Author Topic: Ladies have to cut back on expensive food items because they don't have jobs  (Read 5867 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=92592545

JESUS!  If they'd've cut back on food like 30 years ago they'd be millionaires!!!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Cheaper food is normally less healthier, so it isn't as absurd as you'd think.

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile

i can haz dbl cheezbgr w/friez

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github

It's obvious that unhealthy food isn't their problem.. </sarcasm>
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Eating healthy is almost always cheaper ... unless you're buy pointless name brand health food.  All you need is a field, a chicken coup, a few cows and I think you'd be good to live for years to come.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Eating healthy is almost always cheaper ... unless you're buy pointless name brand health food.  All you need is a field, a chicken coup, a few cows and I think you'd be good to live for years to come.
I know you're being sarcastic, but have you actually priced these things?
errr... something like that...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Not only is unhealthy food usually cheaper, but that doesn't seem to be the only issue. If they are going to eat unhealthy food, might I suggest they eat LESS? Sure, a McChicken is only ~$1, but when you order 40 of them for a meal for yourself, it can get pricey.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline zorm

• View Profile
    • Zorm's Page
i can haz dbl cheezbgr w/friez

Go back to 4chan.
"Frustra fit per plura quod potest fieri per pauciora"
- William of Ockham

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

About the last bit, yes.  About the first bit, no ... that's serious.

Pre-cooked whatever vs. making your own?  Your own is way cheaper.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity

McDonalds vs. a decent cafe/eatery?

Hamburger vs chicken?

Cookies vs. dried fruit?

Chocolate vs. fruit(apples/grapes/etc.)?

Unhealthy food is cheap. It's cheap to live on french fries, pizza pops, and crackers, but it's horribly unhealthy for you.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile

Hamburger vs chicken?

Cookies vs. dried fruit?

Chocolate vs. fruit(apples/grapes/etc.)?

Unhealthy food is cheap. It's cheap to live on french fries, pizza pops, and crackers, but it's horribly unhealthy for you.

It's also cheap to live off of bread, beans, soups, vegetables, eggs, potatos, etc.  You just need the willpower.  This is really dumb + boring news btw.  Try harder Crazed, this is dissapointing.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile

Way to be a dick, you cunt.

McDonalds vs. actually cooking.  Eating out at a healthy place is RETARDEDLY expensive ... eating out in general is short bus stupid.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
It's also cheap to live off of bread, beans, soups, vegetables, eggs, potatos, etc.  You just need the willpower.  This is really dumb + boring news btw.  Try harder Crazed, this is dissapointing.
That's true, for sure. But crazed's assumption in this thread was that poor = no food, which isn't necessarily the case. Poor can also be cheap/crappy food.

Way to be a dick, you cunt.

McDonalds vs. actually cooking.  Eating out at a healthy place is RETARDEDLY expensive ... eating out in general is short bus stupid.
I eat at various organic restaurants around here, generally a couple times a week, and they typically run me about $10/meal. That definitely isn't "RETARDEDLY expensive".

I don't quite understand what you mean about eating out being "short bus stupid", but I imagine it's something totally insensible designed to get a rise. But that's fine -- every time you do or say something stupid/insensitive/assholeish for no reason, it makes it easier and easier for the inevitable vote to kick you out to pass.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 10:23:14 pm by iago »

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
my take on the situation is that  fast food is  fast, cheap, easy, and unhealthy.
fast food is convenient for those people because who would want to go and pick out fresh fruit when they could be handed greasy fries. but hey its their life and  i could care less if they died of a heart attack. the point is with money tight people think it is easier to buy foods already made instead of wasting time
buying-> preparing-> cooking-> eating-> cleaning.