Author Topic: Re: Mass. Senate passes bill that would allow martial law for flu  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
http://www.who.int/csr/don/2009_05_01/en/index.html

TEN deaths world wide.  THREE HUNDRED THIRTY ONE cases worldwide.

The WHO (where "the buck stops"), says ten.
You're using the difference between "confirmed cases" and "probable cases" to make a point, and that's a bad idea. There are 4,400+ LIKELY cases worldwide (and 168 likely deaths). Keep in mind that the medical facilities in the primary infection points are often quite poor, and are unable to properly identify the virus. But in "likely" cases, people still show the proper symptoms and, on occasion, die. That's usually a good way to track the virus.

Not everything is a big conspiracy. Every once in awhile, there's a pandemic that kills tens or hundreds of thousands of people -- it can easily happen, and we have to prepare for the possibility. Like I said in another thread, we've been told to expect a 30% reduction in workforce in the coming months. If 7% of those 30% die, that's a HUGE number.

Agreed it's possible...my point is that people are making way too big a deal about it.  Some guy went into a local store about bought $300 worth of those mask breathing things.  Why?  Irrational fear.  Caution is GOOD, panic is bad.  We're seeing panic.

You downplaying it is just as bad as the guy who bought $300 worth of masks.
Come on, don't hide from your own posting history, in this very thread, you dangerously dismissed this pandemic as a conspiracy to spend money.

However, the interesting thing is, how much of an underscore this is on the failures of small Government. No small Government would have the ability to distribute vaccines / treatment on the national level quickly enough to combat this thing.

We just shouldnt be spending $1.5b on taking something PAST the extreme

Thank god you're not in charge.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling