Author Topic: Might start WoW  (Read 22040 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Might start WoW
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2007, 07:52:33 pm »
SM and ZF give hella bars.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2007, 09:01:35 pm »
I had a lot more fun questing than running instances. I tried every instance I could at least once, but none of them were really that awesome to me. I want to say the best one I ever ran was Blackfathom Depths; I just loved it there.
errr... something like that...

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2007, 10:11:46 pm »
I had a lot more fun questing than running instances. I tried every instance I could at least once, but none of them were really that awesome to me. I want to say the best one I ever ran was Blackfathom Depths; I just loved it there.

lol.. You can't be serious. I hate that instance. I still get lost in there, and I have Atlas... though, any instance that requires anything underwater just drives me crazy. Water = pain.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2007, 10:54:49 pm »
yall are all noobs at leveling. cmon. never run an instance over and over if youre trying to gain like several levels. the only time id ever settle for instance runs while leveling was if i needed like a guaranteed 4 or 5 bars, and the only instance i ever got that much from was ZF, in tanaris. just keep questing. itll get annoying at times but it's the best way to level quickly. i was like 45 or almsot 50 with only 6 days of played time. i slowed down after 50 because the person i quested with mostof the time got a few levels ahead of me while i was sick one day, but even solo questing from 50 to 70 got me there with 19 days of total 1-70 /played time.
/agreed

Solo questing ftw.  I don't really do instances unless I have a quest, I need the rep, or theres an uber item I want in there.  I usually quit after about the 3rd try of an instance if the item doesn't drop.  :p
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:57:33 pm by WiReS »

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2007, 10:59:54 pm »
Solo questing ftw.  I don't really do instances unless I have a quest, I need the rep, or theres an uber item I want in there.  I usually quit after about the 3rd try of an instance if the item doesn't drop.  :p
Questing with a friend is usually faster, more interesting, and easier.  :-\

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2007, 12:16:10 am »
You never even hit 60, which is where the good instances began.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2007, 12:27:00 am »
Which is actually a problem I had with WoW. Why should I have to get to 60 before I experience the "good" instances? Shouldn't there be awesome things to do at all levels?

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2007, 12:56:41 am »
Which is actually a problem I had with WoW. Why should I have to get to 60 before I experience the "good" instances? Shouldn't there be awesome things to do at all levels?
When you reach the level cap you can't go any higher so there won't be any new content, so blizzard has to provide a way to keep you playing at that level cap. So... blizzard spends more time on end game content to keep people playing! Otherwise why spend that time on content you surpass through leveling?

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2007, 01:24:16 am »
When you reach the level cap you can't go any higher so there won't be any new content, so blizzard has to provide a way to keep you playing at that level cap. So... blizzard spends more time on end game content to keep people playing! Otherwise why spend that time on content you surpass through leveling?
Wait a second. You mean questing around getting crappy rewards isn't enough to keep people playing? So, you're saying that as long as the person is levelling up and will eventually have no need to go to that place, it's fine to provide sub-par content? I think there should be awesome things to do at all levels, not just the level cap. Promises of better content later really just don't do it for me.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:07 am »
Wait a second. You mean questing around getting crappy rewards isn't enough to keep people playing? So, you're saying that as long as the person is levelling up and will eventually have no need to go to that place, it's fine to provide sub-par content? I think there should be awesome things to do at all levels, not just the level cap. Promises of better content later really just don't do it for me.
I don't consider that sub-par -.-. I think that content is at par, and level cap content is above par, so maybe in comparison it does.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2007, 06:13:28 am »
yall are all noobs at leveling. cmon. never run an instance over and over if youre trying to gain like several levels. the only time id ever settle for instance runs while leveling was if i needed like a guaranteed 4 or 5 bars, and the only instance i ever got that much from was ZF, in tanaris. just keep questing. itll get annoying at times but it's the best way to level quickly. i was like 45 or almsot 50 with only 6 days of played time. i slowed down after 50 because the person i quested with mostof the time got a few levels ahead of me while i was sick one day, but even solo questing from 50 to 70 got me there with 19 days of total 1-70 /played time.

I normally have all of my WF quests done by 17, and the majority of quests in Redridge can't be solo'd at 17 ( efficiently ), so running The Deadmines is not only the fastest way to level ( I gain at LEAST 1/3 level rested each run ) but you get a chance at getting better gear.  And out of everyone, the guy who leveled ONE character to 70 is trying to tell us how to level?  ???
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2007, 08:54:19 am »
Questing with a friend is usually faster, more interesting, and easier.  :-\
May be more interesting, but I find it faster/easier to go solo.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2007, 02:43:21 pm »
I normally have all of my WF quests done by 17, and the majority of quests in Redridge can't be solo'd at 17 ( efficiently ), so running The Deadmines is not only the fastest way to level ( I gain at LEAST 1/3 level rested each run ) but you get a chance at getting better gear.  And out of everyone, the guy who leveled ONE character to 70 is trying to tell us how to level?  ???

Sure. I've also leveled a warrior to 60, about a year and a half ago. I have tons of 20-30 characters. I practically watched my roommate level his mage to 70, and have played on it when needed in raids, from time to time. But, all that aside, I'm just naturally better at the game than you, I guess. :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:46:36 pm by warz »
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »

Sure. I've also leveled a warrior to 60, about a year and a half ago. I have tons of 20-30 characters. I practically watched my roommate level his mage to 70, and have played on it when needed in raids, from time to time. But, all that aside, I'm just naturally better at the game than you, I guess. :P

Lol.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2007, 02:12:50 pm »

I usually head to Loch Modon after finishing quests in Westfall.
Hitmen: art is gay