Author Topic: Any more than casual raiders out there?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Any more than casual raiders out there?
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:08:07 am »
I've been playing the damn game for several years now, and have managed to never do what I consider to be "entering the realm of more than casual raiding," despite that being my yearning.

I'm currently really enjoying this warlock that I'm playing on. I've also got a warrior, though.

I've played with online buddies and real life buddies... and the majority of the time without any real connection with the guilds I've been in, too. It's obviously much more fun when raiding with people you atleast have a knowledge of.

Anyways, wotlk is around the corner, and I was wondering if anyone out there is in an alliance guild that would be able to send me an invite? Just looking for an active 25-man raiding guild. I've been in a smaller 10-man guild for awhile.

I'm also able to raid with horde, just let me know.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Any more than casual raiders out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:59:35 am »
Yes. I'm an officer in a not really casual but not quite hardcore raiding guild. 5/5 hyjal 7/9 BT and tryyying to push for Illidan before wotlk but attendance is starting to dip with it coming ever closer. Assuming you aren't geared for what we are doing I could get you an invite just as a friend. I would be a bit hesitant though, since we really don't have any definite plans for wotlk (there has been talk of 'trimming the fat' and doing 10 mans, but everything is kinda up in the air at this point). I wouldn't feel bad if you wasted money on a transfer for no reason,especially since I don't really know you lol

Anyways,
me (might be in gay pvp gear)
guild
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:20:15 am »
I'm currently really enjoying this warlock that I'm playing on.

Haha, I've been enjoying the e-mails they've been sending me from your activity with support. They make me lol and almost make me miss WoW!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:06:24 pm »
haha, oh yea. there were some issues with the realm list not displaying the the number of characters on the realms that have characters.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 02:33:42 pm »
Yes. I'm an officer in a not really casual but not quite hardcore raiding guild. 5/5 hyjal 7/9 BT and tryyying to push for Illidan before wotlk but attendance is starting to dip with it coming ever closer. Assuming you aren't geared for what we are doing I could get you an invite just as a friend. I would be a bit hesitant though, since we really don't have any definite plans for wotlk (there has been talk of 'trimming the fat' and doing 10 mans, but everything is kinda up in the air at this point). I wouldn't feel bad if you wasted money on a transfer for no reason,especially since I don't really know you lol

Anyways,
me (might be in gay pvp gear)
guild

Well, I'm not looking to roll the dice. If you have doubts about your own guild then I'd rather not make the move. I'm really needing a guild that still clears SSC/TK, or would let me tag along for higher raids. If you think your guild wouldn't mind letting me do that, and me being there for 100% attendance, then I'd be willing to come on over. Just let me know.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:48:44 pm »
Well, I'm not looking to roll the dice. If you have doubts about your own guild then I'd rather not make the move. I'm really needing a guild that still clears SSC/TK, or would let me tag along for higher raids. If you think your guild wouldn't mind letting me do that, and me being there for 100% attendance, then I'd be willing to come on over. Just let me know.

Yeah, I was just throwing the option out there. Good recruits are hard to find and I figure you would be a good/dedicated player, but yeah doing it now would be stupid. As we get closer to release, if we have solid plans to proceed with 25 mans (and you are still looking), I'll definitely let you know. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of turnover and we will most certainly be looking to pick up skilled players.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:22:23 pm »
Yea, once wotlk comes out everyone pretty much gets to start on the same page, again. I'm sure T6 will be great all the way to 80, but still - it won't be a requirement anymore.

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:46:51 am »
I've been playing the damn game for several years now, and have managed to never do what I consider to be "entering the realm of more than casual raiding," despite that being my yearning.

I'm currently really enjoying this warlock that I'm playing on. I've also got a warrior, though.

I've played with online buddies and real life buddies... and the majority of the time without any real connection with the guilds I've been in, too. It's obviously much more fun when raiding with people you atleast have a knowledge of.

Anyways, wotlk is around the corner, and I was wondering if anyone out there is in an alliance guild that would be able to send me an invite? Just looking for an active 25-man raiding guild. I've been in a smaller 10-man guild for awhile.

I'm also able to raid with horde, just let me know.

I'm over on Wildhammer - H (PVP) with a few friends. They are level 70 and farming sunwell, and I'm level 64 :(

NINTENDOOOO 64

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:32:08 pm »
same place same time.
daggerspine (h).

we almost got half way thru BT and we started the guild in like april.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:43 pm »
same place same time.
daggerspine (h).

we almost got half way thru BT and we started the guild in like april.

yea, i forgot about the horde druid i was leveling on your server. haha. i let my account expire for a month or so. i have a rogue i could xfer over and raid with.

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 02:18:23 pm »
well we're basically done raiding until wrath im pretty sure i could send you an invite but we're all just twinking at the moment, haha.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 02:31:53 pm »
yea, i'm totally ready for wotlk to come out. it'll even the game up a little, again, in terms of guild progression and people's gear.

i did get invited to a BT guild, though, on newby's warlock that i've been leveling, and gearing up. they're a real cool guild. the majority of them are my age, or older, and they're "serious" but approach raiding with a pretty relaxed point of view.

on an unrelated note, i ran heroic shadow labs yesterday with a full T6 tank, and a majority T6 hunter... and it was the worst heroic group I've ever witnessed. i swear the warrior didn't know how to play his class, and I even asked if he was the original owner of the character after our first 3 or 4 wipes to the initial trash mobs. this mage kept pulling aggro off him, and the warrior had no clue how regain control, or even generate threat on multiple targets. this really made me miss my warrior, and i'm contemplating playing him to 80 first. haha. i considered myself a pretty damn good tank, but i'm just really enjoying taking it easy as a caster dps in raids. i sit back and dot, dot, dot shadow bolt.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 03:08:12 pm »
lol, well sooner than I thought I have figured out pretty much for certain that my guild will likely go casual/die with wotlk. Our raid leader's wife is having a baby in a few months so he is quitting, and our main tank is quitting as well. Oh well, guess I'll be looking as well.