Author Topic: The imbalanced RAF  (Read 12688 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: The imbalanced RAF
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 08:50:16 am »
triple xp? i'm only getting quest xp + what looks like about 75% of the quest xp as a bonus. damnit, can you really get triple by signing up for 2 months, or something?

Just sign up for a trial account, you don't need to buy the game or spend a dime.  Blizzard employees do this themselves.
Doesn't a trial account only go up to 20 though?
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 01:48:58 pm »
triple xp? i'm only getting quest xp + what looks like about 75% of the quest xp as a bonus. damnit, can you really get triple by signing up for 2 months, or something?

Just sign up for a trial account, you don't need to buy the game or spend a dime.  Blizzard employees do this themselves.
Doesn't a trial account only go up to 20 though?

Yes, however, Blizzard also reduced the experience required to level from level 20 through 60.  Level 19 is harder than 20 by quite a bit.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 03:25:17 pm »
woot. my recruit a friend paladin is level 70 now. so is the huntard.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 10:03:28 pm »
woot. my recruit a friend paladin is level 70 now. so is the huntard.

Grats.  I haven't had a chance to level our duo in a few days, parents came down to visit and had some friends over for dinner today.  Still sitting at lvl44.

:(
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 11:05:01 pm »
Yea. All we did was power level in 5 mans. I'd be on the two RAF characters and my friend would be on his 80 mage. We did level 10-30 in one night, and then did 30-35, 35-45, and 45-60 all in single nights. All we ran was dead mines, stockades, rotated through all of the SMs, ZF and then Strath. ZF gave the quickest and best XP of them all. We could have probably done ZF much longer than we did. We moved to Strath at around 50 and got 2 levels a run... but a run took us like an hour and a half. Those 2 levels every hour and a half in Strath were nothing compared to the 2 levels we were getting per run in ZF taking only like 15 minutes per run. We did that until 55 and got bored, so we started questing until 58... after that it's all the typical Outland/Northrend stuff.

I forget how much I actually like Outland. In my opinion Outland is way more fun than Northrend - zone related, anyways. The quests in Northrend are probably more fun but I've never been a big fan of questing. lol
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 12:28:51 pm »
Yea. All we did was power level in 5 mans. I'd be on the two RAF characters and my friend would be on his 80 mage. We did level 10-30 in one night, and then did 30-35, 35-45, and 45-60 all in single nights. All we ran was dead mines, stockades, rotated through all of the SMs, ZF and then Strath. ZF gave the quickest and best XP of them all. We could have probably done ZF much longer than we did. We moved to Strath at around 50 and got 2 levels a run... but a run took us like an hour and a half. Those 2 levels every hour and a half in Strath were nothing compared to the 2 levels we were getting per run in ZF taking only like 15 minutes per run. We did that until 55 and got bored, so we started questing until 58... after that it's all the typical Outland/Northrend stuff.

I forget how much I actually like Outland. In my opinion Outland is way more fun than Northrend - zone related, anyways. The quests in Northrend are probably more fun but I've never been a big fan of questing. lol

Yeah, we did:

Leveling: 1-18
Deadmines: 18-22ish
Stockades: 22ish-30
Scarlet Monastery: 30-40
ZF: 40-*

Been granting my wifes alts with levels, so on top of the Warlock / Mage combo we're leveling her Druid / Priest are also at 40 now.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2009, 01:28:36 pm »
I completely agree.

That is exactly what I am doing on my pally (lvl 48 atm) with my friend's DK running me through everything.  I do not; however, have RAF so it's taking me a bit longer, but it's still going by very quickly.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus