Author Topic: Virginia Tech Shooting  (Read 15453 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Virginia Tech Shooting
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 11:27:36 pm »
i was watching the news and it said the guy shot pistols so my question is...why would he use a pistol when he has subs and rifles in his possession? makes no sense to me; i mean if he really wanted to kill people he would use a BFG not some crummy pistol. http://vt.facebook.com/photos.php?id=6202368&l=d1b29 well thats my opinion but the real shooter has not been identified yet so no jumping to conclusions.
Pistols are more personal. It's like a psychological thing.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 11:36:44 pm »

Pistols are more personal. It's like a psychological thing.

true.. but if he wanted to see the people's faces as they dies why not use a knife or a cross bow... that has more "o you shot me" effect

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 11:39:32 pm »
Yeah, I don't think there should ever be handguns allowed on a college campus...
outta curiosity, why?

arent college students generally more reasonable than non-educated and ignorant types?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2007, 11:46:30 pm »
outta curiosity, why?

arent college students generally more reasonable than non-educated and ignorant types?

Because it's an inherently high-stress environment.  Most other places are too, I guess, but in college, you're under constant and explicit evaluation.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 12:00:05 am »
outta curiosity, why?

Because it's an inherently high-stress environment.  Most other places are too, I guess, but in college, you're under constant and explicit evaluation.
...and things like surgery and accounting and defending aren't stressful?  I'd argue those can be and are more stressful in general because you have a life our your livelihood at risk

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 12:13:16 am »
outta curiosity, why?

...and things like surgery and accounting and defending aren't stressful?  I'd argue those can be and are more stressful in general because you have a life our your livelihood at risk

You can carry a gun around a hospital and in an account firm?  If you're using "defending" as a reference to cops, they need firearms no matter how difficult the situation is, if you ask me... that's a silly example.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 12:23:06 am »
According to police the guy in the facebook link IS NOT THE PERP.  I kind of feel bad for that dude because he's even made it on FoxNews and although they say confirmed and stated that he was not the perp, they still showed him and suggested that he could have been the perp.  Granted they blurred his face and his name.

He might enjoy the publicity though.  I just feel it's wrong to do so.

EDIT:  Yes, I know how extremely conservatively biased and just pretty bad of a news channel FoxNews is.  I like to watch it simply for that because I like to know what the most watched news channel in America is cramming into the heads of the unintelligent and/or gullible masses of America.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:26:35 am by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:40 am »
i see his facebook picture is changed to something rather solemn

...my friend just read that the asian dude got death threats on facebook!
HAHAHAHHA, who threatens a mass murderer who already killed themself?!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:35:39 am by CrAz3D »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 12:37:26 am »

Dumb people. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 12:45:16 am »
I'd argue that you're more at risk when everybody's armed. At least if somebody goes crazy, he has to go home, get his gun, and come back. Hopefully by then, he's calmed down. But if he's already armed, there might be a "spur of the moment" tragedy.

I don't think people should be allowed to carry concealed weapons anywhere for that reason (among others).

And incidentally, if it took professional police/sharp shooters 2 hours to bring him down, do you really think untrained (or less-trained) civilians would have had more luck? There's a good chance that they'd injure somebody else or get themselves killed if they'd tried.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:57:40 am by iago »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 01:29:00 am »

Dumb people. :P

Aka, users of Facebook.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:45 am »
so this is the story as i have heard it on the news and on the radio:

so the killer started at his girlfriends dorm (the night before they got in a huge fight) at the dorm he killed 2 people (his girlfriend and the RA who was trying to calm the shooter down) after that the shooter waited 2 hours and headed towards the school to some class rooms. i have heard reports that the shooter guy chained the  exits shut so thats kinda freaky. then he went to two rooms to shoot people. when he went to the rooms kids were jumping out of the windows for their lifes. There was also one guy that played dead (very smart dude) while others were being mowed down. the shooter then went to another class where he did the same thing. professors were also targets of the shooting. after his rampage he killed  himself.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 09:39:25 am »
And incidentally, if it took professional police/sharp shooters 2 hours to bring him down, do you really think untrained (or less-trained) civilians would have had more luck? There's a good chance that they'd injure somebody else or get themselves killed if they'd tried.
...where did you read/hear that?
All day I heard that he took his own life in Norris Hall after chaining the doors shut and killing most people in there.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 09:49:55 am »
The VT administration really fucked up.

You have people dead after the first shooting. The killer is at large.  Why didn't they put it on lockdown?  Sigh.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2007, 11:56:20 am »
I pray for the Friends and Familes of the 32 victims that were killed.

FYI after he went to the Engineering building and killed the rset on his rampage he took his own life.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.