Author Topic: Post your fall courses  (Read 30082 times)

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
Re: Post your fall courses
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 04:48:30 pm »
EC441 Networks
EC447 Software Design
EC463 Senior Design I
EC504 Adv. Data Structures
EC728 Design/Testing of Software-Intensive Systems

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »
Is EC electrical/computer engineering?

Also, what's the syllabus look like for the data structures course?

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 07:06:08 pm »
Yes it is, and I don't have a full syllabus but the course description is:
Review of basic data structures and Java syntax. Data abstraction and object-oriented design in the context of high-level languages and databases. Design implementation from the perspective of data structure efficiency and distributed control. Tailoring priority queues, balanced search trees, and graph algorithms to real-world problems, such as network routing, database management, and transaction processing.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 07:14:52 pm »
My data structures class is:

Data Structures and Programming (4) Lecture--3 hours; discussion--1 hour. Prerequisite: courses 20, 40 (C++ and UNIX); grade of C- or better in each course. Design and analysis of data structures for a variety of applications. Trees, heaps, searching, sorting, hashing, graphs. Extensive programming. Not open for credit to students who have completed course 110.

I haven't taken course 20, but whatever. I may also switch to course 50, which is assembly language, since 60 (data structures) is now being taught by a graduate student and I'd rather have a teacher who's been teaching for 10+ years like mine has. (The professor that's teaching 50 was originally teaching 60, but he was switched.)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 10:08:48 pm »
Review of basic data structures and Java syntax. Data abstraction and object-oriented design in the context of high-level languages and databases. Design implementation from the perspective of data structure efficiency and distributed control. Tailoring priority queues, balanced search trees, and graph algorithms to real-world problems, such as network routing, database management, and transaction processing.

Description is pretty much what I meant.  Looks pretty interesting.  Is this a graduate course?  I assume you guys have seen priority queues, BSTs, network flow, etc. before and this is a more rigorous continuation or something?

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 07:48:02 am »

Description is pretty much what I meant.  Looks pretty interesting.  Is this a graduate course?  I assume you guys have seen priority queues, BSTs, network flow, etc. before and this is a more rigorous continuation or something?
We see some basic data structures in the Intro. Software Engineering Class, basically, stacks/queues in STL, then we take an entire class on Algo and Data Structures which is the most overly difficult class I have ever taken, and this is the graduate level continuation of it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:50:04 am »
We see some basic data structures in the Intro. Software Engineering Class, basically, stacks/queues in STL, then we take an entire class on Algo and Data Structures which is the most overly difficult class I have ever taken, and this is the graduate level continuation of it.

Ah, cool.  I took a graduate level algorithms course last semester.  It was definitely one of the more fun classes I've taken.

I think my favorite things out of that class were van Emde Boas trees and Splay/Linking&Cutting trees.  You'll have to let me know if you guys do either of those.  VEB trees are especially 'fun' to talk about, haha.

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 03:42:47 pm »

Ah, cool.  I took a graduate level algorithms course last semester.  It was definitely one of the more fun classes I've taken.

I think my favorite things out of that class were van Emde Boas trees and Splay/Linking&Cutting trees.  You'll have to let me know if you guys do either of those.  VEB trees are especially 'fun' to talk about, haha.
It definitely is going to be one of the more enjoyable classes I'm taking this semester, but I'm really looking forward to "Random Network Algorithms" in Spring '10.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:56:59 am by Nate »

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 12:41:17 am »
so my school cleared out my wishlist and they halted my access to my class page saying "due to budget cuts...we have to cancell some classes...and you will not be able to register until august 25th." I am suppose to start class early sept. WTF

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 05:30:56 pm »
so my school cleared out my wishlist and they halted my access to my class page saying "due to budget cuts...we have to cancell some classes...and you will not be able to register until august 25th." I am suppose to start class early sept. WTF
That sucks a lot!  Our school is experiencing budget cuts, too, but nothing like that.  The most that has happened thus far is they lowered the amount of one of my scholarships.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 09:15:41 pm »
they also took my cal grant away :(

Offline ghostofkc

• View Profile
    • Realm of the Knights of Chaos
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 10:08:01 am »
Enrolled for - 2009 Fall
Course   Title   
ENHS-603-40   SURVEY OF ENVIRON HEALTH
EPID-603-01   EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS
TRMD-605-01   MEDICAL HELMINTHOLOGY
TRMD-607-01   MEDICAL PROTOZOOLOGY
TRMD-609-01   PARASITOLOGY LAB
TRMD-617-01   IMMUNOLOGY
TRMD-702-01   PARASITOLOGY SEMINAR

o.O

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 12:55:47 pm »
Intro to Business Systems
Calculus w/ Matrices
Business & Professional Ethics
Legal Environment of Business
Accounting II
Microeconomics
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 10:04:16 am »
Bio 100
Bio lab
ocean 100
poly psy 101
psy 211
phil 101

then I am done with GE requirements.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 02:21:21 am »
BioChem
Organic Chem 2
Organic I lab
Molecular Genetics (second genetics course)
Anat
Anat lab
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus