Author Topic: Post your schedule -- SP2009  (Read 16702 times)

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
Re: Post your schedule -- SP2009
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 06:21:25 am »
I don't like engineering math courses because they're tedious (just a bunch of memorization and computation) ...

QFT.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 03:30:56 pm »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2008, 05:44:30 pm »
Sidoh, I'd definitely take DEs and PDEs if I were you.  First of all, they are extremely easy courses (at least at the undergraduate level, in most cases).  So they shouldn't require very much of your time.  Secondly, they are extremely important.  They show up everywhere (including many areas of computer science), because they obviously describe so many situations.

The calculus you learned was also, most likely, geared towards application and away from abstraction and generality.  But I assume you still liked aspects of the courses, and found them useful.

I guess I'll take it if I find the time.  As I'm nearing the end of my undergraduate tenure, though, I'm realizing I have less and less free credits floating around.  I could take more than the maximum, I'm sure, but 18 credits with most of them being "upper divisional" has been pretty hectic this semester.  I'd really love to take some of the more advanced physics courses (quantum mechanics, for example), but they, of course, require DE.  We'll see what I'm able to squeeze in, I guess.  I'm already filled up this semester.

Thanks for the advice.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 07:54:31 pm »
My semester just got a lot more interesting.

I learned that the first semester of graduate-level AI won't be offered next year.  It's a class that I'd really like to take, so I ended up dropping software engineering.  New schedule:

I like the times better, honestly.  It'll be nice to have lunch at a consistent time.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 12:55:40 pm »
My semester just got a lot more interesting.

I learned that the first semester of graduate-level AI won't be offered next year.  It's a class that I'd really like to take, so I ended up dropping software engineering.  New schedule:

I like the times better, honestly.  It'll be nice to have lunch at a consistent time.
Needs more 8:00 AM classes.
errr... something like that...

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 01:20:14 pm »
I learned that the first semester of graduate-level AI won't be offered next year.  It's a class that I'd really like to take, so I ended up dropping software engineering.

AI is an awesome subject. I wasn't able to take it (for similar reasons), but I had a couple of friends that got in, and I actually ended up sitting in on most of their classes!

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2008, 01:45:08 pm »
Needs more 8:00 AM classes.

Screw that man!  I'm rather disappointed at the 9:30!  I started at 11:00 on TR this semester.  It was pretty nice.

I learned that the first semester of graduate-level AI won't be offered next year.  It's a class that I'd really like to take, so I ended up dropping software engineering.

AI is an awesome subject. I wasn't able to take it (for similar reasons), but I had a couple of friends that got in, and I actually ended up sitting in on most of their classes!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the course.  I took "CS 440" this semester, which is the precursor to this.  I had quite a bit of fun with it.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2008, 01:58:39 pm »
I'm taking Sys Arch 2 and Mythology next quarter...and...I'm not sure what else yet.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2008, 02:44:53 pm »
I'm taking Sys Arch 2 and Mythology next quarter...and...I'm not sure what else yet.

Haha, I'm glad someone liked that class.  I couldn't stand it. >_<

Well, I guess I thought it was neat.  It's cool to see how everything works "under the hood", but it seems that it lacks the profound conclusions that I'm used to from other subjects.  It's definitely something that's entirely necessary for computers to be at all useful, though.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2008, 03:58:04 pm »

Haha, I'm glad someone liked that class.  I couldn't stand it. >_<

Well, I guess I thought it was neat.  It's cool to see how everything works "under the hood", but it seems that it lacks the profound conclusions that I'm used to from other subjects.  It's definitely something that's entirely necessary for computers to be at all useful, though.
I liked it because we actually did some stuff with it.  Specifically, we wrote 32-bit MIPS CPUs (sadly, only single cycle :\) in VHDL and tinkered with them.  Our professor also played Pac-Man and Space Invaders on a FPGA with a CPU (multi because he could) he wrote in VHDL.  Sys Arch 2 is gonna be more of that sort of thing.  :)

I won't lie, though....it was really hard.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2008, 04:15:05 pm »
Yeah, that's cool.  Sounds like fun.

I think the hardest thing for me about that sort of area in CS is it's the memorization of a ton of little details.  It's harder to have a hierarchical understanding of the subject than, say, algorithms.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2008, 06:38:32 pm »

For now.....

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2008, 06:39:30 pm »
Jesus that's a late class.

What's Math 312?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2008, 09:03:22 pm »
That would be prob/stat 2, which, judging from prob/stat 1 being probability, will be mostly statistics.