Author Topic: Dorm Rooms  (Read 4329 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Dorm Rooms
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:26:42 pm »
I saw that Trust posted pictures of his dorm rooms in one of the stickied topics, but since we have quite a few people attending college here, I figured more might want to do the same.  Here's a place for it!

Here are some pictures of mine:

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Dorm Rooms
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:30:08 pm »
Were those shitty ass desks provided to you?  How sad ;(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:42:04 pm »
Were those shitty ass desks provided to you?  How sad ;(

Yep.  They're really not that bad, especially considering I have two of them (one for my computer, one for homework).

The dorm rooms are pretty run down, but it doesn't really bother me.  I have a room to myself, which is awesome.  I can do what I want without having to worry about it bothering my roommate.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:44:08 pm »
Keep those windows covered :S. Your laptop looks ripe for the picking when looking in.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:09:12 pm »
Keep those windows covered :S. Your laptop looks ripe for the picking when looking in.

My blinds are almost always closed.

Even still, it's reasonably hard to get into the halls without being a resident of the building.  There are card access readers that you have to get passed in order to enter both the building and the hall.  Plus, I'm pretty sure it registers your name or some other sort of traceable identification when they are used.  You could wait for someone else to open the door, but even then, the locks on the rooms are pretty heavy duty.

I'm bored, so I took some pictures of the cards.  I can take some of the readers, but I'm pretty sure they're common around other universities.

Offline chuck

• Canadian Biathlete
    • View Profile
    • Chucks Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:14:44 pm »
Pretty nice looking, even the desks look OK compared to the PBJ ones I've bought.

And you even get a nice view! I'm in a basement room at my house with no windows, although some are going in soon, I will only see the side of my neighbors house.

And by the way, why are recyclable containers in the garbage can?
Chucks Blog
JavaOp2 Plugins

Error, keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:27:38 pm »
Pretty nice looking, even the desks look OK compared to the PBJ ones I've bought.

And you even get a nice view! I'm in a basement room at my house with no windows, although some are going in soon, I will only see the side of my neighbors house.

And by the way, why are recyclable containers in the garbage can?

The view is a lot better than the one I had last year of a parking lot, lol.  The main advantage of this building (to me, anyway) is that it's a lot closer to the center to the rest of the campus.

I've never gotten into the "habit" of recycling.  The town I live in doesn't have a recycling center and it's way too much trouble to drive 50 miles every time we need to empty a bin or something.  There are two trash containers in the room.  I presume one is for recycling, but isn't it necessary to separate plastic from paper from aluminum, etc?  I don't want to do that.  Maybe I'll just recycle the type of material I dispose of most, which is plastic, I think.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 07:42:57 pm »
TV on the mini-fridge = awesome.

I do it, too.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 07:48:43 pm »
TV on the mini-fridge = awesome.

I do it, too.

Haha :D

It saves room and the bother of packing around another stand!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:36 pm »
Those cards are identical to the ones I've had at most of my jobs. My current one has a picture of me glued on, but it's slowly peeling off, so it offers no real security.

For recycling, it depends on the company. Where I lived in Winnipeg, you would throw your recyclables all into a bluebox and put it out with your garbage. They would pick it up and, I assume, sort it and everything. It's pretty handy.

Here in Calgary, you have to separate it all and bring it down to a dropoff site, which isn't a short walk for me. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 08:04:11 pm »
I've never gotten into the "habit" of recycling.

THANK YOU! Out of my entire history class last year, I was the only one who didn't recycle.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 11:43:05 pm »
When I was in Japan, I pretty much recycled all the trash I had. Why? Because it was really easy to do so; they had bins for each type of trash all over.

Edit: However, in my hometown, I didn't. It would have been too much of a pain because there really isn't a convenient recycling place.

Edit again :): The room looks really dreary. Get some bright posters.  :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:51:52 pm by dark_drake »
errr... something like that...

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 11:57:45 pm »
Also, coinage in Japan is made out of recycled metals :P

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 11:59:19 pm »
When I was in Japan, I pretty much recycled all the trash I had. Why? Because it was really easy to do so; they had bins for each type of trash all over.

Edit: However, in my hometown, I didn't. It would have been too much of a pain because there really isn't a convenient recycling place.
I use that same reasoning when I litter. :O
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Chromium Bass

• Giggity Giggity Goo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 02:40:29 am »
Sidoh you should post pics of the apartment since thats my "dorm" room =D