Author Topic: Zune won't be the "iPod Killer"...  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Zune won't be the "iPod Killer"...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »
What a surprise...

I want to make an MP3 player where you can share anything with anybody near you, and they get it for keeps.  That'd be fun :)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:54:27 pm »
What a surprise...

I want to make an MP3 player where you can share anything with anybody near you, and they get it for keeps.  That'd be fun :)

Me and iago were talking about this today, of course I wasn't as critical but it isn't the Zune I thought it would be. We'll see.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Eric

• I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 04:19:26 pm »
What a surprise...

The RIAA would love that.  MP3 players are already iffy with them as is.  That would be awesome via wifi, however.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 04:24:53 pm »
I'm sure someone will crack the Zune so that the tunes you transfer are not restricted to 3 plays/days/whatever.

It's only a matter of time. :)
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:35:55 pm »
The RIAA would love that.  MP3 players are already iffy with them as is.  That would be awesome via wifi, however.
Well, in Canada we didn't give in to the RIAA, so it wouldn't be AS bad here.  But yeah, I'm sure they'd be pretty upset.  But, of course, just put "only share Free songs!" on the box, and it's all good.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Yet ANOTHER Zune Review..
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 04:09:04 pm »
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061112/NEWS/611120315/1001/BUSINESS

I liked this one. It was pretty in depth.

Microsoft is damn smart, too...

Songs are priced at 79 points, which some people might think means 79 cents. But 79 points actually cost 99 cents.

The sheer fact that it actually gets 12 hours of battery life (according to the review) is freakin' sexy. My iPod gets like 3. :/

* Newby can't wait for the Zune to get released!
- Newby

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Yet ANOTHER Zune Review..
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 07:01:09 pm »
The sheer fact that it actually gets 12 hours of battery life (according to the review) is freakin' sexy. My iPod gets like 3. :/
The question is, did it start out with short battery life?  New batteries are generally much better than old batteries.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 07:24:18 pm »
My iPod gets 12 hours.  Yours just sucks. :P

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 07:31:40 pm »
My nano had horrid batterylife, when my friends had great battery life. It was really strange. Maybe mine had some sort of defect.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Yet ANOTHER Zune Review..
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 07:59:32 pm »
The question is, did it start out with short battery life?  New batteries are generally much better than old batteries.

It started at about 6 hours or so.
- Newby

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 11:06:13 pm »
Poor battery management is the cause of that.  If you let the battery drain all the way out before charging it again, the battery is likely to live longer.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 11:30:51 pm »
Poor battery management is the cause of that.  If you let the battery drain all the way out before charging it again, the battery is likely to live longer.

You're right. You caught me. You know exactly what my problem was.

... the damn thing started with 6 hours. I know this because the thing was fucking DEAD at 6 hours.
- Newby

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 08:09:29 pm »
You're right. You caught me. You know exactly what my problem was.
I wasn't applying it to your situation, I was just stating.  I don't know why I quoted iago.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine