Author Topic: Patch 3.2  (Read 13787 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Re: Patch 3.2
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 12:43:19 pm »
ah. yea, a big trend i've seen in 5 man heroics, because of the conq badges, is well geared people doing worse than new 80s in all greens/blues. I wiped more in AN with a group of all Ulduar geared people than I think I ever had before 3.2.

I quit playing my DK all together because of that. I leveled one to 80 right when wotlk came out, and while everyone was on their DK. It was horrible. You couldn't get into anything. It's still sort of like that if you count Paladins, on my server. DK and Paladins make up a large portion of the people. I'm usually the only Hunter in any 10 man, and I've been the only Hunter in 25 Naxx several times. lol. I like it :D
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 05:01:57 pm »
Especially with loot now being easily obtainable, gear =/= skill.  Between VoA, ToC and badge gear you can obtain 4/5 T8.5 and Ulduar level gear with a few weeks ( at most ) of farming.  Like this morning, a 'well geared Mage' was in LFG.  Yeah, he had 4/5 T8.  Yeah he was socketing hit + spirit while WAY over the hit cap.

On a side note, it's such a pain in the ass to find a group as a DPS DK.  Too many baddies giving decent players bad rep. :(

Edit:  I wasn't saying the gear scoring was new, but I'm seeing a lot more people looking at it as a sign of skill in general, which is why I said 'new found fascination'. :P
Yeah I think the gear score thing is silly as well, but I understand why people do it. If doing something harder than heroics/naxx or whatever I usually just look at their gems/enchants/spec/glyphs, but I realize that a large majority of people probably can't do that for every class and see things that are clearly wrong, so they just want something easy to look at to give them an idea of where the person is at gear wise.

And yeah being a dps DK is rough, I eventually just put together a crappy but good enough tank set for pug heroics/naxx level stuff and started making my own groups so I didn't have to deal with it. But I put a lot of work into my DK's gear with the little that I raid, and I know a lot of people in the higher end guilds on my server so I can usually squeeze my way into the occasional good groups for whatever. It's like real life, networking is important!
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 04:05:46 am »
Heh.  I just came back from awhile of not raiding ( 2-3 months, give or take ) and the guild has a few sets of Uld10 groups that go for hardmodes, they asked me to come in the better of the groups and we took out about half of them.  Hardmode Mimiron is a killer pain in the ass btw.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Winterhoof&n=Velanis

^ I've been playing with different gear setups.  I can get to just shy of 600 haste and drop as low as 400.  Guild has downed Yogg25, the day I was supposed to come back to raiding again :P  And of course I missed out on the 10man and 25man 3D's they did awhile back and still haven't had a chance to get either.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 10:16:33 pm »
Finished 10 man ToC, super easy. 10 man heroic is pretty challenging, we had crappy tanks/healers so we stopped so people didn't waste attempts.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 02:41:06 am »
Finished 10 man ToC, super easy. 10 man heroic is pretty challenging, we had crappy tanks/healers so we stopped so people didn't waste attempts.

Yea, we just finished 10 man ToC tonight, also. We wiped 4-5 times on Anub before we got it down. We were putting too much emphasis on the permaphrosts, and not enough dps onto the boss itself. The adds gave us problems, too, until the tank realized he could interupt their burrow cast. Once we got that all in line we downed him. Phase 3 was hilariously fun. One of our healers was dead, and everyone in the raid was about 30% health, and the main tank was like "popping all tank cooldowns. burn him" and it just seemed like forever. haha. it was intense.

We haven't tried 10 man heroic, yet. Probably tomorrow night. We've been failing in 25 man. We couldn't get passed the faction champions last week cause our 2 main healers were out of town. I don't know if I think our 25 man group will down AnubArak, though. =X
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 03:42:47 am »
Yea, we just finished 10 man ToC tonight, also. We wiped 4-5 times on Anub before we got it down. We were putting too much emphasis on the permaphrosts, and not enough dps onto the boss itself. The adds gave us problems, too, until the tank realized he could interupt their burrow cast. Once we got that all in line we downed him. Phase 3 was hilariously fun. One of our healers was dead, and everyone in the raid was about 30% health, and the main tank was like "popping all tank cooldowns. burn him" and it just seemed like forever. haha. it was intense.

We haven't tried 10 man heroic, yet. Probably tomorrow night. We've been failing in 25 man. We couldn't get passed the faction champions last week cause our 2 main healers were out of town. I don't know if I think our 25 man group will down AnubArak, though. =X
Anub only took us 2 tries, everything before p3 is a joke. I think we just had a hunter focus mostly on shooting the frost things down. On the adds, you don't need to interrupt the burrow cast, just tank them over ice and they can't burrow (read the debuff you get when standing on the ice, it tells you this). And yeah P3 was pretty nasty because we weren't expecting the kind of damage that the life leeching debuff did, our MT died, the OT picked it up and died, but so we battle rez'd the MT and ended up not wiping somehow. And I want to do 25 mans, but I'm currently having a lot of fun doing 1 night a week of 10 man stuff with a good guild, and since I'm starting school next week I don't think I can commit to any more :(

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 11:36:01 am »
Our server was lagging so bad we had a hard time downing faction champs ( Resto Shaman, Resto Druid, Holy Paladin, Moonkin, DK, Arms Warrior, Balance Druid, Warlock, Hunter and Rogue ).  And then people were half asleep on the Twin Valks so we didn't even get to Anub last night.

/wrists
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.