Author Topic: Blizzard's ups and downs  (Read 6583 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Blizzard's ups and downs
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:05:26 am »
Ups:

They have relased the new flying mount that will be able to be used in outland. I personally think it looks sweet and I thought they would never do this becuase you could just fly into a city and raid it. Nope they have guards now with bows that shoot you done if you come to close. Plus the nether drake was really fucking cool looking in warcraft3

http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/netherdrake.html

Downs:

Why didnt they just make a new class? They so just fucked them selfs on this one. That was the unquie part about the horde and alliance. They had their own class. But now since they make up some bull shit story line that the bloodelfs get holy and the what ever there called become shamans. It just upsets me that they would do this.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/townhall/classcombo.html
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Blizzard's ups and downs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:40:18 am »
WTF, there was a blue post that clearly stated Shamans were horde only and Paladins were Alliance.  0_0
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 12:17:54 pm »
I agree with you on the pally/shaman thing, that's just stupid. I disagree with you on the flying mounts flying into cities however. I think it'll be fine like that.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 06:50:46 pm »
You guys clearly don't know the pre-Warcraft lore. IIRC, the Draeni and the Shamanistic Orcs were evolved from the same race, and thus the same ideas -- the worship of the four elements. The High Elves were VERY close with the humans of Lordaeron. The council of Tirisfal was a brotherhood of men and elves. Remember what race the WarCraft III Human's priest unit was? Yup, elf.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 08:35:05 pm »
You guys clearly don't know the pre-Warcraft lore. IIRC, the Draeni and the Shamanistic Orcs were evolved from the same race, and thus the same ideas -- the worship of the four elements. The High Elves were VERY close with the humans of Lordaeron. The council of Tirisfal was a brotherhood of men and elves. Remember what race the WarCraft III Human's priest unit was? Yup, elf.
Thanks for proving our points?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 09:25:08 pm »
I just disproved your points that it was stupid to give those races the said classes. But hey, you're welcome.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 10:41:44 pm »
I just disproved your points that it was stupid to give those races the said classes. But hey, you're welcome.

Paladins were always Humans. Shamans were always Orcs.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 11:38:22 pm »
So.... absolutely no new classes?  That's saddens me.  I can remember the first MMO I played, Star Wars Galaxies.  When I first logged in, I was amazed at all the options that were available to me in the ways of character development and whatnot.
errr... something like that...

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 11:43:39 pm »
I'm pretty disappointed, too. While I guess they decided to insert their explanations on how these fit into lore, I'm going to be pretty disgruntled with having to play against Horde paladins in BG's, or, if Horde side, having to put up with totems. While it might "balance" things, sure, it was always nice to have something /different/ between the two factions. Now... Their just evening the playing field even more between Horde and Alliance. I'm not sure I like it so much.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 02:42:30 am »
So.... absolutely no new classes?  That's saddens me.  I can remember the first MMO I played, Star Wars Galaxies.  When I first logged in, I was amazed at all the options that were available to me in the ways of character development and whatnot.

Then again, I'm pretty certain that WoW is the most content-intensive MMO on the market.  The different ways you can approach the content may be relatively timid, but I'd wager that it's one of the most complex MMO's on the market.  I will not, however, argue that it is the most difficult.  From what I've heard, EQ/EQ2 are WoWx10 in terms of difficulty.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 11:04:31 am »
You're an idiot, that's what we've been saying.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 01:00:18 pm »

Since when did you become a total fool? :-/

Almost 25,000 years ago, a faction of uncorrupted eredar led by Velen fled their homeworld of Argus, calling themselves the draenei ("the Exiled Ones"). After traveling through the cosmos they finally found a world which they called Draenor ("Exile's Refuge"). They at first shared a peaceful existence with the native orcs and traded with them. They followed the path of the Holy Light of Creation as shown to them by the Naaru. Unfortunately, Kil'jaeden eventually discovered the refuge, and found the combat-driven and honor-seeking orcs to be easily manipulated. As a potent act of vengance and a safety precaution, Kil'jaeden ordered the draenei to be exterminated by the orcs through his student, the warlock Gul'dan.

Notice it says "TRADED with them," not "FUCKED with them."

A number of draenei still remain untainted, and it is these that are destined to come crash landing onto Azeroth in a planar ship sabotaged by the malicious Blood Elves of outland (not the blood elves that joined the horde). The draenei will be the new Alliance race in the Burning Crusade expansion.

The Shamanistic Orcs that they interacted with didn't exist on Azeroth.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 01:41:50 pm »
Tempest Keep, a teleporting fortress, is a good save from the "Phew Phew Laserz" story.  :D

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 06:47:29 pm »
I can't wait to make an Alliance Shaman and fuck with the Horde >:|
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 07:50:14 pm »
I can't wait to make an Alliance Shaman and fuck with the Horde >:|

Hehe, they get to feel the power of the grounding totem and the earthshock!  ^_^