Author Topic: Thinkin gas prices are high now?  (Read 4030 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 06:29:46 pm by CrAz3D »

trust

Re: Thinkin gas prices were high now?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 06:22:36 pm »
As much I hate high taxes on big business, because the cost inevitably is passed on to the consumer...I think this may be good for America. We need to start utilizing cleaner energy, and that's something I'm really a proponent for. It may be because I live in a large city and see the water extremely polluted and breath in heavy dirty gray air that makes me think this way, but it's just not right for our environment to look the way it does.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Thinkin gas prices are high now?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 06:30:30 pm »
x2
BIODIESEL!!!

Or hydrogen if they can somehow get it goin real good.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:40:17 pm »
From what I understand, no matter what kind of organic fuel you burn (biodiesel included), it releases the same amount of pollution. However, taking power away from traditional oil companies is a good thing.

My friend just got back from Europe, and he was very impressed with their mass transit system. People don't HAVE to drive there, and a lot of fuel is saved, which is good because it's very expensive (from what I'm told). Hopefully Canada and the US will start to adopt mass-transit systems (trains, LRT, trams, busses, etc)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:42:36 pm »
biodiesel puts out less bad emissions total than ethanol or gasoline.
ethanol puts out less co2 but more other things that are arguably worse, as I've read

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 12:57:54 am »
From what I understand, no matter what kind of organic fuel you burn (biodiesel included), it releases the same amount of pollution. However, taking power away from traditional oil companies is a good thing.

My friend just got back from Europe, and he was very impressed with their mass transit system. People don't HAVE to drive there, and a lot of fuel is saved, which is good because it's very expensive (from what I'm told). Hopefully Canada and the US will start to adopt mass-transit systems (trains, LRT, trams, busses, etc)

The Ontario Premiere (is an idiot, oh and he) just released a plan for a better transit system for Ontario.  I think it might just be the GTA, but whatever, better transit is better transit.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 01:14:57 am »
Grand Theft Auto?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 09:08:57 am »
Grand Theft Auto?
my thoughts exactly

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Thinkin gas prices were high now?
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
As much I hate high taxes on big business, because the cost inevitably is passed on to the consumer...I think this may be good for America. We need to start utilizing cleaner energy, and that's something I'm really a proponent for. It may be because I live in a large city and see the water extremely polluted and breath in heavy dirty gray air that makes me think this way, but it's just not right for our environment to look the way it does.

We don't get that here in VA Beach *shrug*
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 10:09:26 pm »
Hopefully Canada and the US will start to adopt mass-transit systems (trains, LRT, trams, busses, etc)
Every major city I have ever been to has at least one mass transit system in place.  Generally the more congested, geographically concentrated cities have the better systems.  In some cities, like Chicago or Seattle, its not even feasible to drive a car in town (albeit due to traffic congestion).  I haven't been to london or paris, but from what I'm told its very similar there for the same reasons.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:20 pm »
Hopefully Canada and the US will start to adopt mass-transit systems (trains, LRT, trams, busses, etc)
Every major city I have ever been to has at least one mass transit system in place.  Generally the more congested, geographically concentrated cities have the better systems.  In some cities, like Chicago or Seattle, its not even feasible to drive a car in town (albeit due to traffic congestion).  I haven't been to london or paris, but from what I'm told its very similar there for the same reasons.

I've been to both and the traffic congestion truly is terrible. The only types of vehicles you'll see there on the roads besides the transit vehicles will be the BMW's and the Mercedes, mostly only the people that are wealthy will actually drive, everyone else takes the underground or the buses.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce