Author Topic: General WotLK discussion  (Read 12545 times)

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
Re: General WotLK discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 03:16:57 pm »
I'm leveling up my priest as Holy.. so it takes awhile to kill things.  :)
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 04:05:06 pm »
Reading about TwentyFifthNovember is strangely horrifying. Organized enough players to give up their lives in order to power level to 80 and complete all the current WotLK raid content in under three days, geez...

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 04:22:36 pm »
Reading about TwentyFifthNovember is strangely horrifying. Organized enough players to give up their lives in order to power level to 80 and complete all the current WotLK raid content in under three days, geez...
Wow............
http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/15/twentyfifthnovember-beats-all-wrath-pve-content/
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline skip

• mmk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 06:06:20 pm »
Hey, I hear that there isn't that many gear upgrades in WotLK as there were in TBC. I remember in TBC, the first few levels, all blues and purples were replaced by greens. But, that makes me wonder, what about the person that goes to Northrend when first hitting 68 or 70 with greens and blues?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:57 pm »
79 :|
wtb a life
Fuck, I wish I had this much time in my life to choose what I want to do.

QQ MOR

79 :|
wtb a life
Fuck, I wish I had this much time in my life to choose what I want to do.

^

^

QQ MOR K. Some people spend all their lives on academia (you), some on WoW (TwentyFifthNovember). Get over it plx.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 12:46:45 am »
QQ MOR K. Some people spend all their lives on academia (you), some on WoW (TwentyFifthNovember). Get over it plx.
You're going to die alone and unloved.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 02:05:51 am »
You're going to die alone and unloved.

And you're the one QQing still lulz.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 09:54:25 am »
Hey, I hear that there isn't that many gear upgrades in WotLK as there were in TBC. I remember in TBC, the first few levels, all blues and purples were replaced by greens. But, that makes me wonder, what about the person that goes to Northrend when first hitting 68 or 70 with greens and blues?

I waited until 73 to get my first REAL upgrade, but it was just replacing S2 PvP Shoulders.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 10:46:53 am »
Yeah, if you've got S2 or better you won't be replacing gear for a few levels.  My feral gear was meh on my druid, I went back to moonkin last night since I don't plan on running the lower instances quite yet.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 07:39:05 pm »
Then I went to bed, went to work, and came back to be way behind everyone :(.
The problem clearly was that you weren't dedicated enough. :P

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 12:03:30 am »
I'm trying to figure out if I should take my death knight to northrend at 68, or suffer through 68 and 69 before going. I know it'd probably make northrend just that much easier if I were to go at 70, but it's tempting to go earlier!
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 12:37:46 am »
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:14 am »
Ugh, my death knight is 73 and I'm starting to lose interest in this expansion. I just started questing in Dragonblight and it's looking just like more of the same. The new zones have a larger feel to them, and the quests are largely just repeats of old quests with several new flying quests thrown in there.

I think BC did a better job at making the expansion feel like it was worth the time. I don't even hear anyone talking about level 80 stuff in Trade chat. Nobody seems to care about anything in this expansion, lol.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2008, 10:09:19 am »
I think BC did a better job at making the expansion feel like it was worth the time. I don't even hear anyone talking about level 80 stuff in Trade chat. Nobody seems to care about anything in this expansion, lol.
Heh, its hard to care when even the end game content is a joke right now. We killed 25 man sarth a while ago on our first try with like 21 people in the raid. Naxx bosses are trivial. All of this is with lots of people in like half level 70 gear still. Now that we are getting gear from raids/heroics it's just going to get easier..... and this is all there is for months. wtb challenging content.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:58 am »
Yea. I'm not even 80 and I'm already not even excited about raiding. lol.

To be honest, though, I don't even know what the 25 man raids are in wotlk. I don't even know what the 'final', or BT/SWP equiv. is in wotlk.