Author Topic: 5-Hour Energy Shots: They really do work!  (Read 8346 times)

Offline Lead

• Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
5-Hour Energy Shots: They really do work!
« on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:49 am »

So I was feeling quite crappy the other day, down, tired, and I walked into a corner store near me before work. I picked one of these bad boys out and took it around 2PM, and boy did it make me feel good! It walloped me with energy clear till almost 7:30PM, and made me feel really good (all the vitamin B12). I can highly recommend this to anyone who needs a good pick-me-up.

FAQ (My observations):

Q: How does it taste?
A: Like a melted orange Popsicle, if you get the orange flavor.

Q: Is there really no "crash" afterward?
A: Yes! There is NO crash whatsoever after it wears off. You don't even feel like shit.

Q: What were the effects like when you took it?
A: Personally, I didn't have one of those jittery, crazy effects. But it has been noted to make you sweat and get the jitters, along with rapid heart beat.

One of the major cons about this drink, although is the price. Here in Ohio, I pay ~3.50$ for a small bottle of it, which can get pricey. All in all, good for me and probably good for Newby since his bedtime is probably at 7PM. :)

If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline truste1

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: 5-Hour Energy Shots: They really do work!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:16:20 pm »
After 5 hours, what happens?
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:09:06 pm »
I used this every day first semester senior year. Everything Lead says is true, son. It's actually seems more effective if you use it before you become shit-tired (like if you pulled an all-nighter and need to go to work/school).
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Lead

• Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 02:16:51 pm »
After 5 hours, what happens?

You don't feel tired, but you don't feel super energized and your not full of energy like you are when you take this.

EDIT: Unless, you've been up for 5 days without sleep. Then you will probably crash from one.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 03:20:41 pm »
They really are amazing. Whenever I would feel tired during my driving shifts on cross-country 30+ hour treks, I'd just pop a 5 hour energy and be solid for my whole drive, no matter how tired I was.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 06:33:30 pm »
They really are amazing. Whenever I would feel tired during my driving shifts on cross-country 30+ hour treks, I'd just pop a 5 hour energy and be solid for my whole drive, no matter how tired I was.
Do you have some sort of sponsorship deal? I can't help but be reminded of Talladega Nights when Will Farrell mentions Powerade during grace.  ;D
errr... something like that...

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 07:15:07 pm »
Do you have some sort of sponsorship deal? I can't help but be reminded of Talladega Nights when Will Farrell mentions Powerade during grace.  ;D

Send them that, maybe they will sponsor you.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline Lead

• Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:48:15 am »

No sponsorship or anything, this is the first type of energy beverage I had that actually works. Figure I'd share it.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 12:06:02 am »
I'll go ahead and input my two cents:

For staying awake and getting a boost of energy, they're fucking fantastic. No doubt. However, I've only tried them twice: before a physics midterm, and on a drive to Arizona.

For the midterm, it only made me feel slightly awake. And it wore off after three hours.

On the drive to Arizona, it worked for all five, but I definitely crashed afterwards. However, I was also running on three hours of sleep.

I prefer caffeine pills. Why? Caffeine magically makes me focus and study. Not sure why. It's like suddenly whatever I'm studying becomes easier to learn. I do not experience this w/ 5 hour energy. I rarely just need "to stay awake" so this isn't for me, persay.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 11:07:23 pm »
I prefer caffeine pills. Why? Caffeine magically makes me focus and study. Not sure why. It's like suddenly whatever I'm studying becomes easier to learn. I do not experience this w/ 5 hour energy. I rarely just need "to stay awake" so this isn't for me, persay.
You've been addicted to caffeine for quite a while haha

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 08:30:39 pm »
I read some horror stories about these. Ofcourse, there's always the random person who takes one and flips out and dies, or something.

I did read that a college student took one prior to an exam and had a mild heart problem arise in class, or something, Probably a panic attack or something.

Redbulls seem to work just fine for me, but I do often get shakey and have a crash.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 06:44:50 pm »
So I had two of these about 4 hours apart...no energy boost from either one.
Ain't Life Grand?

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 08:29:11 pm »
They don't do too much if you're already awake and energized.

Offline truste1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 05:19:32 pm »
They don't do too much if you're already awake and energized.

No I was just dead tired, driving 7 hours back from the beach. Maybe they did enough to keep me awake, but nothing more. But then again I don't think anything could have given me energy
Ain't Life Grand?