Author Topic: Exercise  (Read 4019 times)

Offline Ender

• View Profile
Exercise
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:10:08 pm »
Do you know what it means? Do you do it? How often?

My only exercise consists of walking... I probably walk 30-40 minutes on average everyday, to and from classes. I walk pretty slowly though.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Exercise
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:14:29 pm »
During winter, most of the exercise I get is walking as well, probably 20 - 40 minutes/day.

During summer (I'm probably going to start this week), I ride my bike to work, which is ~15km away, which is about a 45-minute ride each way, depending on traffic and which route I settle on.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:43:49 pm »
My chest is killing me. :O
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:50:19 pm »
I bike about a mile to class and then back (1 mile 1 way) everyday.  I need to go back to the gym and work off the little fat I do have and build muscle.

trust

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:39:23 pm »
I've gained 10 pounds since I've started school and probably lost muscle mass too. I ran basically everyday January-June because of lacrosse, and then a few times a week during the summer because of summer lacrosse. Junior year I swam everyday in the winter, then lacrosse in the spring/summer. Senior year I had lacrosse once a week in the winter. Once I got to school I stopped exercising, I went to the pool once but haven't been to the gym or anything. Instead I've drank too much and eaten unhealthily. It sucks, but I've started playing lacrosse for 1:30-2 hours a day with some friends, and I'm going to start playing club lacrosse so hopefully I'll get back into shape. You really can't tell I've gained weight but I can definitely tell my endurance/general health has gone down.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:15 pm »
Yeah, my only real form of exercise is going to and from class.  I probably average something like two miles a day and at least half of that is on a bike.  I rarely walk/ride at a leisurely pace; I'm generally going as fast as I'm comfortable with.  In the case of walking, that's fast enough to pass almost every other person walking.  With biking, I'm generally going ~20mph on straight-a-ways and ~10mph when there are curves or crowds of people involved.  I do this because I'd like it to count as exercise, not because I'm in a hurry. :)

I think I've gained weight since high school too, but definitely not a noticeable amount.  Still, though, I should probably exercise in a more meaningful way a couple of times a week.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
I work out. It's awesome fun. You should do it. All you need is a couple dumbbells and some imagination and maybe the Internets if you're still at a loss for how to use them.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

trust

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »
I've put on some noticeable weight, mostly in the face. But it isn't really enough for anybody but me to notice. Our campus is large but all of our academic buildings are within 5 minutes of each other, and likewise for their relation to where my dorm is located.

I don't have fun just working out, but I could play lacrosse for hours no problem.

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:52 pm »
I'm too lazy to do any serious weight lifting, so I stick to running around twenty miles a week. It's good enough to keep me fit, and that's good enough for me!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »
I don't have fun just working out, but I could play lacrosse for hours no problem.
I have the same problem, I hate working out. But if I have to get to and from work anyways, I have no problem riding a bike. It's something productive for more than just working out, not working out for the sake of working out.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 04:47:02 pm »
With biking, I'm generally going ~20mph on straight-a-ways and ~10mph when there are curves or crowds of people involved.
That's odd... I go faster when there are people and curves.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 04:47:53 pm »
With biking, I'm generally going ~20mph on straight-a-ways and ~10mph when there are curves or crowds of people involved.
That's odd... I go faster when there are people and curves.

Hahaha.  I'll have to try that out!