Author Topic: Good healer?  (Read 16536 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
Re: Good healer?
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 05:45:13 pm »
@MM:

How can you gauge how hard healing is by such a small part of the game like raids?

Tanking is hard and even harder in raids, which makes it hard all of the time as opposed to only endgame content which most guilds or people don't even get to for a while.
So tanking, overall is a harder thing to do.

Maybe next time I'm tanking I should just let the healers take aggro, it'd probably be easy for them to heal themselves right?

Ooh, so healing ramps up when you start raiding? Big whoop.

Respec+Heal my tanking ass.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 06:24:31 pm »
I don't even consider the rest of the game as part of the game. It's just training. End game PvP and PvE is what the game is about. Since I'm a pally, I've done both tanking and healing for end game raids, and I can definitely tell you which is easier.

As for tanking and healing at the same time? The other day, since my main tank sucked ass, I grew aggro on a boss fight in Kara even though I'm a paladin (pally heals generate low aggro). He actually couldn't get aggro off of me, and I just kept healing myself, and we downed the boss.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 09:18:14 pm »
I don't even consider the rest of the game as part of the game. It's just training. End game PvP and PvE is what the game is about. Since I'm a pally, I've done both tanking and healing for end game raids, and I can definitely tell you which is easier.

Not everyone thinks of it like that, nor can anyone get into a Raiding guild worth anything.  Fact is: Tanking is harder than Healer overall. Forget what the last 10% of the Game is like when compared to the other 90%
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:12 pm »
The last 10% of the game is when it's actually hard, and is what is updated constantly. So fucking what if the rest of the game both healing and tanking are really easy, but tanking is a little bit harder.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2007, 07:22:54 am »
Therefore Tanking is harder than Healer more than Healer is harder than tanking. I right in my original statement

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2007, 07:50:08 am »
Therefore Tanking is harder than Healer more than Healer is harder than tanking. I right in my original statement

Healing on your  > 20 BE priest, or your friends 70 shadow priest isn't healing.  Oh, and if you were spec'd to tank, it'd probably be a lot easier.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2007, 08:01:25 am »
Well, I played Sidoh's priest in a few ZG pugs, and having never played an end-game priest before, and only watching the bars and tossing a heal to anyone, anywhere in the raid, when I said I had to go everyone was like "No! Stay!" (so, of course, I did :P). I suppose because I was wearing tier2 in ZG, and it'd be harder if we were still learning the bosses and whatnot, but I found healing ridiculously easy.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2007, 08:29:57 am »

Healing on your  > 20 BE priest, or your friends 70 shadow priest isn't healing.  Oh, and if you were spec'd to tank, it'd probably be a lot easier.

My friends 70 Priest is holy first of all. I just respec Xalis fury yesterday to help me with my leveling.

I don't see how that's relevant anyhow.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2007, 09:45:23 am »
And like I said before, it doesn't matter because you're comparing 2 really easy things. It's like saying touching your nose is harder than touching your lips. It just doesn't mean anything.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2007, 01:59:09 pm »
I must of been really tired when I wrote that, so many grammer/spelling errors.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2007, 03:06:22 pm »

grammar*

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2007, 03:31:45 pm »

grammar*

To be fair, I was tired there too :P

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2007, 05:44:55 am »

grammar*

To be fair, I was tired there too :P

Just giving you shit :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2007, 08:34:47 am »
None of this matters anymore. SC2.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2007, 01:31:12 pm »
None of this matters anymore. SC2.

True that.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.