Author Topic: Re: Can't Get bot to connect (using mac)  (Read 2344 times)

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
Re: Can't Get bot to connect (using mac)
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:37:33 pm »
So no, its not really needed, plus, what happens when the cdkey schema changes again?
The schema is irrelevant; what's in question is the product id. If an unknown product id is encountered, the appropriate behavior would be to allow it to connect as always. The suggestion was simply to avoid attempting to connect if it will certainly fail anyways. For someone who is smarter than smart, you have a very closed-minded view.

But it should be common sense to anyone who has ever played a large game. That you need all the cdkeys from the original game and expansion. Hence why there is an expansion cdkey slot in addition to the original one in the config settings interface.
That is not something one can intuitively pick up from simply installing or playing the game. Even if it were, what is the point in belittling such a minor oversight?

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Hdx

• The Hdx!
  • <3 Java/Cpp/VB/QB
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:03:56 am »
The schema is irrelevant; what's in question is the product id. If an unknown product id is encountered, the appropriate behavior would be to allow it to connect as always. The suggestion was simply to avoid attempting to connect if it will certainly fail anyways. For someone who is smarter than smart, you have a very closed-minded view.
Close minded is fun :) Anyways, it wouldn't be bad to add in something like this. But, im jsut saying the bot is old, before anyone thought of being uber user-friendly. If someone feels like adding it then it would be great. but as it stands it isnt implemented.
That is not something one can intuitively pick up from simply installing or playing the game. Even if it were, what is the point in belittling such a minor oversight?
I belittle everyone, who makes this guy ny special?
*looks at my D2LOD combo case*
*notices that it has both cdkeys*
*concludes that the expansion requires the original's valid key*

But anyways, its resolved, use the proper keys.
If you want to debate if newbie checking should be added to the bot, talk to Joe.
http://img140.exs.cx/img140/6720/hdxnew6lb.gif
09/08/05 - Clan SBs @ USEast
 [19:59:04.000] <DeadHelp> We don't like customers.
 [19:59:05.922] <DeadHelp> They're assholes
 [19:59:08.094] <DeadHelp> And they're never right.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:13:16 pm »
I agree with warz, quit being a dick, especially to someone who is just looking for help.

If it really annoys you this much, then you do not have to offer help.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling