Author Topic: Hi  (Read 12610 times)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 05:42:44 pm »
Ahahahaha! Seriously, where do they find these tech support people?

Heh, You've gotta watch out for The Windows XP!

I also hate those Indians that work tech support. Is it hard to find those that are actually fluent in written English? Even British-style English? That's almost a Hindi translation to English, ffs.

I might buy the pack and see what its like on Win7 with Compatabilitiy mode.
Incidentally - I bought this, but i keep getting the startup message. Something like: You have not yet started the game, please go through and set up the game config. It's really obnoxious, but oh well.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:58 pm »
Incidentally - I bought this, but i keep getting the startup message. Something like: You have not yet started the game, please go through and set up the game config. It's really obnoxious, but oh well.

Work harder. Alternatively, rip+upload the ISOs and I'll try it when my new laptop gets here. And then we can all play!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:38 pm »
In The Old New Thing, Raymond Chen outlined a lot of problems that Microsoft had with DOS game publishers offering bad support for games because they typically last only about 3 months, and since a lot of companies didn't follow the DPMI spec very well, then when things like memory protection were introduced with Windows 95, it caused a problem.

I also wrote about similar requirements for updates to Vista that impacted WoW's ability to update itself.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 09:00:06 pm »
Work harder. Alternatively, rip+upload the ISOs and I'll try it when my new laptop gets here. And then we can all play!
ISO*. The anthology is pretty sweet. NoCD cracks built in, etc. That alone makes it way better than downloading BG2 ISOs and mounting/burning them. Not really sure how Atari did it, but hey.

Also, widescreen mod is fucking boss.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine