Author Topic: Mail dont work  (Read 4437 times)

Offline xgreedyx

• View Profile
    • The Art Of War
Mail dont work
« on: November 10, 2007, 06:07:30 am »
I have searched these threads and everything go's back to 2005-2006. I tryed testing the mail out and it says it sent and when user enters chat room it says they have mail. To recieve mail it says type: .getmail

It don't work and I noticed alot of other commands don't work even with all the plugins on. Am I doing something wrong or do these not work? I have googled my ass off for different javaop2 plugins and only found 2, "silent scripts, web". I can only find Javaop2 disscussed here and I am unable to find any answer.
It Is What It Is...... With Out The Playa There Would Be No GAME!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Mail dont work
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 01:12:02 am »
I'm not sure exactly why it wouldn't work, or where to even start looking. When I rewrote portions of it, I didn't code anything related to the plugin structure or the mail plugin, so I believe iago would probably be able to look in to it.

The only thing I can say right away, though, is to make sure your trigger is really a period.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:13:33 am by Joe[x86] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline xgreedyx

• View Profile
    • The Art Of War
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:55:37 am »
Yea I checked and the trigger is set to .

Weird I checked my server and seen the, "_GlobalMail.mail" file and it had my message stored in it. But as I stated in 1st post .getmail is just not working. I have tryed it on Windows & Linux with JavaOP2. I would love to see  some of the talented programers here, update or post there plugins for all to share. It seems this is the only place for a working bot for linux and the sad thing is, there are not alot of addons for it  ;D ;D

I thought everone hated windows, and wished death apon them. But yet programers keep making software for a garbage OS!! I wish that storm worm had took over so everyone would have abandoned Microsoft. And we could all enjoy linux. hehe  ;)

Code: [Select]
# /home/xgreedyx/.javaop2/_GlobalMail.mail
# Also stored  in: /root/.javaop2-tmp-0.4914254037621667
# Created on: Sat Nov 10 01:23:01 EST 2007
# By: xgreedyx
# Comment: This is the mail messages.  One section per user.

[4(2)0@useast]
_current id=1
date-1=Sat Nov 10 01:23:01 EST 2007
from-1=l)ruGs(R)Us@USEast
msg-1=Test fool

[default]

[l)rugs(r)us]
_current id=1
date-1=Sat Nov 10 01:12:55 EST 2007
from-1=4(2)0@USEast
msg-1=This is a test fool

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:53:12 am »
Hehe, that's not very nice! I personally use and program for Windows Vista, but I've made it my goal that everything is written for the .NET framework, thus it can be used on Linux if people would like.

So anyhow, someone is writing JavaOp3 right now. But all I know is that it's an unknown someone.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:59:18 pm »
I thought everone hated windows, and wished death apon them. But yet programers keep making software for a garbage OS!! I wish that storm worm had took over so everyone would have abandoned Microsoft. And we could all enjoy linux. hehe  ;)

I get emails every couple of days listing new vulnerabilities found in Linux.  I certainly agree that Windows is cumbersome sometimes, but it's silly to think the world would be a better place if we all switched to Linux.  It has its uses and I hope I don't have to explain that it can do things that Linux can't.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 02:50:40 pm »

How is it a "garbage" OS? This is the sound of me growling at you.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »

I get emails every couple of days listing new vulnerabilities found in Linux.  I certainly agree that Windows is cumbersome sometimes, but it's silly to think the world would be a better place if we all switched to Linux.  It has its uses and I hope I don't have to explain that it can do things that Linux can't.

The emails you get are probably programs in Linux more frequently than Linux itself. But that's splitting hairs. :P

In any case, the bot was designed and written on Linux and with Linux in mind, the majority of the users (when I was writing it, anyways) were Mac OS X, and it should run equally well on Windows, Linux, and OS X. So I don't really see what the problem is?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 05:04:58 pm »
The emails you get are probably programs in Linux more frequently than Linux itself. But that's splitting hairs. :P

In any case, the bot was designed and written on Linux and with Linux in mind, the majority of the users (when I was writing it, anyways) were Mac OS X, and it should run equally well on Windows, Linux, and OS X. So I don't really see what the problem is?

Yes, that's true.  Almost all of them, in fact.  However, a lot of the vulnerabilities in Windows are services inside of Windows, probably not written by the same team.

I'm just pointing out that neither OS is intrinsically impervious to maliciousness.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 05:08:45 pm »
Funny, I wrote my bot in OSX, target platform was Linux, and the majority of the testers were using Windows.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:17:13 pm »
It was a surprise to me when most of my feedback was from OSXers, but I realized that there was no decent bot for OSX at the time (and there are a lot more OSXers than Linux users). So it made sense. 

Offline xgreedyx

• View Profile
    • The Art Of War
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 03:12:13 pm »
Sorry about says windows suck  ;D ;D I have about 3 pc,s with 2 with XP and my main with Vista 64. And two laptops with linux  ;D

I just figued more people hated windows.....  Can't wait untill JavaOp3 I'll be waiting

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 03:40:32 pm »
Sorry about says windows suck  ;D ;D I have about 3 pc,s with 2 with XP and my main with Vista 64. And two laptops with linux  ;D

I just figued more people hated windows.....  Can't wait untill JavaOp3 I'll be waiting

I use both pretty extensively.  I just make an avid effort to not become a zealot to one platform.  I dual boot XP and Ubuntu on my main machine, I have two servers with Slackware, a laptop with Ubuntu Studio and one with XP Tablet.

There are lots of Linux users here, but there are probably only a few who actively display their dislike for windows.  We have a couple of Microsoft gurus too.  Myndy has a sweet job doing .NET programming, I believe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 05:38:12 pm »
Not to mention those who are both.

I like Linux and dislike Windows, but at the same time I have a job working with Windows software. So confusing! :)