Author Topic: Couple question regarding .net  (Read 9972 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Couple question regarding .net
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 03:38:38 pm »
x_x

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
Refusing for the last couple years to learn how the .Net platform works, I've decided that I probably should knock this one off my shoulder. Actually, it wasn't until 3 days ago when my dad's friend asked if I could write him some new server software for his company... The software will be accepting / responding to many multiple active connections.

So I did some research and asking around and noticed a lot of people pointed me towards .Net. I would do it in C, but my experience level isn't quite there yet and I know if I did something like that with my level of experience, I would create clusters of memory leaks.

Knowing VB6, I thought it would probably be easiest to go to VB.Net. Therefore, I would be able to get the project done a lot faster.

So my questions are...

Would .Net be suitable for this project?
Is C# and VB equivalent in performance since they both compile down to the same CLR?

many multiple?

Offline Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 08:20:02 pm »
Refusing for the last couple years to learn how the .Net platform works, I've decided that I probably should knock this one off my shoulder. Actually, it wasn't until 3 days ago when my dad's friend asked if I could write him some new server software for his company... The software will be accepting / responding to many multiple active connections.

So I did some research and asking around and noticed a lot of people pointed me towards .Net. I would do it in C, but my experience level isn't quite there yet and I know if I did something like that with my level of experience, I would create clusters of memory leaks.

Knowing VB6, I thought it would probably be easiest to go to VB.Net. Therefore, I would be able to get the project done a lot faster.

So my questions are...

Is C# and VB equivalent in performance since they both compile down to the same CLR?

many multiple?

Oops?

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »
Vouch for C# being Java that looks like C++. Oh, and at the risk of introducing new information, it's object-oriented, and strongly typed.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 01:42:43 pm »

So my questions are...

Damn your dad's friend wanted a BNetD clone?

http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=18082.0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 01:44:23 pm by Lead »

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline Punk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 12:00:15 pm »
Lol. Or maybe.. I was just using a bot to play around with the sockets :o

Dun dun dun
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 12:07:47 pm by Punk »

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 01:47:15 pm »
Lol. Or maybe.. I was just using a bot to play around with the sockets :o

Dun dun dun

Lies and slander.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson