Author Topic: Thai Peanut Sauce?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
Thai Peanut Sauce?
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:36 am »
iago, have you ever tried this before? is it any good?

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/saucesdipsspreads/r/ThaiPeanutSauce.htm

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Thai Peanut Sauce?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:28 am »
In general, I *love* peanut sauce. And that recipe sound similar to the one I use, so I imagine it's good. :)

Just a warning: it can be super heavy (depending on the recipe), so you may have to use it carefully.

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:22:19 pm »
In general, I *love* peanut sauce. And that recipe sound similar to the one I use, so I imagine it's good. :)

Just a warning: it can be super heavy (depending on the recipe), so you may have to use it carefully.

besides eggrolls and crackers, whats good with it?

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 12:38:48 pm »
Noodles!

Rice noodles with cooked vegetables, maybe even stir fried vegetables.

You can also use wheat noodles, but rice noodles feel more Asian to me (and other kinds of Asian noodles normally have egg in them). I like the flat kind myself.

I suggest doing a standard stirfry, serving the vegetables on top of rice noodles, and pouring the peanut sauce on top. Then garnish with peanuts (or cashew or whatever) and fresh cilantro/parsley (something green and leafy) to give it colour (I'm a fan of colourful dishes).

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 12:48:51 pm »
Noodles!

Rice noodles with cooked vegetables, maybe even stir fried vegetables.

You can also use wheat noodles, but rice noodles feel more Asian to me (and other kinds of Asian noodles normally have egg in them). I like the flat kind myself.

I suggest doing a standard stirfry, serving the vegetables on top of rice noodles, and pouring the peanut sauce on top. Then garnish with peanuts (or cashew or whatever) and fresh cilantro/parsley (something green and leafy) to give it colour (I'm a fan of colourful dishes).

i shall try this. my girlfriend loves this stuff v_v

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 12:55:48 pm »
Let me know how it goes!

I bought a big jar of peanut butter a couple weeks ago because I felt like making peanut sauce, then totally forgot about it. Now that you've reminded me, that's probably going to be my dinner on Saturday. :)