Author Topic: Books and Recommendations  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Books and Recommendations
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:04:16 pm »
Since this forum is deader than a funeral I figured I'd start posting some information on 3.0 + 3.5 books that are entertaining and pretty cheap to get a hold of now a days. Today's books is one of my favorites and probably one of the best reference books you'll find for challenging encounters in dungeons and pretty much any scenario!

The book of Challenges

It's basically a in depth look at puzzles, riddles, traps and other kind of dreary things you'd find in various dungeons / crypts / confined spaces. A lot of my adventures when it comes to dungeon crawling uses this book for the riddles and traps. Most definitely a great read and you can pick the book up from eBay for about 8$ + shipping. I do have an e Book of it in case anyone still running a game would like to take a peak at it. Even if you're not running a game any past player will cringe when looking at it, and it is a fun read.

I give it a 8 / 10

Great information
Easy to read

The only downside is it is a short book and the adventure spans aren't really setup for 1st level characters (though there are some pre made templates for it)
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce