Author Topic: Hi  (Read 12611 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:59 pm »
Who even regularly plays video games amongst us anymore? I know I don't -- I've stopped caring for the online culture. I play once or twice a week in pick-me-up games to kill time or to play, but I lose heart quickly. Similarly, I imagine as we all got out of our teens and into college, PhD programs, work, etc. we've either lost the time or desire to pursue regular gaming.

I'm definitely one of those that has lost the time. My Thanksgiving break will be spent hungover playing Skyrim -- it's the only break I'll get in the quarter to play that game.

And hopefully I'm graduated when Diablo 3 comes out. I feel it'll be easier to balance a game and work than it will school and work. School is currently a flurry of work. It's like they want you to burn out right before you finish. Bastards.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 08:34:51 am »
Or die gracefully. Any thoughts?
Turn it into an IRC channel, then it is sure to die by AFK.
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 11:10:40 am »
Speaking of gaming, I'm leaving for MLG Providence today.  Screw you deadly.  I'm about to go play games/drink for 4 days.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »
I'm definitely one of those that has lost the time. My Thanksgiving break will be spent hungover playing Skyrim -- it's the only break I'll get in the quarter to play that game.

And hopefully I'm graduated when Diablo 3 comes out. I feel it'll be easier to balance a game and work than it will school and work. School is currently a flurry of work. It's like they want you to burn out right before you finish. Bastards.
I realized yesterday, I have the time. I just don't particularly care to play much anymore. The anonymity of the interwebs means everyone's a douche, even in pay-to-play games. I don't care to find a "no dipshits allowed" server for anything, nor do I want to deal with DRM. Oh well.

Speaking of TES. I have Morrowind downloaded [and burned to CD]. GOTY version. Will it install fine on Win7 or do I need to do some compatability bullshit? I never could get into that game, even though I've heard great things about it. Mainly because the starting was so... not interesting. How long until it got good?

Also, I want to restart Baldur's Gate but don't want to deal with 'please change disc'. I remember you + iago said there was a workaround.. What was it?
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 10:52:33 am »
Also, I want to restart Baldur's Gate but don't want to deal with 'please change disc'. I remember you + iago said there was a workaround.. What was it?
Burn all the files to a single DVD. Boomdonenext.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 11:40:07 am »
I bought Oblivion GOTY Edition w/ every expansion pack and extra content for like less than $7 earlier this week on Steam.  I'm too cheap to spend $60 on Skyrim when I still have dozens of highly rated games to play that have been released in the last 6 or so years.  Now that I have my new computer built for the most part (still need buy a video card), I can play all the games that I've neglected to play.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 12:44:20 pm »
Don't mind me... D&D game pack (Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Icewind) for $19.99
I saw that, and I'm tempted. I think I'll ask Santa. It'd be nice to have some older games to play on my laptop while I'm waiting for the supercomputer to render images. If anyone here buys it, let me know if the installation and gameplay works well on Windows 7 and modern machines. I imagine they've fixed any issues, but I thought that about Steam, too. Nothing says awesome like spending an hour scouring forums for a fix.
errr... something like that...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 01:04:36 pm »
I saw that, and I'm tempted. I think I'll ask Santa. It'd be nice to have some older games to play on my laptop while I'm waiting for the supercomputer to render images. If anyone here buys it, let me know if the installation and gameplay works well on Windows 7 and modern machines. I imagine they've fixed any issues, but I thought that about Steam, too. Nothing says awesome like spending an hour scouring forums for a fix.
I've got ya covered broseph. I e-mailed Atari yesterday asking if Windows 7 truly DOES work or not. I'm hoping they'll be honest, otherwise I'll just file a CC dispute with them or tell Amazon they have fraudulent advertising. Heh.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 10:34:24 pm »
I've got ya covered broseph. I e-mailed Atari yesterday asking if Windows 7 truly DOES work or not. I'm hoping they'll be honest, otherwise I'll just file a CC dispute with them or tell Amazon they have fraudulent advertising. Heh.
WHAT THE FUCK I HATE STUPID CORPORATIONS STAFFED BY STUPID MORONS THAT ARE STUPID. A;SDKAF;SLDKA;S.

Thank you for contacting us

In this case i suggest you check the forums in order to have all your questions answered regarding the compatibility of the game.

Thank you
Atari Support
So let me get this straight... You're selling a product. You label at as running in Windows 7. Someone e-mails you asking if that is correct, and you tell him to check your forums? Are you fucking kidding me?

Hi,

Do you have a link to a specific thread or forum board I can look at?
Thank you for contacting us

Unfortunately no, but you can check on the official forums ether for the game or Atari in order to get the answers.

Thank you
Atari Support

I hate people.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 03:00:20 pm »
I e-mailed EA, who apparently now runs Bioware's support operations.

Greetings,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts accounts services.

I suggest you please run the game in Windows XP, as this is the old game, so it might not be supported by the windows XP, so we are not recommended the windows 7 for this game.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or browse our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com. Visit at http://help.ea.com/chat for 24 x 7 chat support.

Regards,
Bharat
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 03:52:29 pm »
I e-mailed EA, who apparently now runs Bioware's support operations.

Greetings,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts accounts services.

I suggest you please run the game in Windows XP, as this is the old game, so it might not be supported by the windows XP, so we are not recommended the windows 7 for this game.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or browse our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com. Visit at http://help.ea.com/chat for 24 x 7 chat support.

Regards,
Bharat
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Ahahahaha! Seriously, where do they find these tech support people?
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 04:03:15 pm »
...it might not be supported by the windows XP...
Heh, You've gotta watch out for The Windows XP!

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 05:43:38 pm »

I also hate those Indians that work tech support. Is it hard to find those that are actually fluent in written English? Even British-style English? That's almost a Hindi translation to English, ffs.

I might buy the pack and see what its like on Win7 with Compatabilitiy mode.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2011, 06:46:12 pm »

I also hate those Indians that work tech support. Is it hard to find those that are actually fluent in written English? Even British-style English? That's almost a Hindi translation to English, ffs.

I might buy the pack and see what its like on Win7 with Compatabilitiy mode.
Have you considered talking to them in Indian?

Err, Hindi?