Author Topic: I would like to join x86  (Read 30850 times)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• Dancing Midget of Love!
    • View Profile
I would like to join x86
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:33:05 pm »
Greetings and salutations. Many of you know me. Many of you do not. I am DeAtHZeRg. I have been around in the online gaming community since 1998 being a part of the The Death Knights (member to date) and Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms (ATFclan.com) inside WoW. Both have been founded on the ideas of community. The Death Knights are a dieing bread that I try and base my values on. While talking to a few members of the years I have came across x86 many times. The core value of community is what keeps drawing me to this site and reading the forums. I think x86's ideas, the members and myself would be a great addition. Any questions about me feel free to ask. I am a person who is willing to tell most anything if you ask.

Albin
-DeAtHZeRg

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: I would like to join x86
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:36:07 pm »
Hey,

Stick around here for a couple months, get to know the members and community, then ask to join. It's a tightly knit community here, and outsiders need to prove that they'll fit in before they can join.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:39:58 pm »
Hi, Welcome.

As iago said, it's best to stick around for a little bit.  Make a post in the introductions thread if you haven't already!

Again, welcome. :)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:41:19 pm »
i think I might of back in the day when I first registered for the site. Joe reminded me of it after my long break from most online sites I normally visited (Date Registered:December 06, 2005, 08:13:37 PM) I will gladly post a new one if it has gone missing since that date ~2 years ago :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:44:54 pm »
ATF?  I guess it's time to go hide all of my posts about smoking a nice cigar while drunkenly shooting at nothing.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:48:47 pm »
haha I approve of cigars and drunken shooting into the abyss :D

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:51:34 pm »
i think I might of back in the day when I first registered for the site. Joe reminded me of it after my long break from most online sites I normally visited (Date Registered:December 06, 2005, 08:13:37 PM) I will gladly post a new one if it has gone missing since that date ~2 years ago :D

Should still be here.  I don't think we're missing any posts unless you count asshole trolls' posts.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:52:40 pm »
no need to go look I couldn't find it when I quickly looked for it under my account. I have posted a new one. Knowing me I might be making stuff up again. Higher Education makes your brain die.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 07:01:16 pm »
What's your stance on forum trolling? We would like to know.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 07:04:52 pm »
Well it really depends on what you define as forum trolling. If you are in reference to off topic posts with in a post it really depends on the case and the forum. I am normally all for it when it is deserved but I usually don't try to participate in it unless its in a forum and the mood is trying to be lighted. So the question is if I am for it or against it I am for it and against it. It really depends on the subject the trolling is happening in.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 07:08:20 pm »
Well it really depends on what you define as forum trolling. If you are in reference to off topic posts with in a post it really depends on the case and the forum. I am normally all for it when it is deserved but I usually don't try to participate in it unless its in a forum and the mood is trying to be lighted. So the question is if I am for it or against it I am for it and against it. It really depends on the subject the trolling is happening in.

That's a fair answer.

Forum trolling is a state of enlightenment, you're able to see the irony or extreme levels of idiocy in a topic and you capitalize on it in unorthodox ways. Sometimes the user targeted has no idea he's being trolled, but that's not the goal.

The other people who read the topic may understand your subtle troll and they will usually agree with your position or delete your post. A secondary, but less important objective is outlined as the "intended response" in which you evoke a frustrated or angered response from the target to indulge your need for hilarity.

I ask you this question because there are two types of people in this world. The trolls and the been-trolled. It's really black and white, gray is for losers.

Thanks.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:30:48 pm »

Should still be here.  I don't think we're missing any posts unless you count asshole trolls' posts.
????????????????????????????????????????????????
And who is this troll?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 07:33:34 pm »
Stick around; you randomly disappear and expect nothing but love?! What if you join and do it again? :(!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 07:39:55 pm »
A very valid point my friend. This is something I do not pride myself in. I hate doing it. When things get overwhelming in school I tend to shut out everyone.  I didn't really think about that aspect when I posted this. If it is time you guys want it is time you guys will have. Now that I have decided to go after membership to this clan expect to read alot more from me.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 07:54:58 pm »
That's a fair answer.

Forum trolling is a state of enlightenment, you're able to see the irony or extreme levels of idiocy in a topic and you capitalize on it in unorthodox ways. Sometimes the user targeted has no idea he's being trolled, but that's not the goal.

The other people who read the topic may understand your subtle troll and they will usually agree with your position or delete your post. A secondary, but less important objective is outlined as the "intended response" in which you evoke a frustrated or angered response from the target to indulge your need for hilarity.

I ask you this question because there are two types of people in this world. The trolls and the been-trolled. It's really black and white, gray is for losers.

Thanks.
It takes an even greater level of enlightenment to understand trolling, yet not indulge in it.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 08:00:49 pm »
That's a fair answer.

Thanks.
It takes an even greater level of enlightenment to understand trolling, yet not indulge in it.

If you don't indulge in it then you don't understand trolling. See my last two sentences.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 08:02:28 pm »
...and takes a bleeding crack to whine about it

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 08:07:45 pm »
If you don't indulge in it then you don't understand trolling. See my last two sentences.
Your last sentences are overgeneralized assumptions.
Stop being a sore ass. Screenshot or it didn't happen, because it didn't.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:31 pm »

But somehow your theory about understanding yet not indulging is? Personal beliefs don't equate fact.

Difference between the beliefs I outlined and those that you outlined is that mine are an agreed with and time tested definition of trolling in it's purest art.

We consider trolling to be a logical extension to communication, which is why we advocate it's use. You consider it to be the opposite, which means your claims of understanding are put in there to fluff over your attack on us later.

You can't understand and not agree with us, our logic is infalliable.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 08:41:44 pm »
Dude, just stop responding, no matter how hard it is. :P

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 08:43:11 pm »
Dude, just stop responding, no matter how hard it is. :P

I agree. This clan is run by trolls and company now.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 09:41:59 pm »

To understand trolling you must amerce(sp?) yourself into it. I have tryed my hand in trolling. Its not really my thing. To a point I respect the people that can go that off topic in every single topic they post in. It's damn hard not to become what you post :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 09:52:44 pm »
I can become offtopic?  As a person?  Whoa, SWEEET!

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »

To understand trolling you must amerce(sp?) yourself into it. I have tryed my hand in trolling. Its not really my thing. To a point I respect the people that can go that off topic in every single topic they post in. It's damn hard not to become what you post :D

You have the endorsement of Trolls and Co. to join Clan x86.
We're the most influencial and significant group in the clan, not to mention the best looking.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »

Down boy.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:34 pm »

Down boy.

Don't call me boy, I ain't your slave.   (wow is this off topic, can we get it split?)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:17 pm »
I'm ok with it.  :D

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 11:05:07 pm »

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 11:08:16 pm »
Bad joke gone worse gg ender
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:19:29 pm by DeAtHZeRg »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 02:30:35 am »

But somehow your theory about understanding yet not indulging is? Personal beliefs don't equate fact.

Difference between the beliefs I outlined and those that you outlined is that mine are an agreed with and time tested definition of trolling in it's purest art.

We consider trolling to be a logical extension to communication, which is why we advocate it's use. You consider it to be the opposite, which means your claims of understanding are put in there to fluff over your attack on us later.

Then that's where we're at a disagreement. Should I delete your posts and kill your freedom to express your beliefs? Hell no. I still stand by my point, though.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 05:25:09 pm »
Hi.  You should probably stay around a little longer like so many others have said. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »

Then that's where we're at a disagreement. Should I delete your posts and kill your freedom to express your beliefs? Hell no. I still stand by my point, though.

Historically, Moderating me is not the...easiest job in the world.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 05:53:21 pm »

Historically, Moderating me is not the...easiest job in the world.

Actually, it's pretty easy moderating your posts.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 06:41:36 pm »
Hah yeah, you'd be surprised how easy/fast it is to delete posts when there are 2 or 3 people on it. :)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 09:13:53 pm »
Hah yeah, you'd be surprised how easy/fast it is to delete posts when there are 2 or 3 people on it. :)

You call that easy? Two leaders going out of their way, another using an automated method of deleting.

Btw Deathzerg, our leaders are what I'd call delusional.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:20:48 pm by Warrior »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »
You call that easy? Two leaders going out of their way, another using an automated method of deleting.

Warrior, I think we're usually very willing to hear any rational rebuttals you have to our decisions.  However, your normal method of dealing with something you disagree with isn't exactly convincing and it rarely helps your case.

Yes, deleting posts is very easy.  It may be "out of our way", but only in an almost completely trivial way.  We click two buttons.  :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:46 pm »
Warrior, I think we're usually very willing to hear any rational rebuttals you have to our decisions.  However, your normal method of dealing with something you disagree with isn't exactly convincing and it rarely helps your case.

Yes, deleting posts is very easy.  It may be "out of our way", but only in an almost completely trivial way.  We click two buttons.  :)
Just my usual advice -- stop responding to Warrior. He's just trying to get a rise out of people, as usual, and it's pointless to fuel his needs.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:47 pm »

Just my usual advice -- stop responding to Warrior. He's just trying to get a rise out of people, as usual, and it's pointless to fuel his needs.

fyi: you responded to me. do as I say not as I do?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:39 pm »

Haha.  I guess he's so two-faced about the whole thing; sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between "regular warrior" and "asshole warrior".  He's really easy and fun to talk to on IM, but on the forums, it's like he's a whole different person. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
Haha.  I guess he's so two-faced about the whole thing; sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between "regular warrior" and "asshole warrior".  He's really easy and fun to talk to on IM, but on the forums, it's like he's a whole different person. :)
Yeah.. I've started assuming pretty much everything he says on forums is "asshole warrior". It's the easiest way.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:56 pm »
why must you throw insults at me?
stooping down to my level? the weather is nice down here

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 12:54:07 am »
Is it snowing? If not it beats Wisconsin. I'm game.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 01:59:56 am »
How could you not enjoy the snow Joe?!?

Quote from: Warrior

lol what human isn't delusional to a point?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 03:56:50 am »
Come to Wisconsin. You'll get it.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 09:18:35 am »

I think I'm ok with Ohio. It is currently 37 F outside and mid April.... It should not be this cold 3 weeks before school lets out!

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 01:38:05 am »

I think I'm ok with Ohio. It is currently 37 F outside and mid April.... It should not be this cold 3 weeks before school lets out!
I live in Missouri and it has snowed the last two days..................................... wtf?  Thank God it wasn't much and didn't stick, but seriously, snow?  *sigh*
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2008, 04:55:05 am »
It stuck in Wisconsin, tyvm.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 11:58:11 am »
Here in Arizona it's been high 80's/low 90's.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 12:37:25 pm »
In Cincinnati its been in the 30's the past 3 days but its back up to the 50's Move south :D

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 10:30:51 pm »
Hit 60 today. :)

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2008, 03:48:48 pm »
79 currently! Joe your fat

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2008, 06:07:40 pm »
Epic thread bump

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2008, 07:08:45 pm »
It was under 2 months, so I don't think it would even give a warning, and it's his own thread. I would hardly call it epic.