Author Topic: Dead forum is dead  (Read 4950 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Dead forum is dead
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:31 am »
3.3 is coming soon.

Anub in ToGC25 is a pain in the ass.

I have another 80.

And I can't wait to get full T9 in less than a week for each toon.

Discuss.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Dead forum is dead
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:14:00 am »
no life? ;P

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:43:21 pm »
I pretty much stopped playing when school started :(

The other night I logged on just to say hi to people and ended up doing anub25 in a pug my friend was in, and I did the most damage despite the fact that I haven't gotten a new piece of gear in 3 months. pugs are still baddddd

Turkey holiday is awesome, <3 ezmode cooking leveling. Also I will take great advantage of this 10% rep buff you get from that table thing over this break, I still need a couple more reps on DK for the Exalted (which I will never even wear because the Insane is better but ocd means I still have to finish it).

badgesbadgesbadges is going to be pain again, but the loots are delicious

no life? ;P
gtfo back to your homoerotic navy shenanigans
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »
i dont know. we dont have much trouble in togc. i've been leveling a shaman because i'm bored of raiding. i've got mixed emotions about the shaman, though. i heal on my paladin and don't think i'd enjoy healing on anything else. i'm not real sure if i'll enjoy my shaman at 80, or not. i guess i could make my shaman my healer, and go prot on my paladin. *shrug*
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 01:25:43 pm »
What is it exactly about healing on a pally that you enjoy?  The holy pally is the only healer I have never healed with in a raid setting and I am curious what people find fun about it.  Is tank healing really that enjoyable to you?  I know on my priest I find it to be boring compared to raid healing.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »
What is it exactly about healing on a pally that you enjoy?  The holy pally is the only healer I have never healed with in a raid setting and I am curious what people find fun about it.  Is tank healing really that enjoyable to you?  I know on my priest I find it to be boring compared to raid healing.

I enjoy being able to spam holy light for an entire boss fight and not have any mana issues. I also raid heal on my priest and it's similar to healing on a paladin, situationally. There's not much difference really, considering on my paladin I throw out raid heals during most fights, too. I can solo heal the tanks, and non-retards who avoid orbs, on reg 10 man twin valks. Paladins aren't in cloth, even though Priests have a lot more survivability than they did when I mostly played on mine pre-wotlk. Really, being a priest and paladin are a lot alike, so whatever you enjoy about healing a raid, I also probably enjoy about healing a raid.

I enjoy healing over DPS because I tend to get gear more often. As much as I really don't mind not getting gear, this is a game and in the end it's really just about my enjoyment factor, so getting gear often makes it slightly more entertaining.

I do think druid healing would be kind of fun. I think shamans seem like the most boring of any healer. I'm just hoping enhancement dps will be fun. The burst dps is fun in BGs.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 12:04:27 am »
I like AOE heals when it comes to raid healing.  Don't paladins lack in AoE heals?  What do you think about PvP on a holy pally?

I leveled my druid up to 80 first and went resto.  I found it to be boring because of how they heal.  I wasn't a fan of monitoring 3x Lifebloom on tanks and then not having any real burst heals to bring up the raid quickly.  I was a resto shammy the whole time in BC and I really really enjoyed it.  Chain heal was my primary heal (like it is for most shamans even now at 80) and it was fun to weave in some lesser healing waves and healing waves.  Now that they have riptide it's a little bit more interesting.  I switched to a different healer when Wotlk came out because I wasn't impressed with the shaman changes, I was tired of having to constantly cast totems, and I wanted to try something new.  I was also annoyed at the low health of the totems and how easy of a target they were in PvP.  Made it seem like a waste of mana.  My shamans is still level 70, but I PvP on her from time-to-time as resto. 

In the end I picked the priest and I have been loving it ever since.  The amount of AoE burst healing he can do and the fact that as holy I can still heal a tank (not ideal) is pretty appealing to me. I also really enjoy PvP on the priest as disc, but I don't care much for raiding as disc though.  When I play it I feel like I am gimped when it comes to utility (which might not be the case, just how I feel) and I feel like the only thing I am good for aside from tank healing is spamming shields.  I have a lot more experience in PvE healing as Holy than in Disc, so that might be the reason why I do and feel so much better when playing as Holy.  Is your priest holy or disc?  I can see Disc Priests and Holy Pallys being similar, but not Holy Priest and Holy Pallys.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:21:21 am by AntiVirus »
And all winds that liven

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:51:15 am »
Well, aside from aoe heals, yea. Paladins don't have an aoe heal, but we can glyph for one. Glyphed, our holy light heals people around the person we healed. On my paladin it'll hit people for about 2800. This isn't something that you can really control though, so it's just a nice byproduct of holy light. I don't pvp really, but I hear prot paladins are kick ass right now. My priest is holy/disc - I haven't played it too much. It's my least played 80, beside my DK. I basically use them for camping rare spawns. :P

My shaman is level 67 now, though. Off to northrend today, after work!

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 09:25:17 pm »
Nice.  I have had a level 66 pally for about 4 months now.  They are so boring to level up. : /
And all winds that liven

- The Rasmus

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 10:37:10 pm »
no life? ;P

I has a sugar momma.  Watch my daughter and play WoW.

ezmode
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.