Author Topic: The Wierdest Thing You Will Ever Hear Me Ask  (Read 16588 times)

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
Re: The Wierdest Thing You Will Ever Hear Me Ask
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 11:02:56 am »
So, I'd probably take Kaleeko's lack of responses as a hint.

/signed
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 12:23:32 pm »
It's simple... things in and of nature can't help being what they are.
That, I disagree with.

I think that human nature is rather bad, by default. Humans tend to be greedy, selfish, and, like somebody said above, human males want to have sex with everything. That's how nature made us, because those are survival characteristics.

But in the modern world, we're told that those are bad attributes. So we grow up ignoring our nature and believing in things like "love" and "marriage" to the point where people think those are natural and the way it's meant to be.

Of course, tons of men cheat, and tons of marriages fall apart. That's human nature asserting itself. But a lot of them stay together, which shows that "things in and of nature CAN help being what they are".

I actually consider what you said to be a part of nature also, that is, human nature.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 04:07:59 pm »
I actually consider what you said to be a part of nature also, that is, human nature.
Which part of what I said? I talked about both sides..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 04:11:57 pm by iago »

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 10:45:54 pm »
Which part of what I said? I talked about both sides..

Oh, I meant your view on it.  Sorry, I should've clarified.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 11:46:18 pm »
It's part of human nature to prove you're right no matter how much you need to bend the truth, too.

Well, male nature. :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 12:09:05 pm »
All of this generalizing about males has really started to vex me. Have any of you postulated that these "general male characteristics" are attributes of you, and you alone?

Joe, I do not need to prove I am right no matter what, and I am not fucked up. Furious, I am not intrinsically "uber horny". Super X and Crazed, I do not understand how you can attest that boys and people in general are fucked up. These generalizations are unwarranted and ineffectual. Trust, not all guys need to put up a front to get laid, and it is definitely not proven to be instinctive. We are not wild animals, not even in the heat of passion. Unless you hold some degree in Sociology or something of that nature, how can you possibly assert that males are only driven by their dick? Frankly, I do not believe anyone here (including me) know the true idiosyncrasies of human nature, because for every example given, I can conjure numerous counterexamples.

Regardless, none of this seems to actually remedy the situation. Blaming her breakup on male nature is a clichéd and persistent tactic used to cheer a disconsolate girl, but I have noticed that it does not seem to work, it only projects you as an understanding male who empathizes with her frustration of men. Maybe instead of trying to subconsciously win yourself into her favor (*cough* Joe, ZeroX), you might actually give her advice that matters? However, the fault is not all yours. Kaleeko loaded the question by assuming that all boys were fucked up in the first place. I sympathize with her situation, but blaming it on boys is not going to ameliorate the predicament, and might only make it worse. Truthfully, to provide actual advice, everyone here should know much more about David(the ex-boyfriend) and the relationship as a whole. Exactly how long were they dating? How long after they started dating did they wait to have sex? Would he usually say things such as "I love you" unprovoked, or would he say it because she had or maybe just to win her consideration? What other evidence are there of him genuinely loving her? When they talked about their distant futures, was he the one who brought it up, or was it her? If he did, did he seem sincerely excited? There are so many questions to be asked if we want to effectively help the situation, and itt would be preferable if we actually knew David/Kaleeko, since it would answer most, if not all, these essential questions. That is the predominant reason why asking for help over the internet is generally a bad idea. It is not just because everyone here is an immature boy-nerd, or whatever explanation is generally flaunted. Many people here seem to be in deep, committed relationships (MyndFyre, unTactical, possibly Hitmen???), so that our maturity (or lack thereof), is obviously not the problem. Kaleeko probably understands this, and that could be why there has not been a response as of late.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 01:34:02 pm »
All of this generalizing about males has really started to vex me. Have any of you postulated that these "general male characteristics" are attributes of you, and you alone?

Crazed, I do not understand how you can attest people in general are fucked up.
What other social group of beings will intentionally and pointlessly kill members of its own group?
What other social group of beings has the awareness of others but still is able to betray the trust of others?

People, in general, are fucked up.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 01:38:52 pm »

Crazed, I do not understand how you can attest people in general are fucked up.
What other social group of beings will intentionally and pointlessly kill members of its own group?
What other social group of beings has the awareness of others but still is able to betray the trust of others?

People, in general, are fucked up.

All that means is that many people have the capability of doing atrocious things, not that every single individual is "fucked up". Somehow, I do not believe you understand what I am saying. You are generalizing, which in some cases, is not a good thing.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 01:40:26 pm »
I didnt say everyone did it, I generalized (like you said).
Just because its a generalization doesnt mean its not true

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »

Ugh..do you know what you're doing? You're automatically assuming that the person in question(David), is fucked up, due to your generalization that all people are fucked up! That is not even logical. You have no proof to back that up. Your statement about killing and betraying proves nothing.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 02:02:05 pm »

Ugh..do you know what you're doing? You're automatically assuming that the person in question(David), is fucked up, due to your generalization that all people are fucked up! That is not even logical. You have no proof to back that up. Your statement about killing and betraying proves nothing.
I didnt say he WAS, I dont know the dude.  I'm just saying its quite possible

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 02:47:16 pm »

You're 15.  When you hit puberty feel free to come back and talk.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 02:58:51 pm »
Yeah, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. When you stop assuming things and start growing up, maybe then someone can hold an intelligent discussion with you.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 03:27:31 pm »
Yeah, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. When you stop assuming things and start growing up, maybe then someone can hold an intelligent discussion with you.

Really? Odd.  I'm the one in the long term meaningful relationship, I have a daughter, and I am the person people generally come to when they are having problems.  But hey, I'll listen to the middle schooler who has way more life experience then me.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 03:50:32 pm »
Ah I see, you're the one people come to. Probably not because you've had some major problems in your life, such as unexpected pregnancies (Hmm, I'm probably inferring too much about something I don't know about; sound familiar?). You're obviously not a very smart person if you think I'm still in middle school at 15 years, but I would not expect that from so biased and ignorant. Someone at 25 can argue that at your age, your meaningful relationship is probably not as "meaningful" as it seems. Regardless of my age, you have absolutely no idea what life I have led, or what things I have experienced. Immigrating at a young age and being poor for a large portion of your life forces you to grow up very fast. Obviously, you would know nothing about that, since you don't know or care about my past or anything that provides evidence supporting my claims. Nothing I have said requires me to be 5 years older and have a damn kid. It is quite evident that there are some things that you need to be older to speak authoritatively about, but that definitely does not apply here. Love is something that can be experienced at a young age, it just so happens that at one's youth, you more often identify lust as love. Most of my classmates and friends are at least 17, and I can honestly say that some act as immature as my 6 year old cousin. However, there are those that act more mature than my teachers.

Speaking of age, isn't Kaleeko a mere two years older? I haven't seen you say that she is clueless adolescent who doesn't know what she is talking about. Maybe seeing someone younger who has something good to say pisses you off. Or maybe in your life most of the younger people you've met have been hopelessly immature. If that is the case, I feel sorry for you, since you are living in a secluded, nescient world where you cannot even acknowledge logical and truthful advice from someone younger(and indubitably less mature) than you. Honestly, when some here express distaste towards you for being so young and a father, I usually sympathize and understand your situation. For you to turn around and do the same to me fills me with disgust.