Author Topic: Maelstrom Battlegroup  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Maelstrom Battlegroup
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:58:51 am »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: Maelstrom Battlegroup
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 12:41:26 pm »
I'm in Death and Taxes' Battlegroup.  I hope we get some of their horde.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »
Does that mean we will be playing with people from all those servers? WTF they have moonrunners and a few other normal servers in there. Nobody PvPs on a normal server.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 04:10:46 pm »
Does that mean we will be playing with people from all those servers? WTF they have moonrunners and a few other normal servers in there. Nobody PvPs on a normal server.

Just because people don't like getting ganked at arbitrary times doesn't mean they don't enjoy battlegrounds...

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 12:59:46 am »
The only difference I can see between normal servers and PvP servers, is that people who play alliance on normal servers, won't be able to take down shaman as easily as alliance on PvP servers, and vice-versa, yet with Paladins.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 04:26:33 pm »
I'm in Death and Taxes' Battlegroup.  I hope we get some of their horde.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but D&T is Alliance. So what exactly do you mean "some of their horde"?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 08:09:04 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but D&T is Alliance. So what exactly do you mean "some of their horde"?

Alts, I think.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 02:11:55 am »
Haha. Detheroc's on the list. I could hop on my troll mage and PvP against all of you in the 30-39 bracket. *cackle* ... ;)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 09:04:47 pm »

Alts, I think.

I feel bad for the Horde on my server, Aegwynn is in the same group as D&T (and apparently Blaze?). I was on the second best horde guild (Legend) on Aegwynn's vent last night, they were playing against D&T's team when I came in. Didn't last long, heh.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:05 pm »
D&T is amazing, purely amazing. They downed all 13 bosses in naxx, and started on the boss right for Kel, they have a video of it on their website. (They got totally wrecked.  :P
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:11:14 pm »
If they got wrecked, they didn't down "all' 13 bosses, you'd think..
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2006, 11:08:48 pm »

Only if you're a newbie to raiding.

Especially in Naxxrammas, boss fights revolve totally around strategy.  It doesn't matter how much skill, gear or balance your group brings; if you don't conform to the intended strategy (or some alternative one which serves the same roles as the intended), you'll be crushed.  Since Blizzard doesn't give the slightest hint of what you're supposed to do for any battle in Naxxrammas, you're left to figure it out for yourself.  There may be some clues during the trials, but it ultimately boils down to pure trial and error.  You try something, attempt to observe where the group started to perish at an abnormal rate, and then try things to counter the force that caused it.

I'm pretty sure that Death and Taxes only recently started Kel'Thuzad.  They've obviously conquered the strategies for all of the bosses leading up to Kel'Thuzad by finding and implementing the correct strategy.  They're in the process of doing the same for Kel'Thuzad.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 11:56:13 pm »

Only if you're a newbie to raiding.

Especially in Naxxrammas, boss fights revolve totally around strategy.  It doesn't matter how much skill, gear or balance your group brings; if you don't conform to the intended strategy (or some alternative one which serves the same roles as the intended), you'll be crushed.  Since Blizzard doesn't give the slightest hint of what you're supposed to do for any battle in Naxxrammas, you're left to figure it out for yourself.  There may be some clues during the trials, but it ultimately boils down to pure trial and error.  You try something, attempt to observe where the group started to perish at an abnormal rate, and then try things to counter the force that caused it.

I'm pretty sure that Death and Taxes only recently started Kel'Thuzad.  They've obviously conquered the strategies for all of the bosses leading up to Kel'Thuzad by finding and implementing the correct strategy.  They're in the process of doing the same for Kel'Thuzad.

D&T is on Sapphiron, not Kel'thuzad.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 12:25:09 am »

I'm talking about the boss Kel'Thuzad.  You know, the final boss in Naxxrammas?  The one being discussed in this conversation?  If you're going to scan posts, consider actually reading them if you decide to reply.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 09:25:49 am »

I'm talking about the boss Kel'Thuzad.  You know, the final boss in Naxxrammas?  The one being discussed in this conversation?  If you're going to scan posts, consider actually reading them if you decide to reply.
That's what I'm talking about, consider actually thinking before you decide to reply. They're on the boss called Sapphiron, you know, the 2nd to last boss in Naxxrammas? As I said before, not Kel'Thuzad.