Author Topic: Dragon Age II  (Read 3891 times)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Dragon Age II
« on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:01 am »
How many people are excited for this one? I know I am. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, especially how amusing some of the characters were (e.g. Shale). I'm told they've streamlined the combat and UI, and I have mixed feelings on this. Micromanaging fights for strategic wins is always satisfying (giant dragons!), but sometimes it's just more fun to run around with the phrase "Let's hunt some orc!" in mind. I'll be downloading the demo later this week, but I'm sure I'll be getting the game down the line.

There are a few things I'm tired of related to games in general. Downloadable content on release day feels wrong, almost like the game being sold is incomplete. It's only worsened by the fact sometimes the content adds a lot to the game. An example of this is Shale in the original Dragon Age vs. downloadable characters in Mass Effect 2. The golem was hilarious, and by far my favorite party member. It had unique dialog options, and you could interact with it like a normal group member. Without Shale, the game would've felt incomplete for me. However, in Mass Effect 2, the downloadable characters felt half-assed, and you couldn't have too many meaningful interactions with them. Thus, I didn't really care if I had the character or not.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:50:33 pm by dark_drake »
errr... something like that...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age II
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:57:31 am »
I liked one. I got it around the day it came out so I didn't get any of the content, but I enjoyed it nontheless. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Dragon Age II
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:40:20 am »
I've always liked the Mass Effect and Dragon Age titles, I'm looking forward to my midnight release for it so I can crack my copy open and demo it while I'm working. I did enjoy the DLC for ME2 a lot more, both titles were pretty refreshing though.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce