Author Topic: Chinese Military hack into Pentagon  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Chinese Military hack into Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:51:50 am »
I call BS. If anything, a bot or worm on a Chinese government computer propagated to a computer in the US government.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:11:45 am »
I call BS. If anything, a bot or worm on a Chinese government computer propagated to a computer in the US government.
"US pwned by China" sounds way less bad than "US pwned by 14 year old script kiddie from beijing"
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:25:22 am »
The script kiddie doesn't have an arsenal :)

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:27 am »

It isn't too farfetched considering the chinese were responsible for breaking the SHA and MD family of message digests ... as well as other security related things.  These guys seem like they are out to get us.
Then again, that UK fellow was able to login to govt machines with blank passwords, so maybe not ...
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 10:04:47 am »

It isn't too farfetched considering the chinese were responsible for breaking the SHA and MD family of message digests ... as well as other security related things.  These guys seem like they are out to get us.
Then again, that UK fellow was able to login to govt machines with blank passwords, so maybe not ...

It's not totally farfetched, but in all the work I've done in this field, I've never seen an actual targeted attack that obviously came from China and that wasn't bot-/worm-related.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 10:52:18 am »
It's not totally farfetched, but in all the work I've done in this field, I've never seen an actual targeted attack that obviously came from China and that wasn't bot-/worm-related.

Have you worked at the Pentagon, though? ;D

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:41:17 am »

Have you worked at the Pentagon, though? ;D

I've never worked there in person, but I'm under an NDA as to who we monitor data for. That's all I can say. :)

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 10:25:39 pm »
There was a case where a group of Chinese ambassadors ran a security checkpoint at home. They said they were going to the museums, nevermind the fact that its not the marked route. Security loved it though because they got to chase them down with the 50 cals and all that good stuff ;)

Point is the Chinese aren't that bright, so theres no way they haxx0red the Pentagon :p
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham