing faction, you get it for turning in flags in WSG, you get it for resource captures in AB, etc.  The more honor you get, the higher chance you have of beating more people on your same server/faction.

For Alliance, the ranks are:

1) Private
2) Corporal
3) Sergeant
4) Master Sergeant
5) Sergeant Major
6) Knight
7) Knight-Lieutenant
8) Knight-Captain
9) Knight-Champion
10) Lieutenant Commander
11) Commander
12) Marshal
13) Field Marshal
14) Grand Marshal

Getting rank 14 requires immense amounts of time.  You can pseudo-lightly PvP to get to 13 (meaning you play for 10-15 hours a week, possibly more as your progress), but when you get to 13 and want to increment your rank to 14, your honor ranking has to be #1 for three weeks in a row.  To clarify, that means you have to PvP more than anyone in your server + faction for three weeks straight.  That's about 10 hours of PvP a day for 21 days.  It's a ridiculous amount of work for Weapons (you can get the full armor set at rank 13) that aren't as good as weapons that drop in instances.  People do it for the prestige, not the gear.