Author Topic: Regarding a topic...  (Read 12120 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding a topic...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2007, 08:23:43 pm »
So you're saying marijuana is a psychological disorder and should be treated?  Or is it use of a controlled substance and should be punished.  Hm.  Way to punish mentally unstable people, or rather, way to medicate criminals.

Hmmmmm.....

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 08:30:15 pm »
I'm in shock that you said you just about died due to lung problems, and almost in the same breath you add that you still "smoke a lot of weed."  I guess that's more proof that marijuana is an extremely addictive and dangerous drug.

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:33:17 pm by Metal Militia »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 08:33:27 pm »
I'm in shock that you said you just about died due to lung problems, and almost in the same breath you add that you still "smoke a lot of weed."  I guess that's more proof that marijuana is an extremely addictive and dangerous drug.

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place, or even a small threat? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.

Oh please.  And tobacco hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.  It's impossible to prove anything conclusively in the real world.  Keep living in denial though.  Anyone who continues to smoke after he has had a life-threatening lung problem, whether or not that was a problem related to the smoking or not, has a serious dependency issue.  Also, if you were to ask any medical doctor whether smoking marijuana would aggravate his condition, the answer would be a strong and unanimous "yes".  Further, smoking marijuana almost certainly contributed to his problem in the first place.  Perhaps you should read about the effects of smoking in regards to blood vessels and clotting. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:38:14 pm by Rule »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 08:41:19 pm »
http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/mj-health-mythology.html#myth3

You have you're facts wrong. Tobacco has been proven to cause lung cancer, while second hand smoke hasn't.

It's not whether the problem was related to smoking, it's whether smoking will threaten the problem further. If there is no threat, then there's no worries. Or, perhaps the user was ignorant and did not believe marijuana would threaten the lung problem.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:29 pm »
You obviously didn't understand my point.  Tobacco hasn't been proven to do anything, because it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE ANYTHING IN SCIENCE.

Also, I already said that marijuana smoking, or any sort of smoking directly aggravates or is in a large part responsible for his problems.  Any kind of smoking contributes to blood clotting, Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Aneurysm, Peripheral vascular disease (PVD), Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease), stroke, and circulatory problems.  This is extremely well known in the medical profession.
Just look up "smoking blood" in google, and see what you get.  This is not to mention the obvious deleterious effects on your lungs via inhaling large quantities of smoke into them.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 08:47:08 pm by Rule »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 10:43:26 pm »

Are you trying to troll? Because Cannabis is not a bad drug at all. Super_X is correct. I've done a lot of research on it. If Cannabis was such a bad drug, then there wouldn't be any Marijuana Legalization Advocates like NORML. Do you see people saying Crack or Methamphetamine should be legal? Cannabis is psychologically addictive, and it actually has a very high medicinal value. It looks like you are a victim of the propaganda spread throughout the 1930's and mid-20th century. Usually people who have never even tried it think it's bad. You probably will not read this, because it will prove you wrong, but here you go anyhow:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_myth.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_medical.shtml
http://paranoia.lycaeum.org/marijuana/facts/3-mj-myths
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729_pf.html
http://www.counterpunch.com/gardner07022005.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4286435.stm
http://www.norml.org/
http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3475

There are many more, but I won't put the time and effort into finding and pasting them, since you probably won't read any of them anyway. If you do decide, there they are. The idea that Cannabis is phsyically addictive is one of the government propaganda lies. Sure, it's not a harmless drug, but it does have benefits, and it's not even very harmful at all. Everything can harm you, even food. Nothing is harmless. Cannabis is actually one of the safest drugs, and it's illegal because of greed and racism.

http://www.cannabis.com

Have fun. And before the problem with my lungs, I didn't smoke Cannabis. In fact, directly after that it was not much, because I didn't have much interest in it. But I have insomnia, and it allows me to sleep better than any sleeping pill available. Also, Cannabis is safer than MANY legal prescription drugs. It's even safer than alcohol, which is obvious, since Alcohol causes more death per year in the U.S. than all other illegal drugs combined. Also, Cannabis has absolutely no OD potential, as you would need to smoke, or ingest hundreds of pounds of it in a very short period (about 15 minutes) to cause a fatal THC overdose. This is humanly impossible, and it has never happened. Anyway, have fun. I hope you read some of this stuff, and stop being a victim of government propaganda which had no purpose but to serve people's greed and racist ideals. There are more reasons, but none of the reasons have anything to do with the drug itself.

Thus proves my point that Cannabis is not an extremely addictive (psychologically addictive, yes, since anything can be psychologically addictive) or dangerous drug (in fact, it's not dangerous at all). In all honesty, though, I don't blame you for being ignorant about Cannabis. I, too, was ignorant and thought the same things as you. One day I decided to research it to see exactly how accurate the government was. Overwhelming scientific evidence that was covered up by the government actually points to it being one of the safest drugs in the world... even safer than many legal drugs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:16:38 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 10:44:40 pm »

Or, maybe the Marijuana wasn't a threat to his lung problem in the first place, or even a small threat? Blood clots located in your lungs aren't exactly lung cancer. Even if it was, Marijuana hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.

Oh please.  And tobacco hasn't been proven to cause a single case of lung cancer.  It's impossible to prove anything conclusively in the real world.  Keep living in denial though.  Anyone who continues to smoke after he has had a life-threatening lung problem, whether or not that was a problem related to the smoking or not, has a serious dependency issue.  Also, if you were to ask any medical doctor whether smoking marijuana would aggravate his condition, the answer would be a strong and unanimous "yes".  Further, smoking marijuana almost certainly contributed to his problem in the first place.  Perhaps you should read about the effects of smoking in regards to blood vessels and clotting. 

Sorry for the double-post, but most medical doctors are not educated about Cannabis. Tobacco has been linked to all of the diseases you listed there. Yes, any smoke you inhale has carcinogens, however THC (Delta-9 Tetrahydrocannibinol) has been found to actually help prevent cancer. Look at my previous post, and you will see a link to many things which will contradict your ignorant statements with valid scientific evidence. Sure, science isn't exact, but it beats your ignorant statements based soley on biased unscientific evidence. Read the facts, and you won't look ignorant. Because I'm sure everyone here has read your posts, and realized that none of your statements have any evidence to back up your bad claims about Cannabis. Smoke a spliff, and have a great day. And no, I am not dependent on Cannabis. I have gone months without it at times (but only to lower my tolerance so that I can get more baked :) ).

P.S. Did you know that George Washington grew hemp? :) It's in his journals.

Oops, forgot this:

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4453
and this one is important. If you don't read the ones above, at least read the following one:
http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

Aha, man, this is getting lengthy, because I keep adding on to my posts. Prohibition of Marijuana actually causes more problems than it was intended to fix. It's a huge failure, and you will see why on the link to the NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) site.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 11:23:38 pm by cheeseisfun »

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2007, 12:30:36 am »
:rolleyes:
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2007, 12:36:23 am »
Would you please stop calling me "ignorant" without knowing anything about my background at all? I'm not trying to start a fight or troll, I posted because I was concerned about what you were doing given your condition. 

I've seen a lot of the sources you've listed in other arguments, and I think since you are in a vulnerable position you would be wise to listen to physicians, and not go with the attitude that you know more than they do.  Regardless of what you tell me, or what points you make, I know that you're only doing it to justify the smoking to yourself.  Maybe you disagree with that, maybe you agree with it but want to disagree with it, whatever.  Let's not fight about it.  If I were actually to start arguing with you about this seriously, it would take all of my time.  To respond to all of the logical errors you've made would be hours worth of typing; as a brief example of what I mean, you argue that people wish to legalize marijuana therefore it is not a bad drug.  But both alcohol and tobacco are legal, and are they "not very bad"?  Further, you claim that no-one talks about legalizing other drugs.  But I've observed the opposite; most people who argue that marijuana should be legal argue that all drugs should be legal -- it just seems that it is more likely that their plea will be considered or something might be done with marijuana.  Also, I feel this government conspiracy stuff is paranoid nonsense.  It doesn't surprise me that so many marijuana users subscribe to it though, as paranoia is a conclusive side-effect of cannabis use.

In short, if you want to die soon, keep smoking pot.  Otherwise I'd suggest consulting with someone who has over 8 years of university education in the medical sciences and trust their judgment.  I honestly don't have the time to go through this sort of debate with you.  I'd be happy if you actually considered what I said rather than immediately trying to argue with it or contradict it.  You don't need to justify anything to me -- I'm not going to save the world.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:35:08 am by Rule »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 12:59:48 am »
Would you please stop calling me "ignorant" without knowing anything about my background at all? I'm not trying to start a fight or troll, I posted because I was concerned about what you were doing given your condition. 
Why are you to care how others live their lives? If some one wants to do something that doesn't effect you, why do you care.
Also, you say "[...]consulting with someone who has over 8 years or university education [...]" What makes you the expert? How much time do you spend talking to doctors about this stuff?

I don't think it should be illegal. I think that if you don't want to do it, don't.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 01:11:18 am »
Way to craft an amazingly stupid reply to a post that wasn't directed towards you, SuperX.  I could guess that you would be a pothead just by reading a few of your posts that are totally unrelated to marijuana. Your marijuana-soaked brain probably failed to grasp this, but con's situation is a bit different than most people's, given his blood condition.

edit: (Removed some background info).  My academic background is none of your business, although what I say comes from somewhat of an "expert's" or informed perspective.  I could elaborate by PM to c0n, if it would make a difference.  And of course I was referring to a physician, with added emphasis on the time they have spent rigorously studying the human body and how it is effected by various drugs.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 01:38:51 am by Rule »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 01:50:49 am »
Way to craft an amazingly stupid reply to a post that wasn't directed towards you, SuperX.  I could guess that you would be a pothead just by reading a few of your posts that are totally unrelated to marijuana. Your marijuana-soaked brain probably failed to grasp this, but con's situation is a bit different than most people's, given his blood condition.
Way too assume, congradulations on being wrong. Any how, if you've read c0n's post he had said that he started smoking pot after his condition was at a serious state. Who's to say that c0n never asked his phisician?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 02:33:32 am »
Why are you to care how others live their lives? If some one wants to do something that doesn't effect you, why do you care.
Look at the thread where Joe talks about dropping out of school (changing to home education, whatever). See how many people gave advice to him? It's the same thing here. It's true that smoking (of any kind)contributes to blood clotting and weakens the lungs, so it seems pretty logical that you oughtn't smoke if you have either type of problem.

And incidentally, I'm sure Rule knows a little about what he's talking about. Besides his education, he lives on the west coast of Canada which is pretty well known to be one of the biggest pot-smoking areas in Canada, at least.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2007, 03:09:13 am »
You obviously didn't understand my point.  Tobacco hasn't been proven to do anything, because it's IMPOSSIBLE TO PROVE ANYTHING IN SCIENCE.

Also, I already said that marijuana smoking, or any sort of smoking directly aggravates or is in a large part responsible for his problems.  Any kind of smoking contributes to blood clotting, Coronary Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Aneurysm, Peripheral vascular disease (PVD), Thromboangiitis Obliterans (Buerger's Disease), stroke, and circulatory problems.  This is extremely well known in the medical profession.
Just look up "smoking blood" in google, and see what you get.  This is not to mention the obvious deleterious effects on your lungs via inhaling large quantities of smoke into them.

I missed the part where he said he has a genetic order causing him to have thick blood. In that case, it might not be the best idea, but I've never researched that area, so I'm not going to guess.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:54 am »
I don't think it's really a topic of debate.  This whole discussion started by c0n bringing up that he thought his incomplete recovery was due to his substantial pot smoking.  It's sort of like saying, "Well, I have this condition that makes it hard for scabs to form.  My wound hasn't healed yet, maybe it's because I keep scratching at it."  Now if we apply this analogy to a life threatening condition, like c0n's, it becomes all the more shocking.

And, SuperX, your comment claiming that one shouldn't care about things that don't directly effect him/her sounds really selfish.  I'm not used to talking to people like you. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:34:03 am by Rule »