Author Topic: Best mining areas?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Best mining areas?
« on: August 04, 2006, 11:01:12 am »
I have tried out a few over the past months, and I have found Eastern Plaguelands to be the best. I tried Ungoro, but they are too few and too far between (max of 2 rich thorium spawned). Burning Steppes may have a lot more than everywhere else, but it also has more competetion leaving you with less than other places. EPL has a ton, and not as much competetion, so I seem to find more there. Does anyone else know of places I may want to try out ?

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Re: Best mining areas?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 04:34:08 pm »
I found quite a few in Winterspring, but that may just be sheer dumb luck**. Look near where the elite frost giants are, there's a couple. I wasn't really *looking*, though, so I can't tell you if there's more. They're really easy to spot, too. I generally see them in the snow faster than on my radar. (Not that I ever have my mining radar on, anyways. Too many goddang other things to track.) So far, though, EPL seems the best.

** I never, ever find Thorium. Someone always mines it before I get to it. Doh.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:40:40 pm »
Burning Steppes in my playground.  Being a Herbalist and Miner, I follow a path which allows me to collect lots of Thorium, Dark Iron, Dreamfoil, Mountain Silversage, and Black Lotus.  :)

I would say Burning Steppes even with compitition.  EPL is good, but there are too many damn high level mobs!  :(
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:02:13 pm »
Burning Steppes in my playground.  Being a Herbalist and Miner, I follow a path which allows me to collect lots of Thorium, Dark Iron, Dreamfoil, Mountain Silversage, and Black Lotus.  :)

I would say Burning Steppes even with compitition.  EPL is good, but there are too many damn high level mobs!  :(
mobs do become a problem, but I can normally dodge them. In BS I got one small thorium vein in 30 mins... :P But I get a lot in EPL

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 09:24:26 am »
I see a lot around desolace, and thousand needles. They may be just low level mining though.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.