Author Topic: Post your schedule!  (Read 30841 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
School Timetable
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 11:31:38 pm »
Well, I just got my school timetable today. It's all fucked up like usual. Apparently I only get two academic classes a day.  :D This has happened every single year at my school -- they just can't seem to get anything right.

I'll post it when everything gets sorted out.

P.S.: Oh yeah, they added another class to my daily schedule this year. Sucks ass.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:37:29 pm by Killer360 »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Post your schedule!
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2007, 11:31:52 am »
Unfortunately, that's pretty much unavoidable.  I think speech is offered MWF.  I might switch to that, but I sort of like having MWF to do homework and study.
oooh.  I schedule everything that I can in the mornings so that I can work in the afternoons.  MWF I figure I'll end up being a half hour late to work as my class ends at 1230 and works starts at 1 (I need time to drive home and eat).  It seems sad that I'm driving the whole 2 miles to class MWF, but if I don't that's 20 minutes killed each day.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2007, 10:46:40 pm »
1. AP Music Theory (choir)
2. AP English Language
3. AP Gov't/Politics
4. Peer tutoring for a pre-calc class (supposed to be taking AP Calc BC instead, but it was only offered 1st period, the period the choir I am in is)
5. AP Psychology
Nvm, instead of being a peer tutor, I just sit in the honors pre-calc class and learn the shit on my own like I would in the AP Calc AB class, so 4th period is now AP Calc. BC

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 12:26:50 am »
I dont even know which classes I have tomorrow to bring the books for.  I'm just guessing off of my best recollection of when I bought books ::)

eh well

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2007, 03:02:50 pm »
MATH 2433 CAL/ANLY GEOM III
MWF 01:30 PM - 02:20 PM

METR 2011 INTRO-METR I LAB
M 03:45 PM - 05:45 PM

METR 2013 INTRO-METEOROLOGY I   
TR 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM

PHYS 1321 GEN PHYSICS LAB II
R 07:00 PM - 09:20 PM

PHYS 2524 GEN PHYS FOR ENGRS
MWF 11:30 AM - 12:20 PM

PHYS 2524 DISC-PHYS 2524
T 09:30 AM - 10:20 AM

This is my lovely schedule. Discussion for physics is optional(read: I won't be going) so thats kinda nice. But the other stuff will be kinda nasty. I also work part time (for $8/hour :( ) whenever I can which hopefully will be a bit since my cubicle is 3 floors above my Intro to Metr I class and a floor below the Intro to Metr I Lab.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 12:18:01 pm »
Subject to change (and most likely will):
ENGL 335, MWF 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM
Math 123, MTWR 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM
JAPN 201, TR 7:00 PM - 8:20 PM
LANG 180-002 (Japanese Writing II), TBA

I've got a few other courses lined up right now, but I need to work everything out with my advisor.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 12:35:16 am »
Subject to change (and most likely will):
ENGL 335, MWF 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM
Math 123, MTWR 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM
JAPN 201, TR 7:00 PM - 8:20 PM
LANG 180-002 (Japanese Writing II), TBA

I've got a few other courses lined up right now, but I need to work everything out with my advisor.
What are you majoring in?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2007, 12:55:08 am »
Engineering.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:15 pm »
Engineering.
Yet you're taking no engineering classes?

What kind of engineering?

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2007, 02:31:23 pm »

Not knowing what year rabbit is in, I can't really speak for him. However, at my school, you don't really get into the engineering courses until the junior year. Up until then, it's just a lot of prerequisite science and math. Also, we're encouraged to get all of our general studies requirements out of the way during the first two years as well.
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2007, 03:52:14 pm »
I'm General Engineering Major now (Engineering for people that can't pick a major, really) and I'm trying to decide if I want to minor in Japanese.  I'm interested in nanoscale swarm intelligence as well as Number Theory, so I'm sort of stuck between (in no particular order):
1) Materials Engineering (Nano stuff)
2) Computer Science (AI stuff, also, stuff like this)
3) Electrical Engineering (Nano stuff, plus it's only 6 courses short of Computer Science double major)
4) Specialized Engineering (working 1 on 1 with a professor, as it happens, a nano genius is a professor in the CoE, Yuri Gogotsi)
5) Number Theory

Also, as drake stated, I'm getting my electives done now and I'm also working on a lot of the intro and prereq courses.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 03:54:47 pm by rabbit »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2007, 05:13:14 pm »

Not knowing what year rabbit is in, I can't really speak for him. However, at my school, you don't really get into the engineering courses until the junior year. Up until then, it's just a lot of prerequisite science and math. Also, we're encouraged to get all of our general studies requirements out of the way during the first two years as well.
Wow, our engineering college is ridiculously intense, then.
From class 1 the school sets out what you take to accomplish your degree.  Also, most electives are engineering related.  Your schedule is basically set for the entire 4+ years you'll be there (it usually takes people about 5 years to complete their engineering degree, but they end up with a minor in math usually).
It is by far the most intense college on our campus.
However, it is also the most notable college on our campus as well.  It conintually brings in big name companies for recruiting and we also have a lot of government contracts/research being done at the school.  And even still, it is the Electrical school (not mechanical or civil) that bears the reputation.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2007, 05:17:55 pm »
Doesn't your university have a core curriculum which is required by all colleges?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2007, 05:57:41 pm »
All universities with an accredited engineering degree have certain requirements set by the respective engineering division (IEEE, ASCE, etc) and must keep the requirements up to date and meet the guidelines set to keep accredited status (without it, a degree means squat).  And electrical engineering is taking a lot of the contracts now because the reasoning is that with better computers/technology, every other division of engineering will be able to make better things (which isn't entirely true).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2007, 06:11:26 pm »
I forgot to mention this, but I'm pretty sure Drexel is a pretty damn good school (directed at crazed, not rabbit).  They caught my attention when they were awarding scholarships at science fair, anyway. :P