Author Topic: I would like to join x86  (Read 30852 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to join x86
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2008, 05:25:09 pm »
Hi.  You should probably stay around a little longer like so many others have said. :D
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
If you don't indulge in it then you don't understand trolling. See my last two sentences.
Your last sentences are overgeneralized assumptions.

But somehow your theory about understanding yet not indulging is? Personal beliefs don't equate fact.

Difference between the beliefs I outlined and those that you outlined is that mine are an agreed with and time tested definition of trolling in it's purest art.

We consider trolling to be a logical extension to communication, which is why we advocate it's use. You consider it to be the opposite, which means your claims of understanding are put in there to fluff over your attack on us later.

You can't understand and not agree with us, our logic is infalliable.
Then that's where we're at a disagreement. Should I delete your posts and kill your freedom to express your beliefs? Hell no. I still stand by my point, though.

Historically, Moderating me is not the...easiest job in the world.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2008, 05:53:21 pm »
If you don't indulge in it then you don't understand trolling. See my last two sentences.
Your last sentences are overgeneralized assumptions.

But somehow your theory about understanding yet not indulging is? Personal beliefs don't equate fact.

Difference between the beliefs I outlined and those that you outlined is that mine are an agreed with and time tested definition of trolling in it's purest art.

We consider trolling to be a logical extension to communication, which is why we advocate it's use. You consider it to be the opposite, which means your claims of understanding are put in there to fluff over your attack on us later.

You can't understand and not agree with us, our logic is infalliable.
Then that's where we're at a disagreement. Should I delete your posts and kill your freedom to express your beliefs? Hell no. I still stand by my point, though.

Historically, Moderating me is not the...easiest job in the world.

Actually, it's pretty easy moderating your posts.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 06:41:36 pm »
Hah yeah, you'd be surprised how easy/fast it is to delete posts when there are 2 or 3 people on it. :)

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 09:13:53 pm »
Hah yeah, you'd be surprised how easy/fast it is to delete posts when there are 2 or 3 people on it. :)

You call that easy? Two leaders going out of their way, another using an automated method of deleting.

Btw Deathzerg, our leaders are what I'd call delusional.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:20:48 pm by Warrior »
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2008, 09:28:37 pm »
You call that easy? Two leaders going out of their way, another using an automated method of deleting.

Warrior, I think we're usually very willing to hear any rational rebuttals you have to our decisions.  However, your normal method of dealing with something you disagree with isn't exactly convincing and it rarely helps your case.

Yes, deleting posts is very easy.  It may be "out of our way", but only in an almost completely trivial way.  We click two buttons.  :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:46 pm »
Warrior, I think we're usually very willing to hear any rational rebuttals you have to our decisions.  However, your normal method of dealing with something you disagree with isn't exactly convincing and it rarely helps your case.

Yes, deleting posts is very easy.  It may be "out of our way", but only in an almost completely trivial way.  We click two buttons.  :)
Just my usual advice -- stop responding to Warrior. He's just trying to get a rise out of people, as usual, and it's pointless to fuel his needs.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 09:33:47 pm »

Just my usual advice -- stop responding to Warrior. He's just trying to get a rise out of people, as usual, and it's pointless to fuel his needs.

fyi: you responded to me. do as I say not as I do?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2008, 09:40:39 pm »

Haha.  I guess he's so two-faced about the whole thing; sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between "regular warrior" and "asshole warrior".  He's really easy and fun to talk to on IM, but on the forums, it's like he's a whole different person. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
Haha.  I guess he's so two-faced about the whole thing; sometimes I have a hard time differentiating between "regular warrior" and "asshole warrior".  He's really easy and fun to talk to on IM, but on the forums, it's like he's a whole different person. :)
Yeah.. I've started assuming pretty much everything he says on forums is "asshole warrior". It's the easiest way.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2008, 09:43:56 pm »
why must you throw insults at me?
stooping down to my level? the weather is nice down here

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 12:54:07 am »
Is it snowing? If not it beats Wisconsin. I'm game.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• Dancing Midget of Love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 01:59:56 am »
How could you not enjoy the snow Joe?!?

Quote from: Warrior

lol what human isn't delusional to a point?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2008, 03:56:50 am »
Come to Wisconsin. You'll get it.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline DeAtHZeRg

• Dancing Midget of Love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2008, 09:18:35 am »
Come to Wisconsin. You'll get it.

I think I'm ok with Ohio. It is currently 37 F outside and mid April.... It should not be this cold 3 weeks before school lets out!